Decade Armor

8 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Well, the part most people are complaining about for that map is not the JP, but the druid backpack. Which is something you do only once.

Now, Chalice of Tears... if i'll find out i'll have to do it once again, i will have some strong words to share.

It could be that once it's announced, there will be lots of people trying to do the achievements at the same time and there will be help on the maps to get stuff done.  I really hope so.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Well, the part most people are complaining about for that map is not the JP, but the druid backpack. Which is something you do only once.

Now, Chalice of Tears... if i'll find out i'll have to do it once again, i will have some strong words to share.

29 minutes ago, Kaliwenda.3428 said:

It could be that once it's announced, there will be lots of people trying to do the achievements at the same time and there will be help on the maps to get stuff done.  I really hope so.

I'm currently working on Aurora, and I can report that I've seen mesmers calling out ports up both JPs in the last week. And that's before a brand new achievement bringing even more of the player base back.

I would think, though, because we already have the Return achievements, that the Decade armor would be more focused on core and expansion content.

• Like 1

Just to give my (unwanted?) opinion: 

I would love it to be a legendary set that you get by doing a crazy ton of achievements, like the Returns *10 volume. 

- Replay the whole story, 

- Play each meta event of all games, 

- Go through each JP 

- Maybe even combine it with a gift of exploration of each game? 

And maybe some way to bypass some of the task by accomplishing certain things in WvW or PvP, fractals or raids why not? 

I don't know if it will actually be legendary, but I have the feeling this will be something like that, at least from what they said about it requiring currencies earned through different game modes. 

Anyway, I'm really hyped! 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Gibson.4036 said:

I would think, though, because we already have the Return achievements, that the Decade armor would be more focused on core and expansion content.

Yeah, what it mentions in the blog post is:

When you log in on August 23, you’ll find a new series of achievements waiting for you that will take you on a journey to experience the best of Guild Wars 2: world bosses, Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, Guild Wars 2: End of Dragons, Living World, World vs. World, Player vs. Player, and more.

So I doubt it will be retreading the same maps Return To did. With regards to open world, my interpretation is the idea is for it to specifically cover content that Return To didn't. Return To is very much focused on LW (both replaying its story and doing stuff in the maps), this sounds like it's very much focused on the expansions themselves and will probably do the same style.

Question I wonder is, is the inclusion of WvW and PvP just there to make sure WvW and PvPers aren't left out and they have a path to get the skin/armor/whatever, or will it be something where you need to do all of it to get all of the armor.

I think that is an important question in whether this achievement series is going to annoy a not-insignificant number of players.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

On 8/19/2022 at 7:23 PM, Yoshitsune.8537 said:

I would love it to be a legendary set that you get by doing a crazy ton of achievements, like the Returns *10 volume. 

- Go through each JP 

And maybe some way to bypass some of the task by accomplishing certain things in WvW or PvP, fractals or raids why not? 

I don't know if it will actually be legendary, but I have the feeling this will be something like that, at least from what they said about it requiring currencies earned through different game modes. 

How about no. I don't want any Return to volume X extravaganza anymore. Prismatic Regalia was enough of that for me. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

On 8/20/2022 at 12:23 AM, Yoshitsune.8537 said:

- Go through each JP 

So you want to do all those again, that is twice while new players need to do them only once? No. Just no. Once is already tedious enough. I do have a social life you know? You want GW2 to become a content recycled game? 😲

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

27 minutes ago, MintyMin.2718 said:

So you want to do all those again, that is twice while new players need to do them only once? No. Just no. Once is already tedious enough. I do have a social life you know? You want GW2 to become a content recycled game? 😲

I would love to, and for the new players it would be nice to have something then can work on at the approximate same time as the vets, meaning there will be players actually doing the events and activity needed. 

I started 2 years ago, and when I went for the Requiem armor quests, it was really hard to find people for the Group Events needed for the collection. 

For the part about "I already did it, new players have to do it only once, it's unfair", I would say well, if you don't want to replay content you should just move on to the next game once you have done everything once. 

Should it be fractal, strikes, meta or even raid, the point is always to do it several times to obtain something, so why not some story chapters too? 

• Confused 3

1 hour ago, Yoshitsune.8537 said:

I would love to, and for the new players it would be nice to have something then can work on at the approximate same time as the vets, meaning there will be players actually doing the events and activity needed. 

I started 2 years ago, and when I went for the Requiem armor quests, it was really hard to find people for the Group Events needed for the collection. 

For the part about "I already did it, new players have to do it only once, it's unfair", I would say well, if you don't want to replay content you should just move on to the next game once you have done everything once. 

Should it be fractal, strikes, meta or even raid, the point is always to do it several times to obtain something, so why not some story chapters too? 

There are difference. Those you mentioned last are all more rewarding than any story chapter. Ofc ppl want to repeat them. Rewards in story chapters are really bad in general, you don't want to do them more than once. 😄

• Like 2

On 8/16/2022 at 2:14 PM, Busty Bombsalot.4570 said:

We really should get a free set of Legendary armor for all of our toons that are 10 yo. Not something you have to go out and work for. We already did ten years of work. Give something back to the players that have made this game great.

