Strongest Elite spec using only Elite skills?

loxleymoon.9167

Okay this is a weird one, don’t even know if it’s the right forum  and it’s not particularly serious,  I’m just curious what the community thinks. So the whole idea of an ‘elite’ spec, you would think, is that everything is an upgrade from the core class but generally whenever you play one besides the profession  mechanics and mostly the new weapon the ‘meta’ usually only slots in at best one or two of the new skills. Now when I play an elite spec I usually like to lean in heavy into the lore for the role play aspect so I’m curious, out of all 27 of them which elite specs do you think currently perform best using only new skills plus the weapon from that particular spec? Like I said not particularly serious so obviously not talking about raids, fractals, PvP etc let’s just say running round doing meta events etc in the end game open world maps. At the moment it seems Harbinger is the first that I actually feel stronger using only Harbinger skills but curious what others think? ( and yea I know the build isn’t going to be near meta this is just for fun!) 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

36 minutes ago, Ashen.2907 said:

Yeah, rifle mech does reasonably well even with all signets.

I don't get why people keep going on about rifle mech when the mechanist's mace is literally the most busted weapon ever, being both the best power weapon and the best condi weapon across all engineer specs.

Aside from the ones already mentioned, Mirage, Scourge, Tempest and obviously all revenant specs all do really well sloting in all their unique elite spec options.

• Like 2

There's... a lot of them, actually.  Many have already been mentioned, but if I were to make another recommendation, it would be Staff Daredevil.  The physical skills provide a good toolbox of defense, offense, and CC all in one package.  The meta build just runs signets anyway, so going with full physical skills will retain most of your damage while giving you the abilities to handle most situations.  Also, it is pretty cool to beat the crap out of monsters with your bare hands.  

2 hours ago, Endaris.1452 said:

I don't get why people keep going on about rifle mech when the mechanist's mace is literally the most busted weapon ever, being both the best power weapon and the best condi weapon across all engineer specs.

Not really. Both hammer and sword are better power weapons than mace. And pistol is better condi weapon than mace. 

Mace is only good in specific bosses with high attacks per min to trigger confusion as much as possible. And on support builds.

Mechanist is busted yes but mace not. Mace is actually pretty bad. 

2 hours ago, Endaris.1452 said:

Aside from the ones already mentioned, Mirage, Scourge, Tempest and obviously all revenant specs all do really well sloting in all their unique elite spec options.

I am not sure that saying that rifle mech, "does reasonably well," is going on about rifle mech to any significant degree. That said, unless we are talking support, there are better options than mace for engi. 

Edited by Ashen.2907

4 hours ago, Ashen.2907 said:

I am not sure that saying that rifle mech, "does reasonably well," is going on about rifle mech to any significant degree. That said, unless we are talking support, there are better options than mace for engi. 

OP obviously wants to play for lore and thus play each elite spec with its unique weapon, thus mace in the case of mechanist. In that context, bringing up rifle mech feels like just going on about it for no particular reason.

5 hours ago, SeTect.5918 said:

Both hammer and sword are better power weapons than mace. And pistol is better condi weapon than mace. 

Check your numbers. Yes, Hammer is actually a bit better but sword is worse on its own and pistol MH is only better on bosses that attack roughly once in 5 seconds or slower. Regardless, having a weapon being BiS for both damage types on a spec just stinks and deserves being called busted in my opinion.

Edited by Endaris.1452