Juvenile Siege Turtle

Serenic.6852

Please remove the ranged cannon attack, its really hard to get the pet to tank mobs with it, and it has 55k health so its a tank pet 😧 I honestly have no clue how to get the pet to go into melee range with it.

Edited by Serenic.6852
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

The entire point of the pet is to fight from range and if anything fires at you, you just block it.
Is it a dumb idea? Yup!
Is it getting changed? Nope!
The pet has a gun so it will use a gun and the best thing you can do is to lead mobs to it.
Also the closest solution we could get is pet control update where we can make the pet move to marked location.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

18 hours ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

At least it doesn't use an evade skill that make it retreat for a few range unit on it's own.

Yeah! I'm talking about you devourer! Why did you always screw the aggro with this burrowing skill that you use on your own?

The Devourers clearly have better priorities than their pet Rangers.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

Their are just cowards. They got sh*tload of toughness yet they retreat as soon as something is at melee range.

That's not so different from Rangers wanting their pets to tank hits.

But my comment was supposed to be a joke.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jaricko.6143 said:

Correct me if i am wrong. Couldn't you just run an untamed build and change it to stinky mode to make it charge in to melee range? 

Why bother doing that when the melee skills are so... underwhelming?

It'd be nice to have an auto pet that's good and not have to worry about it's other skills. But the auto can't hit stuff.

• Like 1

For what its worth, probably not the desired direction of this thread but I was practicing condi untamed earlier (still got a lot of practicing to do) but even played extremely poorly it was doing at least 20k (it should do 40k)

If you just want a pet to tank for you while you do stuff, any pet should work on some level alongside the amount of daze and cc you have on untamed. 

The whole point of the turtle isn't to tank enemies for you, but to survive in content where pets normally don't survive, so half of your skills and traits don't suddenly become useless mid-battle.

The pet you're looking for is the bear.

Edited by Hannelore.8153
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

27 minutes ago, Hannelore.8153 said:

The whole point of the turtle isn't to tank enemies for you, but to survive in content where pets normally don't survive, so half of your skills and traits don't suddenly become useless mid-battle.

The pet you're looking for is the bear.

Siege turtles effectively don't do anything. If the boss moves (more than 75% of fights), it'll be missing.

• Like 2

On 7/2/2022 at 7:47 PM, Serenic.6852 said:

Please remove the ranged cannon attack, its really hard to get the pet to tank mobs with it, and it has 55k health so its a tank pet 😧 I honestly have no clue how to get the pet to go into melee range with it.

think that both the cc and the bite skills are melee so you just need to make it use those skills, if youre not using untamed though... well then its more difficult, anyway i think its good that it has ranged attacks, in wvw you can attack canons and some things from range when in a siege.

If i had to change anything id be more duration on its jade shield and a better ai when targeting in a siege, sometimes it just behaves like an idiot when it should have line of sight, id much better they make other pets better and left turtle as a kind of mini siege weapon XD

From WvW perspective...they need to rework it entirely.  

For soulbeast specifically, need either slam or preferably hunker down added, because right now the merged skills provide neither CC or mobility, which is bad.  In addition the jade cannon is awful compared to something like call lightning.

Unmerged, guess the F2 is fine if it'd actually respond in a timely manner.  Never going to fix the damage skills as whatever is in the path is just going to move long before they're hit.  The CC/slam I guess is ok if you are on untamed and can control it, but otherwise pet never going to land that on its own either.  

• Like 2

I would honestly prefer a compromise...

Leave the cannon on this one.  

I do enjoy having my turtle blast stationary bosses for me (which is a good chunk of the bosses that aren't champion grade)

Introduce another turtle without the cannon. There are plenty of them around the hatchery. 

Maybe this one can be used underwater too?  There's a weird empty spot in Aquatic pets that's empty... this would fix it..

Low hanging fruit... feel free to take it, no one will judge :classic_ninja:

Def on board with # tweaks and skill swaps for Soulbeast when it comes to Cannon Turtle though. 

• Like 1

The turtle should work like a bristleback tbh.

Range only, has a barrage style attack. The PbAoE attack (the bubble). And a selfbuff that adds a Cc to its next attack.

That would unify those two into one family and would make the turtle just straight up a better offensive pet.

• Like 1

turtle needs a couple more seconds in its shield skill, and its cannon some times doesnt fire correctly in wvw when it should, i make turtle fire at siege canons and so on and some times it does fire and some times it doesnt, the ia needs some work

On 7/2/2022 at 11:48 AM, Beddo.1907 said:

Also the closest solution we could get is pet control update where we can make the pet move to marked location.

We used to be able to do this with the old version of "Guard!" skill. Nice little ground-target that told your pet where to camp until enemies came by. It was gimmick as a whole skill on your bar, but still kind of cool.