Unsoloable X years old open world content should be made soloable

Trying to do a collection from Draconis Mons which came out during Living World Season 3, need to kill a champion for it and it's literally not soloable, or at least after dying 4 times trying to kill it, once at 10% because it reset for no apparent reason, I've given up. I should not have to bust my kitten and perform way above what's expected of me because of content that is way overtuned relative to the active players around to do it. 

I don't care if it was originally intended for groups. The original intent is irrelevant and not reflective of the reality today; the zone came out 5 years ago. The collection was designed with this event in mind 5 years ago, when this was literally the deepest zone in the game at the time and probably the most active. Draconis Mons is largely empty now. In none of the 4 deaths did I even see another player in the zone or see chat move. No one responded to me stating the event was up.

Being held back and prevented from progressing a collection that exclusively requires open world content because it can't be done alone is absolutely horrid. This isn't the only instance of this happening to me; where I just had to sit on my hands and do something else because old content wasn't recognized for what it is, outdated and deserted by the community at large. The Roller Beetle collection bounty requirements. Straight up zero people in the zone, or if any were around they were just there for the meta. No one willing to help with that one either.

No strawman arguments of "well some collections require a Mordremoth kill, can you solo that?" because it's not comparable. An obscure event in an outdated, empty zone is not the same as a daily meta run that is straight up required for gen 2 legendary crafting. It doesn't need to be this way, but zero consideration of zone population is made in collection design. If you don't do them literally when they came out, you're going to suffer way more than anyone else, and that's absolutely flawed. 

This is an incredibly easy fix. Just downscale them to veterans when no one is around. 

tldr; old content in dead ancient zones should be easier to do alone

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 19
  • Sad 2

17 minutes ago, Ultramex.1506 said:

did you try doing in on daily rotation?

Edit: so DM is today daily, which campion are you trying to kill?

Apparently yes. 

It was the mushroom king. In addition to being in an area packed with veteran mobs that you can accidentally pull onto you, he resets if you get too close to the edge of the room, has a pull that's hard to dodge because the animation for it is extremely fast (and it hits hard) and throws exploding mobs at you that can't be avoided (you either get hit by them landing on you for big damage, or take damage from the effect underneath you, can't dodge both of them because the attack follow you through a roll). 

Soloing him with melee is pretty much out of the question as it lets the mobs he summons go ham on you and makes you vulnerable to his charge, which is the weakest thing he does if you fight him from range because it's a slow moving window where you can just attack him with no threat of retaliation. 

Even then though, is it really right that old areas are so desolate and quiet that players are told "wait for the daily rotation?" Do people even care that there's a daily there when the rewards for doing them are awful? You get like a flower and some karma. 

Edited by Kori Jenkins.9017
  • Like 4
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

I'm sorry, but the last thing we need to be doing is making open-world even easier than it already is. It seems beneficial at first, but its also why you have players coming into end-game content without a clue as to how to play the game, and then getting upset at others about it.

All champions are soloable, you need a specific build for it--usually a tanky condi build.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 2

7 minutes ago, Kori Jenkins.9017 said:

Even then though, is it really right that old areas are so desolate and quiet that players are told "wait for the daily rotation?" Do people even care that there's a daily there when the rewards for doing them are awful? 

People do daily mainly for map currency and unbound magic for profit and other collections. Bitterfrost Frontier still remain to be popular for its easy stats-selectable trinkets

Edited by Ultramex.1506
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Ultramex.1506 said:

People do daily mainly for map currency and unbound magic for profit and other collections. Bitterfrost Frontier still remain to be popular for its easy stats-selectable trinkets

As far as my knowledge of that goes, a big part of it is because the berries are hilariously easy to farm. I didn't know people ran it for the events as well. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, Mariyuuna.6508 said:

I'm sorry, but the last thing we need to be doing is making open-world even easier than it already is. It seems beneficial at first, but its also why you have players coming into end-game content without a clue as to how to play the game, and then getting upset at others about it.

All champions are soloable, you need a specific build for it--usually a tanky condi build.

Ah the classic "all champs are soloable, just change you build lul" 

Again, this is FIVE year old content. I highly doubt the build is the problem considering the other things I've had to do solo. Are you really trying to suggest that random champions in old zones are prep for high end fractals and raids? 

And simply snapping your fingers and changing your build isn't really possible for most players either. Not everyone is running around with a full set of leg armor, trinkets, and weapons to just suddenly go from a power build to a condi build on a whim to take out a champ mob in an old zone. 

