Decade of the Dragons achievement

Alik.9651

11 hours ago, Gibson.4036 said:

I agree that ten PvP matches isn’t a big ask.

I also, however, find it hilarious that it seems reasonable that playing a video game should sometimes feel like a small child feels choking down their Brussels sprouts.

A better metaphor is if you had a sibling. Your parents gave you 90% attention and only 10% to your sibling, yet you still complain you don't get 100% attention from your parents.

• Like 6
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Labjax.2465 said:

Why do I even bother.

It's not worth the time. The point has now been made.

Arena Net can choose to listen to people who make up less than 1% of the playerbase and immediately resort to a strawman when someone questions why spvp needs to be shoehorned into so much content or they can take a long hard look at their game, the playerbase and make an informed decision about what is best for Guild Wars 2, the people who play it and the future of that partnership.

It's an easy answer in my mind. They've given it a good 10 years but continuously over-representing pvp in your updates and content and continuously putting rewards, skins and styles that require pvp play to earn... is a mistake. There has been no player growth. The spvp scene has only shrunk. It has been 10 years. It is time to move on. It is only alienating the pve playebase.

7 minutes ago, Shena Fu.5792 said:

A better metaphor is if you had a sibling. Your parents gave you 90% attention and only 10% to your sibling, yet you still complain you don't get 100% attention from your parents.

No the metaphor is I pay 99% of the rent and you get 5% of the space and are demanding to know why you don't get 50%.

Another way to put it - you're a freeloading teenager whining about how your parents "never let you do anything" when really you mean they don't buy you a car, they don't pay for the tickets to the concert, etc...

Edited by Leger.3724
  • Like 2
  • Confused 8

2 minutes ago, Leger.3724 said:

It's not worth the time. The point has now been made.

Arena Net can choose to listen to people who make up less than 1% of the playerbase

As already pointed out in this post https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/120168-decade-of-the-dragons-achievement/page/7/#comment-1744846 :

Yes, it does omit harder content since in those cases it would indeed be the case of "l2p to get the reward" instead of being accessible to newer players as well. Notice how pretty much none of the anniversary achievements require you to do anything substantial in order to complete it. Show up at world boss, press 1 (literally or figuratively), finish the achievement. Show up at events in an area, tag stuff, get achievements. Show up at wvw, tag events, get achievements. Show up at pvp, do whatever you want, win or lose, nobody cares, get the achievements. What's the problem here exactly? Harder content not included, so I should be able to keep pressing 1 at world boss and get the reward I want while ignoring the point of the event? You are free to ignore the event, but then you're also free to not get the reward, which really isn't hard to get in the first place.

No, pvp achievement isn't "included because loud minority told anet to include it", oof. 🤦‍♂️

2 minutes ago, Leger.3724 said:

and immediately resort to a strawman when someone questions why spvp needs to be shoehorned into so much content

Nothing there was a strawman, but it sure is convenient for you to label whatever you dislike as such.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, Leger.3724 said:

Funny how this was not even responded to your post, but you suddenly try to ignore what I wrote, because of some post 20 (didn't count 🤷‍♂️) messages earlier 😄

Not only that, but that's still not a strawman. Read what he wrote. Fearmongering about players leaving because he wants a cape without participating in 10 pvp games. That's what it was and still is.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

we get it. PVP caused you PTSD. in that case go find a psychologist.

10 minutes ago, Leger.3724 said:

No the metaphor is I pay 99% of the rent and you get 5% of the space and are demanding to know why you don't get 50%.

lmao talking about strawmans. when did PVPers demand 50%?

99% of the rent? so you spent millions $$ on this game? sad.

"OMG 2 in 20 events are non PVE! Anet is so disrespectful to us!" is a hollow threat. Objectively Anet did nothing wrong. Their only miscalculation may be neglecting how frail, entitled, and traumatized some players may feel about certain game modes.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Shena Fu.5792 said:

we get it. PVP caused you PTSD. in that case go find a psychologist.

I enjoy pvp. I enjoy competition. That's why I moved from Guild Wars 1 to League of Legends and not Guild Wars 1 to Guild Wars 2.

I wanted to compete against a large number of players to see how good I was. I didn't want to have the game developer feeding me players who were new or well below my skill level in order to make me feel good about myself but there are certainly people out there like that. Those frail, entitled and traumatized players.

