Yes! Floyd Grubb! What a super surprise for WvW!

Swagger.1459

Hello , looking last update I do not see a way to control and approve the players that goes in an Ally .

For example Guild PVX with 300+ players , agree to attend in ally with max 100 members because they are the one doing WvW.
From what I saw , looks that GL's and Officers cannot control or approve who flag and who not and this is an issue.
We need to have a management pannel, where we can approve or not

20 hours ago, Stonemist.4680 said:

This is still WIP Design, but the current thinking is individual Guilds will have the ability to give Permission to members to select that Guild as their WvW Guild. This allows the Guild Officers to control who will fill their allowed Alliance Capacity. It's one of the major things we will want feedback on during an beta test (not the next, probably 2-3 beta's down the road.)

Thx for the answer mate, I think your idea goes in the desired direction. You must also think what happens when an alliance renegotiates numbers with a guild and when does the new conditions apply. As you mentioned in your post, if a guild is contributing less to an alliance, alliance leaders can decrease the amount of available slots for that guild. This is something logic and a feature needed but you must think how to implement it.  The logic says to allow alliance changes in slots available for guilds only between 8-week sprints, during the alliance rebuild week, not during the sprint. Normally, alliance leaders would talk with guild representatives to notify them with the slot update and therefore guild leaders will then readjust their roster for the next sprint (using your mentioned permission feature for selecting/deselecting guild members to fight for the alliance). But this change of mind of the alliance with respect to the guild must be noticeable in game, I mean, the guild must know without talking, that their numbers will be reduced or increased for the next sprint, so they can prepare accordingly (I assume most will directly talk, but sometimes it is difficult or people is directly poor communicating with others).

Another linked issue is about slot offering from alliance leaders. Imagine they plan a signing for a new 50 man power guild and they have 100 slots available. They wait for the end of the 8-week sprint (new signings or firings should be blocked during the 8-week competition) and then they make the offer to a guild for 50 slots. That guild accepts the offering and gives the permissions to 50 of its members to be able to select the guild as WvW guild.  What happens if the guild gives the permission to 60 members when they where given only 50 slots? There is space in the alliance for 60 but the invitation was done for 50. At this point I think the management can be done in two ways: alliance limit management or guild limit management. At guild level, one way would be to consider the new permission like expendable tickets and you only have 50 so you cannot give the permission to 60 because you will not have enough permission tickets. The other option is to check the limit at alliance level where, if the invite was for 50 slots and the guild gives 60 permissions, the alliance will block 10 random guild members (they cannot know who) from that guild because the invitation was done to 50. Doing it at alliance level will not be appropriate because the alliance does not know which are the guild members that must be blocked to join. There has to be some way to work with the invitation limit and I think it has to be at guild level so, if a guild negotiates 50 slots with an alliance, they cannot then give 60 internal permissions. Sorry for the wall-o-text but I think it is good to talk about these things now and contribute to have the alliances as soon as possible.

So what happens to the other members of those guilds that aren't selected (because they don't play 24/7, or whatever)?  Do they just get randomly thrown in somewhere else?

Also one poster seems to think alliance slots will be permanently filled 24/7, whereas in practice if the permission system comes in you will need permissions for a lot more than the cap if you ever want to field a full side (unless you can find 1000 no lives to fill all slots).

Giving officers too much power over selection might backfire.

Needs some careful thought and planning to ensure the system is fair, robust, not open to exploitation or abuse and also caters for people who don't sped their entire lives under a rock.

8 hours ago, Baldrick.8967 said:

Giving officers too much power over selection might backfire.

Needs some careful thought and planning to ensure the system is fair, robust, not open to exploitation or abuse and also caters for people who don't sped their entire lives under a rock.

There's no reason for guilds to not be allowed to manage their own rosters.  They're player-created communities and we join and participate in them when they fit our personal preferences.  Just find another guild that suits your preferences, no?  Anet's policy is rightly to not get involved in guild politics afaik. They aren't babysitters, just community tool creators.

Edited by Chaba.5410

On 6/25/2022 at 3:35 PM, Duca di Ebonhawke.1045 said:

Hello , looking last update I do not see a way to control and approve the players that goes in an Ally .

For example Guild PVX with 300+ players , agree to attend in ally with max 100 members because they are the one doing WvW.
From what I saw , looks that GL's and Officers cannot control or approve who flag and who not and this is an issue.
We need to have a management pannel, where we can approve or not

Failure to approve or have a dialogue with a guild member who flagged for the WvW guild is called "kicking that member from the guild". So sure they can control it.

• Like 3

Can you please have a talk with the balance team about the anvil buff working in WvW and convince them to disable it there?

It is going to break lots of the balance in multiple ways and is a mess.

People should have to invest in stats, everything has been balanced around that. Arbitrarily giving every build free stats is a really strikingly weird decision.

• Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/24/2022 at 7:49 PM, Stonemist.4680 said:

I also worked on City of Heroes, which is more likely where the excitement comes from. I had a much more public role on that title. Thanks for the welcome! 🙂

hi floyd,

how are you all right? have you found a free desk in the office? or you are sadly stuck at home in smart working. I just wanted to tell you that if you want and if you can steal 10 or 20 minutes of time at work to exchange 4 chats here on the forum. that would also be a spece of work for you but much more relaxed I hope.

for sure it would be much appreciated by the community or at least it would be appreciated by me. hello from mabi.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

On 6/24/2022 at 2:17 PM, Stonemist.4680 said:

This is still WIP Design, but the current thinking is individual Guilds will have the ability to give Permission to members to select that Guild as their WvW Guild. This allows the Guild Officers to control who will fill their allowed Alliance Capacity. It's one of the major things we will want feedback on during an beta test (not the next, probably 2-3 beta's down the road.)

Hi mr floyd, please do not neglect us kind sir. when is the "1st beta down the road" going to happen

• Sad 1

I just want him/them to understand that WvW is fun because it's an open sandbox where you can either solo or zerg or do what you want. Please don't only balance it around zergs or something. I want to make crazy builds. I want to roam and do what I want with NO TEMPLATED STATS and NO LIMITATIONS.

Even things like thieves stealth camping in a tower is fun. Just give us tools to counter it, like the Warclaw's sniff. It's that play -> counterplay that makes PvP modes in general, fun. So don't give in to people complaining about thieves stealthing in towers. Let us do cool things.

Just saying this for posterity.

Edit: OH! And skins as rewards are great and all, but the rewards should be things that aren't one-and-done for this game mode. Just remember to treat the mode more like a sandbox and less like a "Game", please!

Edit Edit: God the updates in this game give me so much anxiety anymore. Please stop with nerfs, too, even for Harb, Willbender, Mech, and just give other classes the counterplay they need to deal with them. After the last few years of nerfs I ended up quitting and only came back for EoD, but it's just the same old disappointments. Please just make things better for everyone.

Edited by Arolandis.8360
  • Haha 1

• 1 year later...