• Like 5
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 2

37 minutes ago, Kori Jenkins.9017 said:

Ah the classic "all champs are soloable, just change you build lul" 

I mean, despite your dismissal of it, it is largely true.

I don't mean to question your own abilities, as it sounds like soloing champs is something you've done before, and you're not personally opposed to tweaking builds and whatnot. It's just that catering to the other extreme (kind of person who doesn't/can't change their build) feels problematic to me. There's already a shockingly low skill floor, and those same low skill players already demonstrate an incredible level of entitlement regarding their inability to actually play this game. No need, as someone else said, to push the easy slider even farther in that direction.

Rather than tone down individual encounters, it appears ANet is taking the other direction - giving more classes faceroll easy builds. I guess that's one way to make everything easier, including your shroom champ. If you can afford to, roll a rifle or flamethrower mechanist, and you can probably just autoattack and circle strafe your way to a win. You can probably win a bit faster by just spamming all your buttons too. You may not even need to kite, as your un-cc-able mech can bodyblock a lot of stuff for you.

Edited by voltaicbore.8012
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

um, out of all examples you chose a very poor one. tons of people are doing DM for the legendary collection each day. I finished it a month ago and I've done all without a slightest problem, and I've also done the hearts with all my alts including the ones I don't normally play without a problem - and I have quite literally 1 of each class. oh, yes, and i did solo a bunch of those champs with the classes I can play.

hint: have you tried simply writing in /map that you need help? usually that is enough

Edited by Jirian.7512
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

Map chat or just open an LFG. You can find people requiring the same bosses most of the time.

If thats not enough, get a solo build together and kill it urself. Champions that couldnt be soloed are extremely rare. Even most Legendaries are soloable with a decent build. 

The game provides you with enough options to complete any event/boss atm. You just need to use it. 

No need to change anything here - especially not in the map mentioned in the opening post. Especially then the map is on daily ... people frequently kill those bosses in such a short time that you need to get there quickly as soon as someone mentions that one of those is up. They are required for some long-term collections (backpack for the Aurora collection) - meaning there'll always be people doing them. (Unless everyone finishes their achievements and no new players join the game.)

Last time I was fishing there ... people even did the legendary bosses and I think the map was not even on daily.

Edit: There is a pretty rare number of events that do not get played a lot anymore - where people might need them for the achievements. (And where the achievement awards only a few AP or a skin - not tooo interesting for most players.) Namely the east meta in Vabbi - where people for the daily chest just get the west meta (forge, easier one - with the hounds of Balthazar).

Edited by Luthan.5236

1 hour ago, Jirian.7512 said:

um, out of all examples you chose a very poor one. tons of people are doing DM for the legendary collection each day. I finished it a month ago and I've done all without a slightest problem, and I've also done the hearts with all my alts including the ones I don't normally play without a problem - and I have quite literally 1 of each class. oh, yes, and i did solo a bunch of those champs with the classes I can play.

hint: have you tried simply writing in /map that you need help? usually that is enough

Did you read the post at all? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

50 minutes ago, soulknight.9620 said:

Map chat or just open an LFG. You can find people requiring the same bosses most of the time.

If thats not enough, get a solo build together and kill it urself. Champions that couldnt be soloed are extremely rare. Even most Legendaries are soloable with a decent build. 

The game provides you with enough options to complete any event/boss atm. You just need to use it. 

Read the post. Enough of the "just change builds" crap. I am not decked out in legendary armor trinkets and weapons to just magically swap builds to kill one mob and leave. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, voltaicbore.8012 said:

I mean, despite your dismissal of it, it is largely true.

I don't mean to question your own abilities, as it sounds like soloing champs is something you've done before, and you're not personally opposed to tweaking builds and whatnot. It's just that catering to the other extreme (kind of person who doesn't/can't change their build) feels problematic to me. There's already a shockingly low skill floor, and those same low skill players already demonstrate an incredible level of entitlement regarding their inability to actually play this game. No need, as someone else said, to push the easy slider even farther in that direction.

Rather than tone down individual encounters, it appears ANet is taking the other direction - giving more classes faceroll easy builds. I guess that's one way to make everything easier, including your shroom champ. If you can afford to, roll a rifle or flamethrower mechanist, and you can probably just autoattack and circle strafe your way to a win. You can probably win a bit faster by just spamming all your buttons too. You may not even need to kite, as your un-cc-able mech can bodyblock a lot of stuff for you.

