Whelp, the Tenth Anniversary/Birthday Gift is here.

I got my gift, yay! Chose Limesicle dye cuz of course I got Bubblegum last year. 😄
The Decade weapons are nicely made but I don't like the pinkish colour. Was hoping for a more pure red or orange-fire red hue.
Also disappointed the Decade Warhorn doesn't have a unique sound! Come on!!! You missed an opportunity there, Anet.

• Like 12

1 hour ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

That's the once per account reward though right, wheres the actual birthday present? I Mean the dye's used to be in the present itself, still not sure why on the ninth they changed that to be with the achievement. 

So, they managed to give us less then ninth too, not even a novelty cake, haha 

• Like 3
  • Confused 3

56 minutes ago, ShadowCatz.8437 said:

Is this something that every character that will reach 10 years age will get even after this years Anniversary have ended? My oldest character is still 7 year since it was born in the Dream.

It's 2 skin choices per year >10, not per character - so this weapon set will be the birthday gift for the next 7 years - then again the Luminous Set isn't complete yet for 2 more years either.

One thing to keep in mind though is that they added endlessly pickable Material Bags to these as selection (including the Dye pack), so this might be it in terms of Birthdays. 

35 minutes ago, Gorem.8104 said:

That's the once per account reward though right, wheres the actual birthday present? I Mean the dye's used to be in the present itself, still not sure why on the ninth they changed that to be with the achievement. 

The per character Gift includes a Proof of Legend + the usual Birthday Boosters, bit of Karma and 2 Black Lion Statuettes.

Edited by Asum.4960
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

9 minutes ago, Asum.4960 said:

It's 2 skin choices per year >10, not per character. 

The per character Gift includes a Proof of Legend + the usual Birthday Boosters, bit of Karma and 2 Black Lion Statuettes.

Yeah so, still heavily nerfed actual present for when the rest of your account characters hit 9/10 Bring back the dye kit being in the present! 
I love how in the eighth we got a unique enrichment and an ascended necklace plus every character hitting 8 gets the dye kit. 10th shoulda been a free unique legendary with its own special effect on combat. Its been a decade of gw2 after all 🙂

• Like 8
  • Confused 6

1 hour ago, Gorem.8104 said:

Yeah so, still heavily nerfed actual present for when the rest of your account characters hit 9/10 Bring back the dye kit being in the present! 
I love how in the eighth we got a unique enrichment and an ascended necklace plus every character hitting 8 gets the dye kit. 10th shoulda been a free unique legendary with its own special effect on combat. Its been a decade of gw2 after all 🙂

I suppose the deeper we get into Birthdays, the harder it is for Anet to justify adding something really cool and unique to the gifts - which fewer and fewer active players will ever reach. 

It's a bit disappointing, especially on the per character front - and for 10 at least I had small hopes for some stand out (although a free and especially unique Legendary is pushing it quite a bit - and to be fair, the weapons skins are cool, even if not my cup of tea).

So I guess the weapons skins per account per year is going to be it for the game's runtime (and once the current Dye and Weapon Packs run out it's just getting some Crafting material bags). Is what it is.

Edited by Asum.4960
  • Like 7
  • Confused 2

53 minutes ago, Tarusto.2941 said:

Well now there is zero excitement to wait few more days to get the gift... 10 year anniversary and nothing special or unique is just wasted opportunity, baffles me yet again 🙃

except we don't know what we get for the proofs of legends yet, since the vendors probably won't be in the game till after the patch.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, ShadowCatz.8437 said:

Is this something that every character that will reach 10 years age will get even after this years Anniversary have ended? My oldest character is still 7 year since it was born in the Dream.

Yes, when your character turns 10 years, it will receive this gift. So 3 more years 🙂

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

46 minutes ago, Gorem.8104 said:

You get the account reward when the account is 10 years old. You may have deleted a character or not checked a character. I had 8 characters on day one and I got five of the rewards so far.

17 minutes ago, Vayne.8563 said:

except we don't know what we get for the proofs of legends yet, since the vendors probably won't be in the game till after the patch.

Oh interesting, when I was looking didn't realise it was the GW1 wiki, so this is actually a new thing for gw2. Interesting. Fingers crossed something good, as we get this one in the present itself 

• Confused 2

3 minutes ago, IsabelDawn.8950 said:

Unpopular opinion: Birthday gifts shouldnt be too epic. Wouldnt want newer players to feel disadvantaged simply for not playing as long.

Absolutely, the birthday gifts should be nice small things, no legendary or anything like that. Some have unrealistic expectations 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 6

46 minutes ago, IsabelDawn.8950 said:

Unpopular opinion: Birthday gifts shouldnt be too epic. Wouldnt want newer players to feel disadvantaged simply for not playing as long.

How is promoting longevity and veterans at the same time a bad thing? Feel disadvantaged because they have something to look forward to that they are guaranteed to get if they stick around for long enough? You comment makes no sense. Everyone can get this, just need to stick around or make a character and come back to mass rewards should you ever quit. 

The best part about coming back after six years was I could stay permanently under the birthday booster buff. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 9

49 minutes ago, IsabelDawn.8950 said:

Or, they could be unique and nice and serve as incentive to carry on for those who haven't played as long. But, I agree, they don't need to go overboard. They're fine as they are right now.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

54 minutes ago, ilMasa.2546 said:

There you go,fixed.

Why's it stupid? If you've been playing Grind Wars 2 for 10 years and can't figure out how to get a legendary, you're doing it wrong.

I honestly see you throwing back gifts at your parents because it's the wrong colour.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 7

I'm not surprised some people aren't happy with the 10th gift, because I can't remember a single one that didn't get complaints. Add in the people expecting absurd things like free legendaries and it was always going to be a disappointment. Personally I liked the cake gun for the 2nd(?) birthday, but it seemed like I was the only one. I remember the dye packs getting a lot of complaints from people who already had all the available dyes, calling it 'a slap in the face' or literally junk and saying it was an insult to assume they didn't already have them, so I'm not surprised those are gone.

I suspect it might also be that they don't want too much stuff locked behind waiting for years. If you've been playing for 10 years it's unlikely you're only here for the gifts, and it would be pretty disheartening for a new player to see something they really like and be told they have to wait a decade to get it.

I'm not that hyped up about it, but since I'm working from home today I think I will log in at lunch time to pick it up. (I'm always a few hours behind the first people getting gifts, because I didn't want to get up early on my day off to be online when the servers opened 😄)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Darkobra.6439 said:

Why's it stupid? If you've been playing Grind Wars 2 for 10 years and can't figure out how to get a legendary, you're doing it wrong.

I honestly see you throwing back gifts at your parents because it's the wrong colour.

Where did i say any of this? 
Bruh you are inventing the next living world chapter right here and  at the same time getting upset to the plot u just created. lol?

Before typing: inhale and exhale.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 13

4 minutes ago, ilMasa.2546 said:

Where did i say any of this? 
Bruh you are inventing the next living world chapter right here and  at the same time getting upset to the plot u just created. lol?

Before typing: inhale and exhale.

So answer the question instead of deflecting and making snide edits. Why is it stupid?

You're like a politician. You're speaking but you're saying nothing.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 6