Your love

Zbysier.3425

27 minutes ago, Kaladel.1670 said:

The awesome posts about warriors are almost convincing me to dust of my old Warr and come back from the nice parking it is sitting on. Maybe 2-30 more and... (what, I enjoy reading them 😆)

In all seriousness, I fell for core engineer while I was leveling one to see what the appeal of mechanist was. I still have more fond memories of core than I have of mech and sincerely hope Anet doesn't nerf a very interesting profession in the process of bringing mech down.

yep, same for me - I am trying now Guardian, but something still pulling me towards warrior :)

Warrior was the second class I made and has been the one I have played consistently for 10 years. At a time warrior brought me much Joy and I designed my warrior to be tanky with cleansing shouts long before they became ammo. I was a damage sponge for my allies and would take the brunt of the damage for my allies. A Warrior that tried to be a false guardian in a sense without the boon mvo jumbo. That weapons I enjoyed the most in competitive were Hammer along with mace and shield. My build was not meant to defeat players but to.keep.them at bay. As the years have come.to.pass the class I once enjoyed playing lost everything that was enjoyable about it. Hammer lost its touch forceless swings like a limp noodle even when designed to hit hard with ferocity power and precision. Leaping off of walls and sending foes flying in your wake. Being a titan on the battlefield being able to charge head first into outnumbered forces without being deterred. The armor warrior once had now tattered and held with ducttape. Now but a ghost in a shriveled shell.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, prototypedragon.1406 said:

Warrior was the second class I made and has been the one I have played consistently for 10 years. At a time warrior brought me much Joy and I designed my warrior to be tanky with cleansing shouts long before they became ammo. I was a damage sponge for my allies and would take the brunt of the damage for my allies. A Warrior that tried to be a false guardian in a sense without the boon mvo jumbo. That weapons I enjoyed the most in competitive were Hammer along with mace and shield. My build was not meant to defeat players but to.keep.them at bay. As the years have come.to.pass the class I once enjoyed playing lost everything that was enjoyable about it. Hammer lost its touch forceless swings like a limp noodle even when designed to hit hard with ferocity power and precision. Leaping off of walls and sending foes flying in your wake. Being a titan on the battlefield being able to charge head first into outnumbered forces without being deterred. The armor warrior once had now tattered and held with ducttape. Now but a ghost in a shriveled shell.

do you still play it or have you moved to other class?

In the beginning it was Engineer. I saw so many players using a bleed/burn flamethrower and I wanted that power. By the time I leveled an Engi to 80, it had been nerfed so I went Necromancer. I've had mine for 7 years and through the nerfs and completely stupid ideas on behalf of Anet, I'm done with it.

• Sad 1

Just 100% warrior since i love its cleane gameplay that you could do on it in pvp. Core and Berserker (the old Berserker version) are my Favorites then comes spellbraker and far faaaaar away bladesworn. Tho now gimme a heal e-spec and ill never play something Else anymore xD

• Like 1

On 9/3/2022 at 7:25 PM, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

Warr. 

Current status quo forced me to convert to anything with more mobility. 

Despite that, the game is barely fun anymore so I always return for that warrior itch till I get my kitten handed. 

so what are you playing now?

Right now, I'm loving my Holosmith. Corona Burst is my favorite skill in the game at the moment, and when combined with Prismatic Singularity (AoE pull), Hard Light Arena, and Laser Disk, it's just everything I want out of a class. I'm dealing a lot of AoE dmg to anything that comes near me. It's also decently tanky with barriers from Corona Burst and Blast Shield passive, HLA...

I would love to create a similar build for a different class, but I haven't really found any other classes that come close to this. Warrior just lacks that AoE for me. 

Edit: Scrapper was a good spec as well, but I got tired of it eventually. I really dislike the core Engi and the Mechanist though, so I can't say I'm overall fan of the profession, I'm just the fan of those 2 especs.

Edited by Diktator.8927

Mesmer, core and chrono, mirage was my top but butchered in wvw. Pretty unique class for mmo's which are usually littered with warrior cleric thieves ranger mages type classes.

Close second is necro, core and scourge.

Close third is scrapper, so much tools to use, and dragonhunter, good dps and tools to use.

• Like 1

Necro. Best traitline design of all professions I play. Take any traitline into any build and 95% it'll fit.
Also the theme on so many levels (dark green, undead, master of fear, battlemage playstyle, punishing enemy boons).
Only regret is that he does not have a good support spec (scourge is overshadowed by EoD specs) and harb is very limited in his support capability.

• Like 1

Engineer.  Fits my personality and playstyle pretty well, I went scrapper back when i first started and had a lot of fun with it but I was super hyped about mechanist when it was first announced, and I've gone from a charr scrapper to asura mechanist as my main, the class theme fits perfectly and really helps develop an attachment to my character.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Despite me maining Engineer for ~6 years now, my first character was a norn Ranger. 9 years ago, when I started playing, I was fascinated by the fact, that they can throw axes, and the greatsword and sword has animal themed abilities. I always loved the sound of warhorn 5, and I'll never forget learning what to dodge in PvP, using my own, tanky, dodgespammer build.

Whenever I feel like I just want to have some light fun, I often hop on my Ranger, and pummel enemies into the ground with Funtamed, or just do some group activities with Druid.

• Like 1