So not only should I change my build, I should reroll to a new class entirely, a class I certainly don't have the gear for?

• Like 3
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

44 minutes ago, Luthan.5236 said:

No need to change anything here - especially not in the map mentioned in the opening post. Especially then the map is on daily ... people frequently kill those bosses in such a short time that you need to get there quickly as soon as someone mentions that one of those is up. They are required for some long-term collections (backpack for the Aurora collection) - meaning there'll always be people doing them. (Unless everyone finishes their achievements and no new players join the game.)

Last time I was fishing there ... people even did the legendary bosses and I think the map was not even on daily.

Edit: There is a pretty rare number of events that do not get played a lot anymore - where people might need them for the achievements. (And where the achievement awards only a few AP or a skin - not tooo interesting for most players.) Namely the east meta in Vabbi - where people for the daily chest just get the west meta (forge, easier one - with the hounds of Balthazar).

It's not a map boss. Of course people do the zone-wide meta legendary mobs. I'm talking about an obscure champion located in the middle of a spot no one frequents because there's no other objectives there other than him, and he only has value for one collection and nothing else. 

If I sound fed up it's because of the number of responses like this that clearly didn't even bother to read the post, just immediately denying there's any problem. 

• Confused 7
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

If you are in NA, it's not surprising that the map is emptier.  It's the middle of the night. Try during prime time; whichever time that is for the region in which you play. 

Considering I just did a packed Auric Basin it just reinforces my point that this is a totally dead zone compared to others. This one is utterly deserted while AB had to go to overflow. Sure time is a factor, but it's more of a factor on this map, hence why they should change it. 

• Confused 5
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Kori Jenkins.9017 said:

Did you read the post at all? 

Yes. And I also have done this personally a month ago and found it a non-issue. What's more, I've been to DM 3 days ago to finish a fishing collection and there was plenty of people around - so I'm simply finding your words hard to believe, sorry.

So far what we have here is

you: I can't kill a boss!

us: ask for help or sort a proper build, this is perfectly soloable

you: you're all toxic, ANET should just make content faceroll because I can't do it as I stand!

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Kori Jenkins.9017 said:

It's not a map boss. Of course people do the zone-wide meta legendary mobs. I'm talking about an obscure champion located in the middle of a spot no one frequents because there's no other objectives there other than him, and he only has value for one collection and nothing else. 

If I sound fed up it's because of the number of responses like this that clearly didn't even bother to read the post, just immediately denying there's any problem. 

These people read your post.  They just disagree with you.  Not everyone sees things the same.  There is no reason to be angry just because people disagree with you.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Jirian.7512 said:

Yes. And I also have done this personally a month ago and found it a non-issue. What's more, I've been to DM 3 days ago to finish a fishing collection and there was plenty of people around - so I'm simply finding your words hard to believe, sorry.

So far what we have here is

you: I can't kill a boss!

us: ask for help or sort a proper build, this is perfectly soloable

you: you're all toxic, ANET should just make content faceroll because I can't do it as I stand!

I'm finding your words equally hard to believe. If you read the post you wouldn't have suggested asking for help in map chat, which I've done for 3 hours and had no response. 

• Confused 6
  • Sad 1

Just now, DarcShriek.5829 said:

These people read your post.  They just disagree with you.  Not everyone sees things the same.  There is no reason to be angry just because people disagree with you.

They disagree with me because they aren't affected by the issue at all. They did this when it was MUCH easier as there were dozens of people helping them. They have no experience trying to do collections that are half a decade old in zones that are totally deserted. 

I'm not rerolling to a new class. That should NOT be required. This is a post about potentially making outdated content easier to do alone. They literally aren't affected by it in any way if it is or isn't done. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 10
  • Sad 1

Just now, Jirian.7512 said:

yeah, funny how there's 10+ people who say same as I do and 0 who have experienced same as you. But apparently that's only because we're toxic?

Yeah weird how when the content is NEW it's easier because more people need to do it. Again, ignoring the meat of the post. 

• Confused 6
  • Sad 1

Just now, Kori Jenkins.9017 said:

Yeah weird how when the content is NEW it's easier because more people need to do it. Again, ignoring the meat of the post. 

let me get this straight: when exactly was that content new? a month ago or 3 days ago? that's my personal experience, and I'm quite sure if I go there now I will see plenty of people again.

• Like 3