A few observations about engineers.

SoulGuardian.6203

Let me start first with Mechanists.

Some say they are overpowered.

That's debatable. 

What I do want to point out is that, even core engie has a lot more going on than mechs.

Mechs lost their F skills in exchange for 3 attacks. 

If your mech gets KOed, you've got nothing to replace it.

Scrappers and Holos got to keep F skills.

Please, at least add F4 and F5 back.

--- 

Holosmith 

How many times I've been back and forth with this class.

My currently... weaver has been holo and back to weaver about 5 times already.

This character will never reach the age of one because of it.

My issues are, and let me put this in the nicest, most considerate, and well mannered way possible; textures are just very low quality. You get to look like a beehive.

The Heat mode is a good concept, but the mix and match of skills while in this mode just makes no sense to me.

We should get to keep our weapon, but just increase power.

The mix of sword, hammer, pistols, and whatever else was decided to be put in there... looks like a desperate mad being throwing everything at you but the kitchen sink.

There isn't anything coherent about this.

The Utility Skills are very low res and quality. 

They look like something that belongs into the arcade event that happens every year in Rata Sum.

The only decent US are the shell protection.

They should last longer by the way. 

Also the Elite skill is pretty cool.

Please change heat mode.

Remove those silly weapons. Let us keep our current held weapons.

Here are somw ideas for this you want to seriously consider.

Heat effects:

0-20%

Increase your power by #%

21-50%

Inflict burning, and vulnerability 

51-80%

Increase power and condition damage by #%

81-100%

Vorpal critical chance becomes active.

You have 5% chance to inflict a Vorpal shot/attack. which can down an enemy with one hit.

This effect would make a sound similar to elixir gun but intensified, to feel the impact of the vorpal shot.

Next, improve the quality of visuals in utility skills.

The arena and the rotating blade are silly with all honesty.

Please change holo arena altogether. 

There are a million other ideas that would work out much better and be fit and up to par with the rest of GW2 ES.

Why not just make other protections against spells or conditions?

"Create a shield around you that makes you invulnerable to spells for # seconds."

Make them phisical abilities. 

The character could kick with a backwards spin.

Give them holographic robots.

Summon holographic robots that protect you or attack foes. 

Just some quick ideas from the top of my head.

Conclusion. 

I am considering making this character an Holosmith... again; because it suits it better that weaver.

But then I remember the reasons I keep starting this character again and again; back and fowards. 

Because of The reasons I just mentioned above.

Thanks for your time and consideration. 

• Confused 5

27 minutes ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

This is literally suggesting making core worthless by deleting the only advantage it has over elites.

But it does fit Anets way of thinking when it comes to balance I guess.

Of course it's ANets way of thinking.

They're a company running a business that needs to make profits. 

They want people to buy Xpacs to have access to better content.

Isn't that what business do!?

Core specs are never  Supposed to have advantages. They're Core.

13 minutes ago, Wolfshade.9251 said:

That feeling when you forget that scrapper exists 😖

Clearly you don't WVW....

---

Anyway adding back F4+F5 to Mech is a terrible idea. The last thing mechanist needs is more buffs, it needs a traitline revision such that the mech isn't doing ~40% of the damage. Maybe if the mech isn't out the traitlines ought to actually do something: only J-Drive has this design consideation. Imagine if you afk on necro or ranger and the pets do more than a third of your  benchmark damage. Rifle mech is supposedly doing 29K autoing with mech autocast attacks which is roughly three quarters of the full DPS. I fully expect big boomer to be reverted in October due to power mech and hopefully holosmith gets Solar Focusing Lens and/or Laser's Edge (less likely) improvement to offset this.

• Confused 2

On 9/7/2022 at 2:09 PM, SoulGuardian.6203 said:

Holosmith 

My issues are, and let me put this in the nicest, most considerate, and well mannered way possible; textures are just very low quality. You get to look like a beehive.

Maybe its your graphic settings? They are fine compared to other skills.

The Heat mode is a good concept, but the mix and match of skills while in this mode just makes no sense to me.

We should get to keep our weapon, but just increase power.