Edited by Leger.3724
  • Like 1
  • Confused 4

9 minutes ago, Leger.3724 said:

I didn't want to have the game developer feeding me players who were new or well below my skill level in order to make me feel good about myself but there are certainly people out there like that. Those frail, entitled and traumatized players.

And that completely made up claim you're writing about people you don't know is... not a strawman, right? 😄 

Players wanting to "compare themselves with others in pvp" play ranked. New players can't even access ranked matches. So much for that bold take.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Shena Fu.5792 said:

If you're going to do an analogy like that, it's more like everyone got 0 attention from the parents and were told to go play with their existing toys to keep them occupied and they'd get a treat after as long as they play with enough of their toys, even the ones their sibling likes and they don't. Like you realize this didn't even add new content, they just made up some arbitrary rules for how you get a treat for doing stuff you may already be doing and some stuff you may not be doing. Attention would imply they actually made something new specifically targeted at one group or another.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

9 hours ago, Shena Fu.5792 said:

More like if you had a sibling, and suddenly got told neither of you will get attention from parents unless for a day each of you will pretend to be the other sibling.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

1 minute ago, TexZero.7910 said:

Don't have the desire to deal with a dead game mode.

Unranked queue times during what should be primetime NA on a weekend should never average 10minutes. That's what i faced. No thanks.

Weird, I played some matches last weekend prime time on EU and never waited longer than 2 minutes. Right now a lot of players are doing the ten matches for the achievement. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Just now, yoni.7015 said:

Weird, I played some matches last weekend prime time on EU and never waited longer than 2 minutes. Right now a lot of players are doing the ten matches for the achievement. 

What can i say, different experiences occur. I just don't care to waste over an hour and a half twittling my thumbs reading lobby chat while hoping for the match to actually launch.

• Confused 5

Just now, TexZero.7910 said:

What can i say, different experiences occur. I just don't care to waste over an hour and a half twittling my thumbs reading lobby chat while hoping for the match to actually launch.

Then don’t do it, very simple, you don’t have to do PvP if you don’t want to. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

5 minutes ago, TexZero.7910 said:

No duh ?

That's literally the conclusion i said in the first post you quoted.

Why would anyone in their right mind want to deal with a dead game mode.

I like the cape and wanted to have it so I played the ten matches, was actually fun and didn’t take long. 

Edited by yoni.7015
  • Like 5

8 minutes ago, TexZero.7910 said:

No duh ?

That's literally the conclusion i said in the first post you quoted.

Why would anyone in their right mind want to deal with a dead game mode.

You're free to make your own choices, but the mode is still far from dead 🤷‍♂️

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

Its only complete 10 matches, its actually fun. I got stomped a bit but im  not mad , people need to not take things so personal. I know thats why people dont like pvp they get upset when another player kills them, but it aint real. There are plenty of people that can stomp me thats fine im not a skilled pvper, but  im still giggling while playing, and if i do get a kill im like ecstatic. 

5 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

You know you can do it from anywere right you dont have to stand in lobby.

Still doesn't change wasting time waiting.

If i wanted to play the hurry up and wait game i'd go cook instead. At least then i'm getting food in return instead of just salt.

• Like 2
  • Confused 4

6 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

You're free to make your own choices, but the mode is still far from dead 🤷‍♂️

10 minute queue times during Primetime NA on a weekend while an event that encourages people to actively engage in it beg to differ.

You're free to come to you're own conclusion but if that's your idea of an healthy and active PvP scene then you need to go play other games and get a more holistic view of what healthy queue times should be.

• Like 3
  • Confused 3

17 minutes ago, TexZero.7910 said:

10 minute queue times during Primetime NA on a weekend while an event that encourages people to actively engage in it beg to differ.

You're free to come to you're own conclusion but if that's your idea of an healthy and active PvP scene then you need to go play other games and get a more holistic view of what healthy queue times should be.

Right. Feel free to make up any "prime time weekend" numbers you need to push whatever opinion you want to keep holding. If you feel being in a queue while you can do whatever else you want to do in the game is a waste of time then I wonder how what you're doing here (which apparently is just.. informing others you don't want to do it and then repeatedly saying "ded mode!"?  -and absolutely correct me if that's not what you're doing here) isn't the same or worse.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1