WvW Roaming videos

Anyone know any good WvW roaming videos out there that doesn't follow this format?

- 1min of their character walking slowly in the beginning followed by 15mins of cherry-picked gameplay with edgy background music with absolutely no commentary

The last roaming video that I enjoyed watching was so outdated: https://youtu.be/4xRhxXZhY6g

I've been trying to get my friends who enjoy pvp into GW2 and there is nothing good to show besides cringe music videos. The same goes for GvG videos lol.

•  
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

idk... i have just uploaded a single video... not cherry picked scenes or something. just 5 mins raw gameplay fighting Vindicator on releaseday ( when it was literally p00ping HP and Barrier like theres no tomorrow.) Crank up the volume.. the second song is a banger!

#Kinda broken , the only OG running ventari back then, sadly they murdered this build :C

other than that... i enjoy solemn videos from time to time... as hes pretty salty towards the wvw balance... and some vallun videos cuz the builds are good... but thats about it.

Edited by Sahne.6950

5 hours ago, kiwituatara.6053 said:

The last roaming video that I enjoyed watching was so outdated: https://youtu.be/4xRhxXZhY6g

That more innocent time when so many in a pretty big group was 2 core rangers.

Anyway, sounds like what you want is more streaming type videos so just check out twitch or something. Most Youtube uploads will be... glorified. Not sure how many does actual commentary in the meantime though, not like WvW is top streaming material.

• Thanks 1

Pretty much twitch stream should provide the commentary you're looking for. If you're looking for play by play commentary of skill use and tactics probably not a lot. Youtube vids are mostly highlights with a lot of them not recording discord. My vids are usually raw continuous play of highlights with whatever music I'm playing, cause gw2 music is pretty boring for wvw/combat. 🤷‍♂️

You could always just turn the sound off the videos and play your own cringe music while watching them instead. 🤭

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/13/2022 at 12:08 PM, Xenesis.6389 said:

Pretty much twitch stream should provide the commentary you're looking for. If you're looking for play by play commentary of skill use and tactics probably not a lot. Youtube vids are mostly highlights with a lot of them not recording discord. My vids are usually raw continuous play of highlights with whatever music I'm playing, cause gw2 music is pretty boring for wvw/combat. 🤷‍♂️

You could always just turn the sound off the videos and play your own cringe music while watching them instead. 🤭

Clearly should be emo music.  

Or you could try 70’s country.  

On 7/13/2022 at 9:37 AM, kiwituatara.6053 said:

Anyone know any good WvW roaming videos out there that doesn't follow this format?

- 1min of their character walking slowly in the beginning followed by 15mins of cherry-picked gameplay with edgy background music with absolutely no commentary

I've been trying to get my friends who enjoy pvp into GW2 and there is nothing good to show besides cringe music videos. The same goes for GvG videos lol.

•  

Try twitch. It's live then. Not quite sure what you expect to see, Koroshi also cherry picked his clips you know...  as did Yishis. Admittedly, their commentary makes their vids worth watching - just like Yama and Illithex do with theirs when they did/do. Is that what you are actually after? Someone describing their gameplay?

If it's just to see accurate representation of gameplay and not "here's where it worked well!", worth remembering - some were that good. Genuinely. They won most fights, even outnumbered.

If it's just to watch people fail (excuse the music), then from timestamp - all in one night, and every engagement was the same. 

So what are you after? Cherry picked edited footage of only someone's success, representation of what the game is really like at times, or perhaps hearing what people are doing and why? It'd help people point you in right direction.

btw dodgey music is because not all of us play with just sound effects. Either music in background, or for me, people talking/chatting and more. The music replaces all that - its either that or silence. Furthermore, it's a private vid. It's not made for anyone else other than me and 1 or 2 others - so criticisms can easily be levelled but none of you are the audience 😄

Edited by Chips.7968
  • Sad 1

Laela Blackbird's last GW2 video

These 3 left 7 years ago because of thief "adjustments". If I recall correctly, 5 might was removed, attacking from stealth got a cd, condi damage on other classes got a huge boost, sword/pistol got "adjusted" to oblivion, longer to generate initiative, cap on stealth, can't recall anything else. Now they just out right took away initiative from specter, FYI thief needs initiative to use weapon skills beyond auto-attacks but anet in all their "wisdom," took it even further. So don't be looking for any thief roaming videos that aren't cherry picked because they cease to exist. 

• Sad 2