i'm convinced rev is just an advanced better war

Lighter.5631

i thought willbender would take the cake after EoD.

but nah, willbender just a one trick.

after maining rev for HoT and end of PoF, and now replaying rev again after sleepsworn

from the buttom to the top, the feels of melee combat, the fluidity, the speed, it feels so similar playing rev

more interesting/viable/diverse weapons to play with.

more viable/interesting/diverse utilities

way more pvp meta uptime

higher skill floor, skill ceiling, higher skill cap

more pvp playstyle, melee, range, condi. side node, roamer, team fight.

flashier better looking animation and skills

and more memes and funs, i was able to make glass canon vindicator in pvp that does higher burst then glass berserker with more maneuverability , instead of feeling like a sitting duck all the time.

then i realized

99% of plat2 warrior rerolled to play something else

i want to play warrior but

there's nothing that excites me about warrior anymore other then a tiny bit of excitement left in power spellbreaker, all it left is  the huge disappointment that anet left behind.

i kept finding myself going back to rev after feeling the disappointment and regret i get for playing warrior again.

and i'm only kept posting here because this class is called warrior

you don't see me posting in rev forum, because i'm satisfied with the class, sure it has flaws, but it's nothing i can't cuddle with and simply because i get more satisfaction then disappointment playing that class

oh and vindicator may feel clunky at first, but after you get hang off it, it feels great. shiro literally makes so many specs great to play.

unlike bladesworn, after months of playing it, it still feels garbage

Edited by Lighter.5631
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

2 hours ago, Lighter.5631 said:

And the other 1% stopped playing pvp 😂

I have the same sentiment as you. There’s that small glimmer of hope, the last embers of high-speed, reactionary, fluid, and impactful gameplay in spell, but a lot of warrior is dull from obsolescence. It’s unfortunate, because it’s the only profession I enjoy playing in this game.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Yup, after EoD released I was so fed up that they did not take any of our feedback for BsW that I played Rev for 1 month in WvW roaming. 

Herald, Core, Renegade, Vindicator. 

Shiro truly is peak design. 

All these power melee specs that can jump in, out, have impact on their hits, be so fluid. 

And then I struggle with warrior for the same results, even though I still went back to warrior for tough fights, since I had the class mastered to a degree. 

Overall, with my irl job not allowing me to play the game and the recent patches and promises, I decided it's as good a time as any, to stop playing altogether. 

Maybe after October I may roam a bit for fun. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, tunococman.7324 said:

Revenant still an annoying evade spamming blind spamming coward class

It's not even funny why is ANET not nerfing this edgelord class

blind spamming?

also that's the thing that makes me believe that rev is a better warrior.

spellbreaker also spams evade and full counter.

any war build that goes strength line with MMR spams evade anyway.

the point is, rev is hard to perform, which is why anet does not nerf it.

anet only nerfs what most people QQ about

which is why war get nerfed without being meta in high end, because it starts wrecking  people in the low end and everyone can pick up easily, as they refuse to give any difficulty to warrior

(only exception is spellbreaker, with some ok skill gate, which is why power spellbreaker always has been warrior's best spec, even tho it's never as populated compared to berserker/core war in low end)

warrior in general tho will get axed before even getting playable in mAT.

while builds for rev will take way longer or maybe even never depends on how long it takes for community to learn the builds.

same reason why it is wb and harb that got populated so fast, yet you barely see vindi, even tho they are pretty much all op.

also rev kit so versatile that even nerfs, will still perform by good players, unless simply rendered completely useless.

unlike warrior kit, which simply stops performing as long as the numbers are not op

Edited by Lighter.5631
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

technically landing big casting times is hard/difficulty in an evade spam game, even with bonkers ratios

ANET's balance team does love to contradict themselves in their balance principles honestly, and they kinda listen to bad logic such as "effective hp on Warrior makes Warrior op" when this game is about catching people after they evade, baiting stun breaks because you can 100-0 even highest health and heavy armor anyways.

I'd rather take smite seriously than this game.

Accepting that this game will never be better and moving on to a different game sounds better imo

Edited by tunococman.7324
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, Tycura.1982 said:

I'm an ele main now and I'm never going back. Yeah people go on about ele being bad still but it's miles ahead of war.

exactly, you are ele main now and peanut is rev main.

no pvp warrior who's gotten decent enough will stick to warrior unless they are machoistic, that's basically fact since 2013.

no matter what else anyone claim, they just aren't even decent to know.

"oh warrior so good" "you are just bad"

no..most people who used to say that will eventually get good enough to realize the truth and then they either switch mains or quite or they simply never actually reached that level

and the cycle continues

i've witness this since the beginning of gw2.

