I'd buy it if it weren't for two things:

• The tree leans too much towards the right; it looks like the skiff is going to capsize any moment.
  • The tree has that awful, unnatural bright glow like most of the vegetation that was added with EoD. It looks much better on the artwork image.

I like the skiff per se. Nice design idea, and the sushi is a funny touch.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

2 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:
  • The tree leans too much towards the right; it looks like the skiff is going to capsize any moment.

Completely agree.. looks unbalanced.  Would have liked to have seen the lean out over the boat itself; would be a source of a more natural shade, and thus avoid the inclusion of the umbrella.

1 hour ago, Voyant.1327 said:

Adding in the green cannot be dyed here just for anyone who doesn't see the other post about it. Try to save people from losing gems who this would be an issue for (like me)

Great to know... can you expand; what elements are dyable?  Just the hull?  How about the white foliage on the tree?

I don't invest much on skins, but looking forward to upgrading from the basic skiff... overall this is pretty nice; but not sure if this is the one... I do love the subtle animation of the leaves dropping from the tree!

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Garrison Storm.3046 said:

Completely agree.. looks unbalanced.  Would have liked to have seen the lean out over the boat itself; would be a source of a more natural shade, and thus avoid the inclusion of the umbrella.

Well isn't "unbalanced" Anet's middle name? 😉 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 3

I posted dye details in this thread https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/117984-buyers-remorse-dye-channels-on-items/?do=findComment&comment=1707577

I will add to the feedback here that the tree is the biggest complaint I have, in that it's vision blocking.  Although I can see past it given how zoomed out I play, it's still a big ol' poof of globby stuff blotting out part of my character's surroundings.  I think I would have enjoyed a smaller set of bonsai along the stern, or a small trellis, more than this thing.  At least when it comes to traveling in the skiff, the tree takes up too much visual real estate.

On the other hand, this skiff is more for leisurely hanging around rp'ing than for motoring around, and for that I can swivel my camera to see the deck and the tree then becomes background.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Dante.1508 said:

Where is its engine, and how does it get powered? I mean do the tree roots flick or something

That's been my main complaint about a few of these skiff skins, I really like the animations the first ones had that showed steering and the implied engine/power the skiffs had.  These new ones are pretty, but feel wholly unconnected from the world.

• Like 3

I have bought it because I am a sucker for ancient Japan and the cherry blossom tree instantly caught my eye. I also didn't like the Winged Reverie skin I got out of the BLC since the sails take up too much space so I was looking for a new skiff skin anyway. After spending the day with the new skiff skin I'd say I really, really like it. The falling leaves even change their color depending on the dye you choose for the tree. I agree that the tree leaning towards one side feels very weird but it's not really an issue overall I'd say.

Edited by MajinSoul.4512
  • Like 3

On 7/14/2022 at 6:07 PM, Demonhead.7584 said:

My thoughts too.. I had a similar question for the Winged Reverie Skiff Skin... Your character kind of sits there, not holding a rudder or anything ) :

Technically it has sails..

On 7/14/2022 at 11:09 PM, Gehenna.3625 said:

Asking for realism in a fantasy game...

It's magic of course. /thread

Seriously its a boat.. Boats move along the water.

Edited by Dante.1508
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

On 7/14/2022 at 3:09 PM, Gehenna.3625 said:

Asking for realism in a fantasy game...

Realism isn't the point here but consistency and logic.

The original skiff is powered by jade-tech, as can be seen visually on deck, and it uses a steering lever and a rudder.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Realism isn't the point here but consistency and logic.

The original skiff is powered by jade-tech, as can be seen visually on deck, and it uses a steering lever and a rudder.

And do then all skiffs have to be like that? The Winged Reverie Skiff Skin has lots of sails on it. Seems like that one runs on wind power. The Crescent Canoe Skiff Skin has no propulsion method at all. So I guess that one runs on...magic. The Jade Tech Skiff Skin looks like a speed boat version of the skiff. Yet it doesn't go any faster than the other skiffs. The thing is that apparently skiff can have different propulsion systems.

I think it's just that you want to enforce consistency according to your definition. But in real life, for example, we have cars with combustion engines en now we have electric cars. And longer ago they had horses in front of them. 

How inconsistent! /s

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

6 hours ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

And do then all skiffs have to be like that? The Winged Reverie Skiff Skin has lots of sails on it. Seems like that one runs on wind power.

Have you ever seen any ship that runs on wind power but has no steering wheel? 😄

Sorry, but the original skiff proves that there must be some logic behind a boat, even on Tyria.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Have you ever seen any ship that runs on wind power but has no steering wheel? 😄

Sorry, but the original skiff proves that there must be some logic behind a boat, even on Tyria.

Have you ever seen a pistol that has infinite ammo? Or a bow that makes arrows appear out of thin air? Dragons? Talking creatures?

Oh, but the boats must have realism. 🙄

• Confused 1

14 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

the original skiff is old and crappy. Advances have been made since. I mean we could go on forever with this discussion, but if it bothers you then you're the unlucky one.  /shrug