PvP Mesmers Unite?

Are there any left? lol. I play ele, one of my favorite classes and I don't think it was a good representation to have 2 eles on that NA team. I play cata and a selfish tempest build I learned from a fellow ele (with a few changes)  on these threads but not all eles play at that level. Skill floors for both builds are rather high most especially if one Qs solo. 

Now back to the Mesmers.... will there be hope to see it represented in high level competitive play? Pre-xpac I played one to counter eles, rangers and warriors, used to be one of the finest duelist class. 

Till this day, there are people complaining about their hate for Mesmers and how difficult they are to beat - only if they know its history and fall from grace.

Also more love for Engies pls, not mechanist but the other elites, the ones that take skill to play like Holo

Edited by greedywholesome.9081
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, FrownyClown.8402 said:

Mesmer is bullied by dps too easy and lacks team utility. Really waiting on those support buffs they said every profession would get.

It made me a frowny clown too when a former top Mesmer said that the class is a liability in high-end tournaments. I still play it though but prefer ele and engie for now. 

6 hours ago, greedywholesome.9081 said:

selfish tempest build I learned from a fellow ele (with a few changes)  on these threads

❤️

i hope your having as much fun with the build as i am having 😄

mind showing your changes? want to see whats going on.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

The problem mesmer has, is that whenever it's been meta in the past, it's always been a tedious unkillable fun-vampire. Virtuoso is in danger of ending up there again if they continute to lean into buffing its blocks and not its damage.

If they'd make glassy GS specs good, I'd be well up for that, but I could really do without having more staff/sceptre bunkers.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Ragnar.4257 said:

The problem mesmer has, is that whenever it's been meta in the past, it's always been a tedious unkillable fun-vampire. Virtuoso is in danger of ending up there again if they continute to lean into buffing its blocks and not its damage.

If they'd make glassy GS specs good, I'd be well up for that, but I could really do without having more staff/sceptre bunkers.

False, there was core shatter mes meta and condi chrono meta

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

For what it's worth, Rank 55 Dragons ran Chronomancer through most of the recent MAT and Teapot's Master of the Arena tournament this past weekend (see Teapot's YouTube channel for the MAT video).

Not saying the memser is in a good spot or anything, but it looks like it can at least contribute at a high level if in the right hands 🤷‍♂️

• Confused 1

Now every EoD spec had become meta at some point for the short span after release, except for virtuoso🙃

On serious note, the base mesmer just got butchered too hard when chrono/mirage was OP. Then they introduced very heavy trade-off to chrono/mirage but didn't bring back most of the over-nerfed mesmer skills/traits. Moa is one example. The skill get repeated nerfed due synergy with continuum split. Now they reduced its CD to 90s and it is still not even close to being OP.

Edited by Exciton.8942

14 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

❤️

i hope your having as much fun with the build as i am having 😄

mind showing your changes? want to see whats going on.

Hi! I think focus is the best off hand but sometimes I play around with the warhorn. Also, I'd sometimes use the air signet. Been playing with d/d cata as well. Hammer is good and has little counter but I still have a ways to go to even consider Qing with it. Your bruiser build could 1v2 with proper kiting, TBH, unless going against a weaver, I don't think there are enough cleanses if one played as aggressively as you. GJ on theory crafting that one.

I still trying to have fun with mesmer.Im not a meta chaser and since beginning of my Gw 2 life I liked Mesmers .Unfortunately balance decisions of this game made by absolute monkeys.Pvp in this game absolute one of the worst state in any mmo.İts like mobile game tier bad.Because thanks to A-net they designing to classes as expansion sellers so if you wanna be stronger in pvp please buy new expansion and get your bloated new classes.I legit hate virtuoso.What is a mesmer without illusions?PvP in GW 2  makes me hate from this game and after completing my "The ascension" only doing once  for daily.İts so bad.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 8/3/2022 at 8:44 AM, Carnage.6751 said:

Unfortunately balance decisions of this game made by absolute monkeys.

For the same reason, WoW felt down after the WOLTK expansion sets. When all people responsible for blockbusters had gone, Blizzard died.

If I read such posts I feel like coming back to The Elden Ring ONLINE - MMO friendly for single players.

On 8/2/2022 at 3:19 PM, agrippastrilemma.8741 said:

False, there was core shatter mes meta and condi chrono meta

This, before feb 2020 patch we had core shatter mes that had highest one shot potential which we ran in some mATs u also had chaos mirage sidenoder.

whole HoT chrono was hard meta not possible to replace in meta comp.

but i agree the whole tradeoff system is the biggest joke in this game. it was/is used as an excuse to nerf classes rather than to actually balance them. Sadly tho i think even if they reverted chrono tradeoff it still wouldnt be meta, add portal and moa to its og state i think even then it probably wouldnt but not entirely sure

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

I quit playing mesmer because it just feels like utter kitten now. The skills were already pretty clunky on mirage add to that every class having a thousand ways to drop target and they get practically un-usable and feel like they just wont cast.

On top of that after your burst rotations (which in some cases require you to use your only escape as an engage) you are pretty much kittened if the enemy doesnt go down. Every class these days are either too tanky, too mobile or have too much sustain to die to any of the mesmer bursts outside of the odd few times you might get lucky.

I just moved on to playing a different class for my now 1 match a day. Thats just all i can stomach of the game now.

side gripe: mesmer is so kittening slow and on top of that slowness all the classes apply cripple / chill / slow / immob to you...