The copium is running low.

Puck.3697

It's amazing. That anet has failed to act on a singular complaint, or critism of a proffession in 2 years. The feb 2020 patch did some severe damage to the proffession in pvp content that to this day hasn't been acted upon. 

And now they've destroyed the proffession in the only thing it did offer, banner slave. How do they manage to continously get warrior this wrong. 

Can we finally, see a proper rework done. 

- Not only is every speccs difference basically a slight adjustment to its F1 key.

- bladesworn only feels different because its a spammy gimmick That isn't rly a warrior. Feels more like it belongs to engineer. 

- bladesworn and berserker fill identical roles in pve content. 

- spellbreaker should have gotten the boon build not at core, it's sad that it's still non existent in pve content. 

But we have long term problems concerning traitlines. We have fixed traits that need to become baseline alike fast hands. As we are forced into them even if the rest of the traitline isn't great. 

Bladesworn needs a stow added to the gunblade and a return of weapon swap. 

Can we finally get the changes needed after the resistance split to fix the major issues caused by the fact it was never finished. 

300 second CDs still need reworking as promised. 

Berserker never got resolidified after it's rework it's now terrible in competitive modes. Outside of 1 shot gimmicks in low ratings. 

And before someone says "warriors too simple to be strong" 

The beauty of a overhaul is, you can simply make the specc harder or more flexible to open options up. No ones asking for just flat damage buffs to the current standard. 

People want a proper rework done. 

Edited by Daddy.8125
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

When Anet said "We hear you guys, we're reworking banners!" a little gremlin in the back of my mind said "They're gonna kitten it. They're gonna kitten it, give no explanation, and warrior will be bad in all three game modes at once, finally. They'll make sure bladesworn still works because people will refund EoD, but the rest of it is fair game for collapse, because for some reason or another Anet can no longer facilitate or capture the essence of skillful play through balance, whether that be through bias, incompetence or indifference."

I hate when the mind gremlin is right. And the reason was all three of those at once.

Really nice skiff skin though, design team. You really outdid yourselves on that and the mount skins before. 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

33 minutes ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

When Anet said "We hear you guys, we're reworking banners!" a little gremlin in the back of my mind said "They're gonna kitten it. They're gonna kitten it, give no explanation, and warrior will be bad in all three game modes at once, finally. They'll make sure bladesworn still works because people will refund EoD, but the rest of it is fair game for collapse, because for some reason or another Anet can no longer facilitate or capture the essence of skillful play through balance, whether that be through bias, incompetence or indifference."

I hate when the mind gremlin is right. And the reason was all three of those at once.

Really nice skiff skin though, design team. You really outdid yourselves on that and the mount skins before. 

I have not opened TP in 2 months... How does it look kek. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

I have not opened TP in 2 months... How does it look kek. 

As a warrior main I struggle to load the game up. Let alone the TP 🤣🤣

Maybe I will buy something as a thank you the day I see a patch actually improve the state of warrior. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

Hey, we aren't bannerslaves and banners are more engaging. Two problems players continuously complained about ... solved 😆Be careful what you ask for.

If you "solve" user problems like that, in most SW you will be soon out of users. Just saying.

3 hours ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

When Anet said "We hear you guys, we're reworking banners!" a little gremlin in the back of my mind said "They're gonna kitten it.

Tbh even if they did a great job of it you'd still compete with qcfb for the quickness slot (I read also harb is a strong choice, dunno about that though). I'm surprised you needed a gremlin at the back of your head to predict it.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

Hey, we aren't bannerslaves and banners are more engaging. Two problems players continuously complained about ... solved 😆Be careful what you ask for.

I'm confused how you add this up. 

Are you telling me. Moving a banner from point A to point B is more engaging then participating in the raid fight itself?. 

And you are banner slave. The whole label is there as exactly that. 

You are present in a raid for Banners. 