Edited by Lighter.5631

On 7/5/2022 at 7:50 PM, Lighter.5631 said:

i thought willbender would take the cake after EoD.

but nah, willbender just a one trick.

after maining rev for HoT and end of PoF, and now replaying rev again after sleepsworn

from the buttom to the top, the feels of melee combat, the fluidity, the speed, it feels so similar playing rev

more interesting/viable/diverse weapons to play with.

more viable/interesting/diverse utilities

way more pvp meta uptime

higher skill floor, skill ceiling, higher skill cap

more pvp playstyle, melee, range, condi. side node, roamer, team fight.

flashier better looking animation and skills

and more memes and funs, i was able to make glass canon vindicator in pvp that does higher burst then glass berserker with more maneuverability , instead of feeling like a sitting duck all the time.

then i realized

i want to play warrior but

there's nothing that excites me about warrior anymore other then a tiny bit of excitement left in power spellbreaker, all it left is  the huge disappointment that anet left behind.

i kept finding myself going back to rev after feeling the disappointment and regret i get for playing warrior again.

and i'm only kept posting here because this class is called warrior

you don't see me posting in rev forum, because i'm satisfied with the class, sure it has flaws, but it's nothing i can't cuddle with and simply because i get more satisfaction then disappointment playing that class

oh and vindicator may feel clunky at first, but after you get hang off it, it feels great. shiro literally makes so many specs great to play.

unlike bladesworn, after months of playing it, it still feels garbage

You're overthinking this, though I get where you're coming from. First off, there is really no such thing as "skill floors" or "skill ceilings". Intangible concepts such as skill cannot really be reliably measured in numbers. (Floor and ceiling are mathematical terms) There's really no agreement or consensus on how such a thing can be done in the first place.

With warrior, it's not that it has a low "skills floor", it's that it's a LIMITED CLASS. It's limited compared to revenant or guardian, in which you are correct, are better versions of melee fighters. Warrior's limitations are BUILT-IN due to its class mechanic. THIS is why it has trouble performing. It's limited in terms of basic function, traits, weapon skills, utility skills, overall combat scope and dimension. Warriors have to basically overachieve and put massive effort to do anything even remotely substantial. Other non-warrior professions simply don't GET this (or choose not to...).

And yes, spellbreaker is the only spec that is even able to compete. Because it is not limited! Spellbreaker brings: area CC, boon-removal, condition reflect, daze, a pull(Magebane Tether), super-speed, it's capable of a lot of things even in its nerfed state.

15 hours ago, Tycura.1982 said:

I'm an ele main now and I'm never going back. Yeah people go on about ele being bad still but it's miles ahead of war.

I play an ele secondary. Eles are a notch above warrior because of attunement swaps. Ele has 4 elements and skill bundles that it can swap into to more easily time and rotate between them and control their game. Warrior, on the other hand, has to WAIT more to swap weapons because it only has two weapon sets. We know this! Ask any warrior that doesn't take Discipline!

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, JTGuevara.9018 said:

You're overthinking this, though I get where you're coming from. First off, there is really no such thing as "skill floors" or "skill ceilings". Intangible concepts such as skill cannot really be reliably measured in numbers. (Floor and ceiling are mathematical terms) There's really no agreement or consensus on how such a thing can be done in the first place.

With warrior, it's not that it has a low "skills floor", it's that it's a LIMITED CLASS. It's limited compared to revenant or guardian, in which you are correct, are better versions of melee fighters. Warrior's limitations are BUILT-IN due to its class mechanic. THIS is why it has trouble performing. It's limited in terms of basic function, traits, weapon skills, utility skills, overall combat scope and dimension. Warriors have to basically overachieve and put massive effort to do anything even remotely substantial. Other non-warrior professions simply don't GET this (or choose not to...).

And yes, spellbreaker is the only spec that is even able to compete. Because it is not limited! Spellbreaker brings: area CC, boon-removal, condition reflect, daze, a pull(Magebane Tether), super-speed, it's capable of a lot of things even in its nerfed state.

I play an ele secondary. Eles are a notch above warrior because of attunement swaps. Ele has 4 elements and skill bundles that it can swap into to more easily time and rotate between them and control their game. Warrior, on the other hand, has to WAIT more to swap weapons because it only has two weapon sets. We know this! Ask any warrior that doesn't take Discipline!

skill floor and skill ceiling simply exist, when you can see plenty of warrior in gold 2 or lower all the time. and have low skills player complaining about how OP warrior is. go play some gold1 gold 2 matches, you will see plenty of bladesworn and plenty people crying about how op bladesworn is

even tho with nobody playing warrior in plat+ or ATs for years.

while rev you barely ever see it in low golds.

and you even get low skill players complaining about how bad rev is,

even you have top 25 revs explaining how good it is, but simply get 20+ confuses each post

on top of being meta and op in plat+ and AT for years

this is literally the skill floor and skill ceiling which you can observe with your eyes.

Edited by Lighter.5631
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, Lighter.5631 said:

skill floor and skill ceiling simply exist, when you can see plenty of warrior in gold 2 or lower all the time. and have low skills player complaining about how OP warrior is. go play some gold1 gold 2 matches, you will see plenty of bladesworn and plenty people crying about how op bladesworn is

even tho with nobody playing warrior in plat+ or ATs for years.

while rev you barely ever see it in low golds.

and you even get low skill players complaining about how bad rev is,

even you have top 25 revs explaining how good it is, but simply get 20+ confuses each post

on top of being meta and op in plat+ and AT for years

this is literally the skill floor and skill ceiling which you can observe with your eyes.

While I agree with you in the sense pf warriors being in a bad position currently. 

The reason bladesworn isn't used in MATs or ATs is simply because spectre fulfills the duelist role. There's no point in throwing 2 duelist in the same team, and spectre roams better then warrior so spectres the obvious choice. 

Bladesworn can perform pretty well, but ye should carry it and it's aids spam to play realistically terrible specc design really. 

But bladesworns pretty good in ranked gameplay, its got great sustain and damage. But yeah it only rly has 1 role. Which means it won't be used on mats or ats 

Edited by Daddy.8125