Repairing all walls, gates except SMC

25 minutes ago, Karagee.6830 said:

I have no idea who those 2 were, unlike when we hunted and killed MightyTeapot a couple of times (nothing strange happened). Maybe they were cheaters with a bounty on their head or some other unknown bug. It's a better explanation than anything you have provided, including server desync giving the same amount of xp for 3 people in 3 different time zones (although I'm willing to entertain this discussion if you explain how that could work for 3 players a d be triggered by kills). Also I can't recognise Anet employees, but allegedly they have some tag and none of us noticed anything weird or unusual from those 2, until we killed them.

Cheaters with bountys on their heads is a better explanation than what we provided?!

kthxbye

• Thanks 1

they should not give participation as peopel were abusing it.

(i like how you were bragging about how you hunted teapot which has nothing to do with this topic or our little derail here....and then you pretend like you were trying to talk about walls all along. )

6 minutes ago, Karagee.6830 said:

What was your position on repairing walls again?

Edited by Sahne.6950

On 7/30/2022 at 5:36 PM, Wushuspinner.5689 said:

Please Anet, can you increase the wxp for repairing everything other than SMC? Since you removed the pip regen from credit for repairing people will not be bothered to repair after attacks. I like that you removed the bots standing repairing every 5 minutes to get credit but with that fix you have created another problem.

How about walls repairing automatically every 50 or 60 donkeys? Right now walls will fully repair on upgrading to T2 and T3, but I'm suggesting to disconnect 2 mechanics: the upgrades (cannons, bigger walls, mortars etc) and the walls getting fully repaired.

This would allow also for more tactical gameplay around T3 keeps, because as a consequence they would get periodically repaired 

Edited by Karagee.6830

26 minutes ago, Sahne.6950 said:

(i like how you were bragging about how you hunted teapot which has nothing to do with this topic or our little derail here....and then you pretend like you were trying to talk about walls all along. )

Well, Teapot works hand in hand with the devs and has a partnership with Anet. We knew who he was, went after him and absolutely nothing strange happened. You can understand the difference between that and the other situation I described, can't you? As I said, I can't spot an Anet employee, so that was all I could offer.

they should not give participation as peopel were abusing it.

So how do we encourage people to repair instead of rushing to the next available target? Because the latter is the logical choice xp-wise. In fact, I have no shame in saying that when I'm on my own I even move before an objective is fully capped, unless I need supplies or kill the guards and move on immediately since you get credit anyway. This is the most logical way to play if you want to maximise xp while pulling all the boosters. Repairing gives subpar xp, does not extend killstreak and it's simply a waste of time right now.

Before they removed participation from repairing...it was the same in this respect.

Edited by Karagee.6830

24 minutes ago, Karagee.6830 said:

Well, Teapot works hand in hand with the devs and has a partnership with Anet. We knew who he was, went after him and absolutely nothing strange happened. You can understand the difference between that and the other situation I described, can't you? As I said, I can't spot an Anet employee, so that was all I could offer.

So how do we encourage people to repair instead of rushing to the next available target? Because the latter is the logical choice xp-wise. In fact, I have no shame in saying that when I'm on my own I even move before an objective is fully capped, unless I need supplies or kill the guards and move on immediately since you get credit anyway. This is the most logical way to play if you want to maximise xp while pulling all the boosters. Repairing gives subpar xp, does not extend killstreak and it's simply a waste of time right now.

Before they removed participation from repairing...it was the same in this respect.

if a server cant be bothered to repair their walls..... do they really deserve that objective?

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Thanks 2

if a server cant be bothered to repair their walls..... do they really deserve that objective?