Your more banner slave then you were. Having to litterally not dps a boss because you need to continously move your banners. Is the definition of banner slave. 

This is a ridiculous statement. 

Players were asking for banners in their current iteration to be pulled OUT the game. Not adjusted. 

We want banners merged into a utility which works alike others. Pulses from the player. Not a movable post. 

You've taken half the players complaint. Taken away the part which conflicts with your statement. And then added on some nonsense to prove a point. 

Moving a banner continously. Is being a banner slave. And no moving a banner is not more engaging then actually participating in the fight. 

Edited by Daddy.8125
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Daddy.8125 said:

I'm confused how you add this up. 

Are you telling me. Moving a banner from point A to point B is more engaging then participating in the raid fight itself?. 

And you are banner slave. The whole label is there as exactly that. 

You are present in a raid for Banners. 

Your more banner slave then you were. Having to litterally not dps a boss because you need to continously move your banners. Is the definition of banner slave. 

It's easy ... players complained for years that they were bannerslaves and banners weren't engaging. The changes Anet made affect those things. I mean, that's being cheeky but I think the point is that players aren't accepting their role here in how the game was changed. You post illustrates it ... you define bannerslave a certain way. Someone else does another. The complaints were vague and ambiguous ... therefore the solution is ... bad because Anet is interpreting those complaints in their way. 

Sure the implementation is horrible this patch ... no denying that ... but the changes were inline with the complaints. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 9

18 minutes ago, Hotride.2187 said:
28 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

If you "solve" user problems like that, in most SW you will be soon out of users. Just saying.

3 hours ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

When Anet said "We hear you guys, we're reworking banners!" a little gremlin in the back of my mind said "They're gonna kitten it.

Tbh even if they did a great job of it you'd still compete with qcfb for the quickness slot (I read also harb is a strong choice, dunno about that though). I'm surprised you needed a gremlin at the back of your head to predict it

Tbh. Yes it needs to compete, but that's fine, my Raids don't even have a firebrand among them because bleeding edge meta only really applies to the top 1% 

We dont need to be the best options. Just a competitive one, and it be accessible in a usable fashion that doesn't require over half our utility bar to put out. 

That's the real problem there. 

Things like firebrand put out quickness using minimal slots increasing hoe much utility it can bring around it. 

If they merged banners into shouts I.e using a shout pulses boons from the player. And then put quickness into berserker vi's its F1 ability. That would have been a perfect implementation that would prove competitive. 

Instead they outright removed our unique buffs made them boons and ineffective applications at best and stacked quickness into them on a outdated designed utility set. 

Edited by Daddy.8125
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Daddy.8125 said:

Tbh. Yes it needs to compete, but that's fine, my Raids don't even have a firebrand among them because bleeding edge meta only really applies to the top 1% 

We dont need to be the best options. Just a competitive one, and it be accessible in a usable fashion that doesn't require over half our utility bar to put out. 

That's the real problem there. 

Things like firebrand put out quickness using minimal slots increasing hoe much utility it can bring around it. 

If they merged banners into shouts I.e using a shout pulses boons from the player. And then put quickness into berserker vi's its F1 ability. That would have been a perfect implementation that would prove competitive. 

Instead they outright removed our unique buffs made them boons and ineffective applications at best and stacked quickness into them on a outdated designed utility set. 

Honestly, they should give up on the quickness on banners and make Martial cadence a trait that grant boon based on the spec played (5s Fury for core, 5s Quickness for berserker, 5s Aegis for SpB, 5s Alacrity for Bladesworn) with a duration that make the warrior able to keep up these boons with this trait alone when at 100% boon duration.

• Haha 1

Why can't banners start out on warriors back? U hit the key and banner apears on ur back and u can move around using ur weapons while it pulses its boon in a large aoe around u. Once on back skill flips to a drop banner at location targeted, simply hit interact key to pick them up to be placed back on the warrior back. Just find a good balance of boon and banner duration. Simple, interactive and intuitive imo. What they implemented was unintuitive and clunky.