The mix of sword, hammer, pistols, and whatever else was decided to be put in there... looks like a desperate mad being throwing everything at you but the kitchen sink.

There isn't anything coherent about this.

There is. You just do not understand the entire concept. The concept is holo forge. Forging a holographic weapon for every situation. 5 different weapons would be the theme. We can get 3 which is fine too.

The Utility Skills are very low res and quality. 

They look like something that belongs into the arcade event that happens every year in Rata Sum.

The only decent US are the shell protection.

They should last longer by the way. 

Also the Elite skill is pretty cool.

Pvp player? Because in pve the shell protection is by far the most useless. Well hardlight arena is or was good in pvp too so im not sure about this.

Laser disk is a very good utility in pve.

Please change heat mode.

Remove those silly weapons. Let us keep our current held weapons.

Here are somw ideas for this you want to seriously consider.

Heat effects:

0-20%

Increase your power by #%

21-50%

Inflict burning, and vulnerability 

51-80%

Increase power and condition damage by #%

81-100%

Vorpal critical chance becomes active.

You have 5% chance to inflict a Vorpal shot/attack. which can down an enemy with one hit.

This effect would make a sound similar to elixir gun but intensified, to feel the impact of the vorpal shot.

How about no? Why would you want passive garbage effects over new skills? That sounds boring. That would result in just using auto attacks + some grenade skills. Just as boring as mechanist. Are you a rifle mech enjoyer?

Next, improve the quality of visuals in utility skills.

The arena and the rotating blade are silly with all honesty.

Please change holo arena altogether. 

There are a million other ideas that would work out much better and be fit and up to par with the rest of GW2 ES.

For example? There are a lot of boring skills but holo's are fine. Vindicator has barely any new animations for example. Lets fix that one first. Catalyst has barely any good animations aswell.

Why not just make other protections against spells or conditions?

"Create a shield around you that makes you invulnerable to spells for # seconds."

Would be kinda op on a 30sec cd. I would prefer actice defense over damage reduction too but that would most likely break it in pvp.

Make them phisical abilities. 

The character could kick with a backwards spin.

Pls no animation locks or forced movement.

Give them holographic robots.

Summon holographic robots that protect you or attack foes. 

NO STUPID MINIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just some quick ideas from the top of my head.

Conclusion. 

I am considering making this character an Holosmith... again; because it suits it better that weaver.

But then I remember the reasons I keep starting this character again and again; back and fowards. 

Because of The reasons I just mentioned above.

Thanks for your time and consideration. 

Conclusion: Just play rifle mech. Try holo again once you learned the combat system or just stick to rifle mech.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, Noah Salazar.5430 said:

i see scrapper offten in fractals/raids atm after buff to 36k 

i also play qheal scrap

I play scrapper all the time in raids (pdps quick, cdps quick, pdps, dhuum kite, hqscrap). I was joking about OP not mentioning any scrapper "improvements", instead focusing on mech and holo, despite labelling the thread as being about "engineers". Mb, didn't come across clearly enough in my writing.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Wolfshade.9251 said:

I play scrapper all the time in raids (pdps quick, cdps quick, pdps, dhuum kite, hqscrap). I was joking about OP not mentioning any scrapper "improvements", instead focusing on mech and holo, despite labelling the thread as being about "engineers". Mb, didn't come across clearly enough in my writing.

Exactly.

I was going to mention scrapper, but why mess something up that does not need fixing?

Leave scrapper alone.

The other two however.

Mech needs something to replace the robot when it gets "kod"

It feels bare without the mech.

And the Holosmith is just a walking circus.

I don't care how much they defend holo. 

I'm talking about the visuals.

It's a circus. It's a clown.

It's an unfinished product.

Looks like the Holo has been looking through all the neighbours rubbish bins and gathered everything ot could find to use as a weapon on that heat mode.

It should have been called trash bin mode.

Just needs a banana peel to throw at you in the end when his backside is cooking.

Heat mode.

Could fry bacon an egg in there.

Come on dude. This ES is a joke and they know it.

• Confused 4

2 hours ago, SoulGuardian.6203 said:

I'm talking about the visuals.

