New Canthan mount pack

Been a while since I was here. I forgot all about the kittens! XD

Anyway, to start with a positive comment, every single mount in the new pack looks awesome! (Though if I had bought the Tigris or Cuckoo on their own, I'd maybe feel a little salty.)

But, guys...come on. MAYBE Cantha has no native beetles or skimmers. Okay. But turtles? Not a single turtle skin?

Edited by Cragga the Eighty Third.60
  • Like 7
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, chronometria.3708 said:

No skimmer...OK, I guess that's due to skiffs. No rollerbeetle....OK I guess that's because there will be a jade tech roller in the future.

That's pretty good logic, but I can't help but be disappointed. I'm always happy for new bling at the racetrack. As for the skimmers, I have a wardrobe full of butt-ugly skins, and then they finally came out with the glaucuses and the Devilfish, showing that at least someone in the design department was on board with the concept of a friendly-looking critter. Was really hopeful for more cute (or at least not gross) surfbeasts.

• Like 4

I feel a need to voice my deep displeasure. I did buy the tigers and fox skins, but that's not the source of my ire; instead, it's the raptor skins. 2 of the 4 are pattern-shifted clones - and a third has the same mesh with the star field skin applied - of the Deluxe Edition skin which was supposed to be exclusive. I did not, specifically, buy the DE for that skin (or the boat); however I did enjoy those bonuses and expect(ed) them to be stay exclusive. There's simply no precedent for them offering a "different" (some might feel better - those star skins seem popular) version of the exclusives and it diminishes (at the least, my) willingness to purchase such an upgrade in the future.

1 hour ago, Cragga the Eighty Third.60 said:

That's pretty good logic, but I can't help but be disappointed. I'm always happy for new bling at the racetrack. As for the skimmers, I have a wardrobe full of butt-ugly skins, and then they finally came out with the glaucuses and the Devilfish, showing that at least someone in the design department was on board with the concept of a friendly-looking critter. Was really hopeful for more cute (or at least not gross) surfbeasts.

Hopefully you remember that there's also a hummingbird, manatee, and sea turtle. They're all premium-level skins, but still available for your better-looking skimmer needs.

• Confused 5

26 minutes ago, ProtoGunner.4953 said:

How by Ural's Hammer can't you like the Aurora Blessed Noble Skyscale? It's awesome!

It's lovely, nice trail effect!  Was fortunate to get this one as a random license, and happily it was the one I was most interested in.  

Mount skins are only forgettable to those who don't use them...that's why there are so many.   I personally don't want a dreadnaught raptor or Saint Bernard but many people like them.

• Like 2

I'm now a bit disappointed that I bought the 3-pack of skyscale skins not long ago. I didn't really want 3 versions, so if I'd known I'd have waited (and waited for the select licences to be discounted) and got one of these instead. No regrets on the warclaw pack though, I don't like the new nian warclaw skins as much.

I suppose that's a reminder not to buy gem store stuff I'm not completely certain about.

I didn't get the other Canthan 3-packs, so I'll probably pick up some of these skins when they're discounted (since I think 1,200 gems is too much for 1 skin, and I'm not willing to gamble with gems.)

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Farohna.6247 said:

It's lovely, nice trail effect!  Was fortunate to get this one as a random license, and happily it was the one I was most interested in.  

Mount skins are only forgettable to those who don't use them...that's why there are so many.   I personally don't want a dreadnaught raptor or Saint Bernard but many people like them.

I got that one through a random pick as well, which I only decided to chance because I like nearly all of the skins in this set but none are real standouts.
I generally don't like the glowy stuff though, so I'd rather have had one of the other two skyscale variants. That said, dying the glow with Shadow Abyss turns it down to a shimmer that I'm much happier with. Still looking for the perfect skyscale, but this one is not bad for the meanwhile.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

20 hours ago, ProtoGunner.4953 said:

How by Ural's Hammer can't you like the Aurora Blessed Noble Skyscale? It's awesome!

Tbh Skyscales are completely underwhelming skin wise imo. You're either Toothless or a Generic Disney Villain dragon. There's not a single Skyscale skin yet that makes me go "ok that's an awesome dragon"

Full disclosure I did buy the dark monarch just so I didn't have toothless, so the marketing worked a little. Would've gladly paid more for something decent though. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Yea i noticed this as well Canthan mount pack with zero Canthan mounts in it.. genius.. And unless its Asura based mounts i just don't bother sadly..

I'm not that interested in these Canthan mounts.. Not really my thing tbh. Most just look really weird.

Edited by Dante.1508
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1