A big thanks

Grand Marshal.4098

To all of you warrior chad mains in here for being real ones and speaking your mind. 

Oscuro, Lan, Calm, Felix, Hotride, Vanzo, JT, Dan, Exruina anyone who Im forgetting. 

You guys have helped me all learn warrior better and after my almost 2k posts (ok ill be fair most have beeb shittalk as of late) I was hoping for changes and was clinging to the tiniest hope of this class improving. 

Recent evidence *cough cough* and balancing, have been underwhelming and if warrior is not to be ever the spec we envision it to be (balanced and a true melee terror) then I suppose this is just not fun anymore for me. 

I suppose I may log in to scratch that occasional warrior itch (since ive been improving the past month a lot) but aside from that Im better off doing anything else ans not supporting this game which clearly has never pleased me once. 

Thank you all, Ill be around the forums to see how things develop, cause I figured it would be annoying to get banned (not that Im far from it). 

#WarriorMain4Ever? 😔✌️

Edited by Grand Marshal.4098
Added names
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 3

25 minutes ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

To all of you warrior chad mains in here for being real ones and speaking your mind. 

Oscuro, Lan, Calm, Felix, Hotride, Vanzo, JT, Dan, Exruina anyone who Im forgetting. 

You guys have helped me all learn warrior better and after my almost 2k posts (ok ill be fair most have beeb shittalk as of late) I was hoping for changes and was clinging to the tiniest hope of this class improving. 

Recent evidence *cough cough* and balancing, have been underwhelming and if warrior is not to be ever the spec we envision it to be (balanced and a true melee terror) then I suppose this is just not fun anymore for me. 

I suppose I may log in to scratch that occasional warrior itch (since ive been improving the past month a lot) but aside from that Im better off doing anything else ans not supporting this game which clearly has never pleased me once. 

Thank you all, Ill be around the forums to see how things develop, cause I figured it would be annoying to get banned (not that Im far from it). 

#WarriorMain4Ever? 😔✌️

And here I thought those with forum posts with over a thousand played more than me! I'm glad I could be of some assistance.

As far as the game goes, I still play it. The story's nice. And (somehow) I still win the majority of my ranked pvp games despite the disaster that is ranked and this class. (W/L - 69/58) However, gw2 is not getting any of my money until(if) they get competent and reliable staff. I considered buying EoD to at least play the story or with friends but now I'm not even going for that. gw2 simply does not deserve it.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, JTGuevara.9018 said:

And here I thought those with forum posts with over a thousand played more than me! I'm glad I could be of some assistance.

As far as the game goes, I still play it. The story's nice. And (somehow) I still win the majority of my ranked pvp games despite the disaster that is ranked and this class. (W/L - 69/58) However, gw2 is not getting any of my money until(if) they get competent and reliable staff. I considered buying EoD to at least play the story or with friends but now I'm not even going for that. gw2 simply does not deserve it.

I mean theres always something to learn, or a better suggestion somewhere. 

I got 3k hours on warr roaming and zerging, but only the past 9 months have I marginally gotten better tbh. To the point Im probably one of the better roamers in my server...which is great and sad. 

Edited by Grand Marshal.4098

I don't play warrior much these days. Honestly I am still butt hurt about losing the F1 skill in berserkers. I see warriors as the upcoming under dog. I hope they fix that problem but 2022 hasn't been a good year for anet imo. I only still play the game to raid with friends. 

• Thanks 2

42 minutes ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

I mean theres always something to learn, or a better suggestion somewhere. 

I got 3k hours on warr roaming and zerging, but only the past 9 months have I marginally gotten better tbh. To the point Im probably one of the better roamers in my server...which is great and sad. 

Oh god...you roam.  I haven't played wvw in a while, I can't believe roamers still exist lmao, never mind warriors. I thought everybody and their grandmother is part of the boon-ball zerg with a guild commander who clearly peaked in high school...

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, JTGuevara.9018 said:

Oh god...you roam.  I haven't played wvw in a while, I can't believe roamers still exist lmao, never mind warriors. I thought everybody and their grandmother is part of the boon-ball zerg with a guild commander who clearly peaked in high school...

Nah, since the last year I have gradually started to not enjoy the state of wvw and how difficult it is to find good content and enemies. So I only solo roam to improve myself and maybe make a small team of roamers in my server, cause no one else does or it's super rare. So I made many friends and they were the only reason to play for sometimes. But they all stopped playing or play other games altogether, therefore, no real incentive for me to stay back. Might only do an open field run with my main wvw guild once or twice just cause of the people. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ProverbsofHell.2307 said:

If it brings anyone any comfort, not a single balance patch has deterred me and this one is no different, still playing PvP as berserker and having fun matches in high rank.

Id say the same, but for some reason all odds are against us so might as well find even more fun things to do right?

1 hour ago, ProverbsofHell.2307 said:

If it brings anyone any comfort, not a single balance patch has deterred me and this one is no different, still playing PvP as berserker and having fun matches in high rank.

How? Pvp in this game is rather a dead scene, when I've tried 95% of matches are 500-0 if you are on either side, what class you play doesn't matter in the end unless you play Harb or WB. I used to pvp on my Warrior but then I tried Ranger and now I love seeing Warriors on enemy teams cause at any level play, they are a free kill and you playing "high" end pvp with Warrior, means you are gimping your own team and giving the enemy an advantage. 

Though I guess, if that's what you like with pvp and actually actively making your own team worse, then that is indeed a great way to view Warrior in pvp 🙂 In fact, maybe I should do that as well, that sounds kind of fun, I can't wait for the salt! 

• Confused 2

yea, personally, i felt the same way after HoT, i still play some warrior for the itch and warrior forum is pretty much the only forum i check and post in.

but i've mained rev for HoT, holo for PoF, and back to rev for the end of PoF, and now mainly rev and wb switching between. 

i probably never need to post in those forums, because they were always good and meta, even not being meta is still very able to carry people through skill

and maybe thats why i attach to warrior so much for it is broken.

i still play a lot of warrior, though when i wanna try hard, i play rev, and now my class pool is big i also play the op specs.

i feel like i lose my skills whenever i play warrior and i feel extremely limited and helpless some times in higher end matches.

but i am still attached to warrior, even when my war play time has reduced extremely.

and im like a kid who never learn, i keep going back trying to build craft, theorycraft hoping to make some new build that would work outside of some variant of gs/shield side noder.

but of course it never worked and only to have my rating dropped from plat2 to gold 2 and left my pairs thinking i've got no skill anymore. and i just climb back up by playing thief or rev. 

Edited by Lighter.5631
  • Like 2

Thanks for the kind words guys. It rly has become an unfair scene for us.

I rly got a huge blow to the gut when I did ne unranked match today and a guard main in our team asked what's wrong with WB (we were saying it's quite rewarding and forgiving), then saying how Willbender is the toughest spec to play and the weakest....

xD

He clearly has not played non-meme Power zerker!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

#WarriorMain4Ever? 😔✌️

You will be missed, my dude! May our paths cross again soon!

Dammit ANet... Now we have a banner-shaped hole AND a @Grand Marshal.4098-shaped hole in our warrior hearts. 

Edited by CalmTheStorm.2364
  • Like 1

A refreshing post! While it might be on less than ideal terms, it's pretty nice to see and I'm sure everyone here appreciates it.

May you always crit your bursts where-ever you go, and keep in mind GW2 is likely to stick around still for years to come. Despite the changes I'm eager for the WvW rework, I'm a pretty patient person myself lol.