Hammer need more than just a little buff

trunksam.3497

5 hours ago, Virdo.1540 said:

The aftercasts on some skills needs to be reduced & Hammer 2 needs.... a fix? a rework? Its imo on the edge to being broken

Honestly just Hammer 2, 1 has really mean effects if used with finishers, 3 is a better full counter that can bait people away or forcefully reposition them away if they use targeted gap closers, 4 is partly the reason why 1 is so slow and 5th is good with Quickness which begs to ask if any faster would make it annoyingly fast like how Sword 5 is, plain broken and annoying. In most cases Drop The Hammer should be used as a follow up, it is a 2 second knock on low CD afterall.

11 hours ago, Shao.7236 said:

Honestly just Hammer 2, 1 has really mean effects if used with finishers, 3 is a better full counter that can bait people away or forcefully reposition them away if they use targeted gap closers, 4 is partly the reason why 1 is so slow and 5th is good with Quickness which begs to ask if any faster would make it annoyingly fast like how Sword 5 is, plain broken and annoying. In most cases Drop The Hammer should be used as a follow up, it is a 2 second knock on low CD afterall.

Hammer 4 is broken aswell. It only works as a finisher for projectiles and first mace3 eruption, but other than that the combo field size is basically not available. To that, it only catches projectiles with are on the same axis as the rev. If the other party is a little step above or below, it doesnt do anything. Imo, Hammer 4 should simply be a dome of the mists, like the "lesser dome of the mists" from retribution.

• Thanks 1

It seems like there is some consensus on Hammer 2 being in pretty poor state and I will agree; it's holding back the weapon as a whole.

Fittingly, we have a developer response that we can reference as we keep complaining providing feedback about Rev's Hammer 2; emphasis on bold/underlined:

On 7/8/2022 at 6:50 PM, Josh Davis.7865 said:

Engineer

In Engineer, we've updated skills on their core Rifle weapon to modernize it to more recent gameplay standards and to better support power builds.

One of these standards is that your #2 skill should be damage-positive if possible- something you want to use whenever it is available as a regular part of your gameplay. For this reason, we've switched the location of Blunderbuss and Net Shot, so that Blunderbuss is now on #2, and Net Shot on #3. Blunderbuss has had its cooldown reduced, and now additionally applies Might to the Engineer and nearby allies, making this skill key for regular use in combat.

With the above statement, every weapon 2 should be a RELIABLE, safe, and positive skill action and should potentially be used off cooldown (my capital emphasis on reliable). Rev hammer 2 is none of these things. It almost feels like a punishment for using it because of some glitchy bug that takes you hours to understand how it works or because it takes 2 secs for the last ground animation to hit.

While I have dozens of issues with Rev Hammer as it is (as others have already mentioned like attack speeds, animation locks, etc.), fixing Hammer 2 is a prerequisite before any other changes to Hammer can be made.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

It probably is fair to say that CoR is so problematic that it probably needs to be fixed first, so any changes to the others can be calibrated to that baseline.

Personally, one thing I'd really like to see, if another core weapon is completely off the table, is for hammer to be reworked into more of a hybrid weapon than pure power, so condi builds could have a few more options.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Jaykay.9641 said:

It seems like there is some consensus on Hammer 2 being in pretty poor state and I will agree; it's holding back the weapon as a whole.

Fittingly, we have a developer response that we can reference as we keep complaining providing feedback about Rev's Hammer 2; emphasis on bold/underlined:

With the above statement, every weapon 2 should be a RELIABLE, safe, and positive skill action and should potentially be used off cooldown (my capital emphasis on reliable). Rev hammer 2 is none of these things. It almost feels like a punishment for using it because of some glitchy bug that takes you hours to understand how it works or because it takes 2 secs for the last ground animation to hit.

While I have dozens of issues with Rev Hammer as it is (as others have already mentioned like attack speeds, animation locks, etc.), fixing Hammer 2 is a prerequisite before any other changes to Hammer can be made.

Honestly the first iteration of CoR was just fine I can't believe they messed with it. There was absolutely no need to remove it. It was unique and functional (at least far more functional than the mess it is now). You targeted an enemy, it fired, it did more damage at max range. Instead of just lowering the damage in WvW (ya know, the smart decision, but we know that's antithetical to this company) they completely reworked it and left it as probably the most bugged skill in the game. Honestly the devs should be absolutely ashamed of what they did to CoR. They very literally ruined hammer by poorly changing one skill and making it a completely kitten slow kitten ground target that's bugged to hell and even lmao has no sound. And it's been the case for 3 years this October. It honestly feels intentional at this point.

I will never touch the weapon again until this skill is fixed. And it was my favorite weapon until they completely destroyed it.

Edited by LucianTheAngelic.7054
  • Like 3