If even one player is repairing is the server not caring? So to discourage 10% from doing a thing we encourage 80% to not do a thing and leave the last 10% to be abused by the system and left with the dull job of repairing because they dislike losing objectives and will take the time to run back and fourth. -1 Here, it was a terribad change same as outnumbered. People thought they had people just idling in EBG and the excuse was that they were AFK repairing to earn the massive rewards that WvW brings. I have not see a reduction in people just squirling around in EBG. Has anyone seen the behavior change in EBG? Instead we now just have more encouragement to attack and less to defend and hold. Same with outnumbered, now even less people will try and slow a force when they are outnumbered, thought is its better to go elsewhere and can come back later. Not good trends if the goal of controlling an objective is to be a focus point of contention to bring a fight together versus when people randomly encounter each other in the open field. The more imbalance in attacking and defending and the more karma-training the game becomes. Your mileage may vary....

• Like 1

Oh my, you guys been busy in this thread since I tried to drop some useful information...

Gais I got instant 5 wxp levels last night I musta killed the anet wvw janitor in that boon blob...

Not really a wonder why I'm a 🤡 most times in these boards. 🤷‍♂️

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, HazyDaisy.4107 said:

If there were a chance at an instant 5 ranks for wall repair, perhaps zergs could be bothered to start doing it again.  Anet should hire some of these forum posters for ideas so we too can give instant 5 ranks upon death.

Ah yeah the old jug of wxp random drop...

On Gandara blobs following a tag are much more likely to repair than small groups of defending roamers. Commanders will ask and people will do it. Also if you have tags, odds are there will be scouts with participation holed up in keeps who can top up and do small repairs.

Edited by Karagee.6830

14 hours ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

Yeah I dunno about that 250 either, 234 would the max with boost going by the 290% maximum.

Max is way more than 290%. Without enrichment, guild potion, food, claim bonus, outnumbered bumper etc: the yellow booster/halloween booster is up to 150% (50% base and 0-100% from killstreak), celebration booster is 100% and special week bonuses are 100%. That's 350% from just 2 boosters during special weeks. In non bonus weeks I think you can also get above 300% but most people will just have just 2 boosters, food, enrichment and guild bonus, so 280% with a 10 killstreak (killstreak can be refreshed by killing anything even random neutral animals).

Even so, a camp is 200 baseline for capping, guards are at least 150 (but sometimes much more) donkeys 0-100. A sentry is 120 and a veteran creature event is 200 baseline as well. So you understand that at 280% if you stay and repair the wall on red/greenlake and miss sentry->camp->harpy thats a 670-770 missed xp (you may make the harpy) which with normal boosters is really 1850-2150 (roughly on top of my head) for a 3 minute work.

You can't beat wxp from capping (either as a roamer or as a ppt train) by killing players or repairing. That just isn't feasible. Maybe as a scourge in an organised blob looking for fights with other large groups, maybe, but I'm very skeptical as the opponents would need to be pretty bad. In bonus weeks capping SM castle will give you more than a rank from guards, lord and capping alone if you pump all xp bonuses.

Edited by Karagee.6830

31 minutes ago, Ashen.2907 said:

Weird, I dont see objectives left damaged. Under most circumstances squads do quick repairs, destroy enemy siege, and then move on after defending an objeftive. Perhaps I am just lucky in terms of play time.

That's my experience of larger groups too. They will usually repair, look for siege and kill it (if the commander is half decent). I typically look for enemy siege myself before opening a tower/keep and either kill while others open walls or kill it after capping, else I go back for it after taking something nearby if I don't want to miss on the xp.

Edited by Karagee.6830
  • Like 1

On 8/4/2022 at 3:37 AM, Karagee.6830 said:

Ah yeah the old jug of wxp random drop...

On Gandara blobs following a tag are much more likely to repair than small groups of defending roamers. Commanders will ask and people will do it. Also if you have tags, odds are there will be scouts with participation holed up in keeps who can top up and do small repairs.

As I said your mileage will vary. See roamers and havocs do more repairs then people following tags on this side. Hence why impact everyone for the potential to address people "abusing" repairing. I admit though outside of people choosing bad times to close walls did not see this action of people waiting to just repair so they could just get WvW loot. I also can't tell what ANet might see from metrics they gather either. But as a stubborn person that doesn't like to give stuff up, change makes repairing a bit more bitter and less fun.