Changes to Repairs/Anvils & Opportunity!

1 hour ago, JayHog.3280 said:

Not bother wasting money on those if anvils are all over the place

Then don't, but if you think they'll be so useless then why do you think they should be more readily available for everyone to keep them up at all times? It's one or the other: either it's worth keeping up or it's useless. On one hand you claim they'll be useless, but on the other you say they should increase availability because you might want to keep it up all the time and 12h duration is, I guess, too low?

Convenience -and pretty much nothing else- was always the point of repair canisters.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

Its like Anet is slowly killing their own game from the inside. 

They only implement things I see no one asking for and never change things I See people asking for and always do their own thing anyway entirely ignoring everyone. Feedback apparently has been entirely useless over the past year. What happened to Anet? 

It being active in wvw means its a requirement to keep the buff up there now. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3

21 hours ago, Ashen.2907 said:

Why?

Also, do we need yet more power creep?

Because anet didn't want to tell all the people who had infinite repair cannisters that the item has no use in addition to the single use versions being sold for gems. Don't get me wrong I agree that it's unnecessary but they had to invent something to avoid handling a few complaints 😅

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

44 minutes ago, disco.9302 said:

Because anet didn't want to tell all the people who had infinite repair cannisters that the item has no use in addition to the single use versions being sold for gems. Don't get me wrong I agree that it's unnecessary but they had to invent something to avoid handling a few complaints 😅

Solid points, still I wonder why the changes at all. Was there some great outcry over visiting the anvil once in a while? And, if so, how is encouraging people to visit the anvil more a solution?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, disco.9302 said:

Only now its sent the price of it skyrocketing, like people think its actually worth anything still. We don't even know numbers yet, if the numbers are too high, it'll be game breaking, if the numbers are too low, it'll be useless. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Ashen.2907 said:

Solid points, still I wonder why the changes at all. Was there some great outcry over visiting the anvil once in a while? And, if so, how is encouraging people to visit the anvil more a solution?

Considering they said the team who did it was basically working on minor stuff because they had nothing else scheduled to do yet, I think it's just busywork and rushed busywork at that. As I understand it, they also did the dungeon currency change (was buggy on release), the Special Forces Training Area change (still buggy?), and now we're hearing they're doing this, none of which (in my view) seem to be particularly well thought out in execution and seem kind of random attempts at improving QOL.

Maybe it's the team lead's idea of improvements or it's just random stuffs the devs of the team encountered, idk. But yeah, it doesn't seem like stuff players have taken issue with much, compared to the giant thread of directly requested QOL improvements.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

16 hours ago, Curennos.9307 said:

I don't really see the point in this. The jade batteries were more interesting, since they're expac specific and interact with other mechanics introduced in the expansion.

This is just a passive buff you refresh every 12 hours because...why? Unlike food buffs, there's no customization. It adds nothing to the economy (except spiking up the price of infinite repair canisters, I guess?) unlike food buffs. They could make this an automatically refreshing buff and nothing would change. It doesn't even solve any specific problem-  it's just adding something just to add something so they can keep some semblance of the repair mechanic in the game.

I'm basically never going to be using this unless I happen to be in a city for some reason and remember this exists, or it's raid night.

It removes an inconvenience and replaces it with a minor optional benefit.

I probably won't refresh it every 12 hours either, but whenever i'm running around the world and I see one of those repair anvils, yeah i'll probably run upto it and interact with it.

I expect most people will tbh.

While the buff is only minor it'll certainly be more convenient that food items despite being far less useful.

I am always running around with food items in my inventory, but I rarely ever use them simply because I forget they are there XD

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Remember, that this is going to be health&defense boost.

After the update, repair canisters and anvils will grant a small bonus to your health and defense, with a twelve-hour duration.

So I think this won't be a game-changing feature. Probably no more than 5% like other boosters.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

19 hours ago, Rogue.8235 said:

The announcement specifically stated that these were small things completed by debs who were awaiting their step in the project management cycle.  Essentially, they couldn't start their work yet for the primary project they're working on.  Instead of sitting around doing nothing, they engaged in tiny tasks that can be completed in time for when the big project step is ready for them.  If you want to know more about how this works, look up critical path analysis.

So, no, this isn't what they consider substantial content.  There is definitely argument for what QoL projects they could have done instead.  There is a massive list of requests pinned to this forum.

Personally, I think it's fine.  It's not anywhere approaching any kind of deal to me, much much less a big deal.  I will say that updates to character selection screen would have been preferable.

Not content that ANet considers worth spending their development time on but rather what they consider to be worth me spending my time on. It doesnt matter how much or how little time they spent on it, the fact that they decided to push players to spend more of their play time engaging with anvils is what I question.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, ProverbsofHell.2307 said:

They knew they had to add something to repair anvils simply because of permanent repair canisters… but the last thing particularly WvW needs is more defence creep. 

An offensive stat buff still wouldn’t be great, but it’d probably be healthier.

Add the fact that most "randoms" won't even use the new buff. 

Either because they are lazy( many don't even use the food the game throws at them) or they don't know about it because they don't read patch notes. 

It's essentially a slight buff to the dedicated player. Who really doesn't need it. 

But we will see. 

• Like 2