Hotfix Mechanist

smiiirf.3201

i can only guess he is talking about the new Rifle mechanist builds. They pack a hefty punch in WvW roaming. Alot of builds will simply hit a brickwall when encountering them.

Spamming weakness and projectilehate/reflects is the only way to fight them.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Confused 2

They are very situational like any burst build. If the initial artillery is dodged, they have nothing for 20 secs. Condis will murder them as they have no cleanse, bar sigils and shift signet on 40sec cd.  Cele builds can overload them quickly and the Mech can go walkabout like any bad AI. They are all or nothing, as the Mech needs the precision, ferocity boost and loses any tankiness. Hit the Mech if you're ranged, bring it down and Engie is dead. Willbenders, Harbingers, good Rangers, Thieves and Mesmers are more of a pain IMO.

Edited by Valdel.7325
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, Valdel.7325 said:

They are very situational like any burst build. If the initial artillery is dodged, they have nothing for 20 secs. Condis will murder them as they have no cleanse, bar sigils and shift signet on 40sec cd.  Cele builds can overload them quickly and the Mech can go walkabout like any bad AI. They are all or nothing, as the Mech needs the precision, ferocity boost and loses any tankiness. Hit the Mech if you're ranged, bring it down and Engie is dead. Willbenders, Harbingers, good Rangers, Thieves and Mesmers are more of a pain IMO.

we duell quite alot. And my brother is running a burst mech build, which is gatekeeping almost all of my builds. I will simply get blasted before i can deliver any meaningful damage. However on some of my builds... he has no chance whatsoever.

Its very "rock-paper-scissory" imo.

• Like 1

Why does it need the high prioritization of a hot fix after they already hotfixed Jade Cannons and told us of their plan to address Aim-Assisted Rocket on Aug. 2nd?  The build has counters and it's not like there are zergs being decimated by them.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 7/12/2022 at 9:37 PM, solemn.9608 said:

I got hit for 11k by jade sphere b-something, I forget the skill name. In any case mech is still low effort low skill high reward crap.

pfft! THOSE ARE ROOKIE NUMBERS! 😉... yesterday i was passing by the duelling spot as S/D thief. i was walking on the path in the middle towards a dolly that was coming along. I was minding my business, when all of a sudden the Mech, that was duelling there, used his mortar.... next thing i knew.... i was laying on the floor.

Mortar accidentally hit me for 14700 damage and oneshotted me...... 

They seriously need to look into that 😄    Imagine Rangerpets "ranged-Tailswiping" people for 15k.... cuz thats whats happening with mechanist right now.

Has anyone seen some "Rifle-mechanist" Roaming or pvp gameplay? That thing is stupid! The whole concept of the build is to overwhelm the enemy with dmg... no combos(watch some salty engie main step in and pretend like theres combos or skillfull gameplay involved)... no nothing... just PEW and pray they dont have projectilehate.

Solution: Mobility and Damage down.  Sustain up.  

right now its just braindead pew pew gameplay thats gonna stomp anything thats not having projectilehate and/or Weaknessspam.

The build is gatekeeping alot of other builds... not healthy.... im sorry Engies :C  But anyone playing it will probably agree that its... PRETTY BONKERS right now...

The changes do not necesarrily need to be nerfs. The Damage needs to come down, but in return there needs to be more cleanse / general sustain to prolong the fights.

cuz right now you either:

1) completly stomp the Engie within seconds, cuz you can deal with the ranged pressure via projectilehate/reflects, and they will melt within seconds cuz they have literally 0 sustain.     

or 2) Your gonna get blasted within 3 seconds.

Theres nothing in between.  Outcome is solely dictated by : Can i spam reflects? if the answer is no... your probably toast....      *Happy Tempest noises*

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

cuz right now you either:

1) completly stomp the Engie within seconds, cuz you can deal with the ranged pressure via projectilehate/reflects, and they will melt within seconds cuz they have literally 0 sustain.     

or 2) Your gonna get blasted within 3 seconds.

Theres nothing in between.  Outcome is solely dictated by : Can i spam reflects? if the answer is no... your probably toast....      *Happy Tempest noises*

Even without reflects that still describe pretty much every class on their full power meta builds.

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Even without reflects that still describe pretty much every class on their full power meta builds.

I just kite the mech, especially using line of site. They're also quite easy to "kill". Although my approach tends to be: ignore the mech (keep moving, particularly rotating around) and kill the engineer.

Mech feels like a more extreme version of soulbeast. 

It doesn't spike you nearly as hard, but it has the sustained pressure to keep you on the defensive if you don't do anything about it. 

In exchange, it is paper against any decent condi spec. Especially those running cele. Condi thief is especially difficult for them to deal with unless there are no-ports nearby to abuse. Mobile specs like WB and Bladesworn also give it a hard time, and Sic Em Soulbeasts can out range and out spike them. Tempest is a hard counter to this build. Some mech players are smart enough not to fire haphazardly into magnetic arua, but many neglect to turn off pet aggro and their mech ends up bursting itself.  

Shift Signet is a double-edged sword in this build. It's overloaded to high heavens, but that means that if they use it to chase or run away, they've just burned their stunbreak and their only cleanse (other than Crisis Zone if they take it, but this skill is very unreliable in WvW. You rarely stack with your mech). Any build with good CC or condi that can force them to shift signet early can bully them.

If they use any other mobility to kite like rocket boots or rifle jump. I will take advantage of that to condi bomb their mech. Once the jade mech is dead, they're useless. ESPECIALLY if they run mortar instead of Overcharge signet. 

It has enough weaknesses that I don't think it's hotfix worthy. More than likely, the Aim Assisted rocket nerf in August will tone this down to meme tier. 

It's a very easy build to pilot, but I really haven't struggled against them whenever I fight it. 

I wouldn't rank them in the same tier as cele Harbinger, which does just as much damage with far better sustain and defense. 

Edited by Kuma.1503
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Leolas.6273 said:

The Balance in this game is kitten nowdays.

The balance is pve centered. Except they can't even get that right.

WvW is at the bottom of the canopy, so most of the crap that rains down falls onto it. The previous patch was especially high in fiber, so it's extra bad around this time.

The game as a whole is being sabotaged by the balancing. There is like 0 testing.

Also, I'm not talking about mechanist here; just the state of balance in general.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Sad 1

You ask to hotfix it, but we all well know in anet language that just means they'll buff it again.

Engineers are the lowest played class afterall!

First attract rangers to play it, then peer pressure them to playing scrapper after for wvw raids!

Yup brilliant.

That's anet's balancing master plan, when all classes are evenly played is achieved!

• Haha 1