I think that maybe EXOTIC, ACCOUNT BOUND GEAR SET THAT CAN CHANGE STAT TYPES, but no Legendary level... that would be too much...

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

On 8/18/2022 at 2:11 PM, mindcircus.1506 said:

This would be sound logic if:
-There had been no meta prior to the introduction of the legendary armoury
-There had been no balance patches prior to the introduction of the legendary armoury
-Everyone playing the meta were unemployed.
-Everyone was required to play the meta
Unfortunately reality interferes with your tired rhetoric

Do you, in your heart of hearts, beleive that world bosses on farm, represent the same accomplishment as raid kills?
That Fire Elemental is as representative of a player's skill as Sabetha?

The Meta determines, generally if you're accepted into endgame content. I.E. if you want Legendary you BETTER be playing Meta builds/gear. Like, duh.

The Meta changes, frequently of late, and generally faster than a casual player can acquire/re-gear to adjust.

So yes, my "tired rhetoric" aside (hint: it isn't) unless you're willing to play Berserker/Scholar EVERYWHERE, you're unlikely to get into Raid groups which is of course the current quickest path to Legendary and stat selectable armor. And do you, in your heart of hearts believe that Berserker/Scholar works in every game mode?

This gearing path essentially hamstrings people with limited time, again, MOST players, and is not conducive to a new influx of players on a new platform. Good luck keeping the interest of incoming players who find out they need three different gearsets per character, one for WvW, one for Fractals and one for Raids, and that if they want in to any of the endgame content without being kicked they better have this in advance.

Your argument is the same malarkey the 99% hears from the 1% who try to protect their 1337 awesomesauce. The end conclusion is that it's healthier for the game's longevity to make it more accessible to the majority, rather than "protecting" the fragile egos of the people who can play 8+ hours per day. No, Fire Elemental isn't the same as Sabetha. Again, duh. But the game survives and thrives longer if drop the elitist stuff and realize that making gearing easier via stat switching means more people keeping the game alive for longer.

Or you can have like, 10 people circle "congratulating" themselves on how awesome they are in game who then come to the forums to complain about how dead the game is.

• Like 2
  • Confused 7

18 hours ago, Kaleban.9834 said:

The Meta determines, generally if you're accepted into endgame content. I.E. if you want Legendary you BETTER be playing Meta builds/gear. Like, duh.

That's simply wrong. You don't need to play meta to play in that content -and it's not just some theoretical "you don't need to numerically", you just don't need to play meta builds to get groups and succeed with them.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, vesica tempestas.1563 said:

I got practically nothing for 10 years in game, am i missing something?

-a revive orb

-a token for heavy armor when 1) i'm light armor and 2) i already have the gear and look I want

- a couple weapon skins when i already have legendries. 

Sounds like you got your rewards for the gameplay before and now you get additional skins on top of it by default. I don't know what some people here expected.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Sounds like you got your rewards for the gameplay before and now you get additional skins on top of it by default. I don't know what some people here expected.

i love GW2 and have got epic gameplay out of it, my puzzlement was that the rewards are very tunnel visioned on skins.  many many player who have played for 10 years will be in the same boat i would suspect. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

1 minute ago, vesica tempestas.1563 said:

i love GW2 and have got epic gameplay out of it, my puzzlement was that the rewards are very tunnel visioned on skins.  many many player who have played for 10 years will be in the same boat i would suspect. 

...and what did you expect that should somehow trample 10 years of gameplay of rewards including legendary gear? Counting on some insanely valuable rewards simply because someone made an account and then came back 10 years later just seems misguided to me.

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

I have thousands of hours played and invested hundreds £ in the game not including expansions,  so Not sure why so aggressive lol I'm a big supported of the game.  Last year iI got an awesome gift with the birthday cake so yeah a toy or something along those lines is win.  This year i got a revive orb and a couple useless skins, no other choice.  I don't begrudge anyone else what they were happy with, what i'm saying is if you are happy with the skins you have then you got a revive orb..

Edited by vesica tempestas.1563
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

12 minutes ago, vesica tempestas.1563 said:

I have thousands of hours played and invested hundreds £ in the game not including expansions,  so Not sure why so aggressive lol I'm a big supported of the game. 

I don't see what's supposed to be "aggressive" in my post :classic_blink: 

Last year iI got an awesome gift with the birthday cake so yeah a toy or something along those lines is win.  This year i got a revive orb and a couple useless skins, no other choice.  I don't begrudge anyone else what they were happy with, what i'm saying is if you are happy with the skins you have then you got a revive orb..

If I'm happy with the skins then I have skins and everything included in the birthday pack:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Tenth_Birthday_Gift

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Decade_Anniversary_Achievement_Box

How is this supposed to be "just a revive orb"?

Thanks for responding with the example of what you wanted, but can't it be easly said the same about it too? "It's just a useless toy, what if I don't like what it does, then I got nothing!". Pretty sure it can. The thing is it can be said about almost anything.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2