Edited by Psycoprophet.8107
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Psycoprophet.8107 said:

Why can't banners start out on warriors back? U hit the key and banner apears on ur back and u can move around using ur weapons while it pulses its boon in a large aoe around u. Once on back skill flips to a drop banner at location targeted, simply hit interact key to pick them up to be placed back on the warrior back. Just find a good balance of boon and banner duration. Simple, interactive and intuitive imo. What they implemented was unintuitive and clunky.

Why would you ever drop the banner?

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Psycoprophet.8107 said:

Just have them permantly on your back tbh 

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

To have the banner continue to provide its aoe boon effect to teamates if u decide to leave the aoe urself, this way u don't always have to follow the team or be in teams location at all times. Imo adds interactivity as well, drop banner on wvw group or zerg and u can still run around killing scraglers  and such while banners are where they need to be. Just one example.

Edited by Psycoprophet.8107

1 hour ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

There's a large swath of functionality they could add that incentivizes dropping banners, from a brief cc to everything in the area (a 1 second daze, perhaps) to converting conditions into boons. As long as there is a counterbalance to prevent spamming dropping/picking up (either through cd increases if you use the extended functionality or not, like how using the last mantra charge used to cause a longer cooldown), I can think of several reasons I'd like to trade a pulsing AOE boon for something immediate. 

Of course: 

Just have them permantly on your back tbh 

That would also work.

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Like 3

I just love that I can no longer recover my Warbanner after using it to stomp or revive someone in PvP, I just have to leave it there and deal with a massive cooldown instead.

And why do banners not have their original skills in PvE? Tactics banner was the standard weapon of choice for full support Warriors because it was the only support weapon they had access to.

Why don't banners just work like Spirits which are much more versatile now?

I don't know, things are just very weird.

Edited by Mariyuuna.6508
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:
1 hour ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

There's a large swath of functionality they could add that incentivizes dropping banners, from a brief cc to everything in the area (a 1 second daze, perhaps) to converting conditions into boons. As long as there is a counterbalance to prevent spamming dropping/picking up (either through cd increases if you use the extended functionality or not, like how using the last mantra charge used to cause a longer cooldown), I can think of several reasons I'd like to trade a pulsing AOE boon for something immediate

True, could add flexibility and choice. 

Though currently I'm just going for the bare minimum in hopes a low effort fix will make it in. 

I'm sure I shall be still disappointed tho 

• Like 1

"Hopium"...what happened to "copium"? You know what? Never mind...

See, THIS is why I don't get on the hope or pessimism train. Considering all the nonsense I see in modern gaming as a paying customer, I don't hope that things will get better or despair that they will get worse, I EXPECT them to get better. That is what I pay for. However, the game industry is lucky that they get away with preying on its customers with garbage like loot boxes, micro-transactions, freakin' cryptocurrency(which needs to be completely eliminated from this world) and to top it off DLC as an excuse to not make a good game. This principle is even more critical in this era of "live services" where you do not own any particular aspect of the product.

I'm just going to cut to the chase. Hope or pessimism lets you off the hook as a customer. It relieves you from responsibility to hold game companies accountable. Also, it relieves you from the reality that they will screw you if they have the chance. They're just like any institution in this hyper-capitalist society that's out for profit.

Now warrior and gw2. I only play the base game and everything up to EoD. (since I paid for those) Also the living world story is one of the only things I find enjoyable these days. I am not buying this expansion with a kitten warrior class and this thing called clunk-sworn. Period. gw2 has pooped the bed on their appalling and amateurish gameplay decisions. I'm sorry...but no matter how beautiful gw2 is, it's nothing without the gameplay. The graphics are the hamburger buns and lettuce, the gameplay is the patty. You BETTER cook that patty right!

Edited by JTGuevara.9018
add
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1