It's a circus. It's a clown.

It's an unfinished product.

Looks like the player has been looking through all the neighbours rubbish bins and gathered everything ot could find to use.

It should have been called trash bin mode.

With a couple of simple changes this is an excellent statement on infusions - well done!

Edited by Duglaive.5236
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Duglaive.5236 said:

With a couple of simple changes this is an excellent statement on infusions - well done!

😂

All I have to do is buy a 1 gold, blue or yellow shadder infusion from TP for my Guardian and I'm in constanst heat mode... without cooking my behind to smithereens. 

😅 

Bacon and egg anyone?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, DarcShriek.5829 said:

I've recently begun playing mechanist in open world PvE.  Faceroll easy doesn't describe my experience.  AFk easy is probably a better way to describe it.  The jade mech  has destroyed the mobs before I even get involved.  It's overpowered.

But that's what I mean.

IT... might be, but on bigger challenges, against chanpions or WvW, you'll notice a big difference. 

It's health pool isn't that great. 

When you do lose it for that period of time while it recharges, you gain nothing.

Holo and Scraps kept their F skills.

Scrap didn't came with an F5 when first released.

ANet decided to add one... eventually. 

The same might happen here.

They might reduce mechs power.

Give it a little more health, maybe?

Put the F skills back in.

21 minutes ago, SoulGuardian.6203 said:

But that's what I mean.

IT... might be, but on bigger challenges, against chanpions or WvW, you'll notice a big difference. 

It's health pool isn't that great. 

It has 48k hp...

21 minutes ago, SoulGuardian.6203 said:

When you do lose it for that period of time while it recharges, you gain nothing.

Holo and Scraps kept their F skills.

Scrap didn't came with an F5 when first released.

ANet decided to add one... eventually. 

The same might happen here.

They might reduce mechs power.

Give it a little more health, maybe?

Put the F skills back in.

The mech has 50k hp and 2.2k toughness. Most champions do not have enough dps to kill it before you kill the champ. And they focus the mech so you can full dps the entire time. You can revive it once.

Are you seriously asking for more mech buffs? for real?

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Nephalem.8921 said:

It has 48k hp...

The mech has 50k hp and 2.2k toughness. Most champions do not have enough dps to kill it before you kill the champ. And they focus the mech so you can full dps the entire time. You can revive it once.

Are you seriously asking for more mech buffs? for real?

This is false information and you know it.

Ill meet you ingame and you are going to show me solo fight a champion of my choice and do everything you just said.

Right now.

Walk the walk.

Prove it.

• Thanks 1

Doesn't even need to be a champion actually ...

Go fight the elite Speaker Sunderer at the hero point in the SE corner of the New Kaineng City zone. For added entertainment, make it so this is played in the highly criticized AFK mode of play; I mean it's just an elite, right? No need for player input once the fight begins. Heck, the mob will even start the fight for you. 

And that mob isn't the only non-champ capable of the results you'll get.

Oh, and for the 48-50k hp claim: my DPS build using 'zerker with a few Marauder pieces makes for a Jade Mech with just shy of 31K ... and 2.1K toughness. Of course, I think that character "only" has a level 7 core equipped :classic_rolleyes:

Does the Jade Mech need tuning? Of course it does. Hell, that thing and the entire Mechanist trait line need reworking. But making up kitten only looks like you'll make up "facts" to prove a point.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, Duglaive.5236 said:

Doesn't even need to be a champion actually ...

Go fight the elite Speaker Sunderer at the hero point in the SE corner of the New Kaineng City zone. For added entertainment, make it so this is played in the highly criticized AFK mode of play; I mean it's just an elite, right? No need for player input once the fight begins. Heck, the mob will even start the fight for you. 

And that mob isn't the only non-champ capable of the results you'll get.

Oh, and for the 48-50k hp claim: my DPS build using 'zerker with a few Marauder pieces makes for a Jade Mech with just shy of 31K ... and 2.1K toughness. Of course, I think that character "only" has a level 7 core equipped :classic_rolleyes:

Does the Jade Mech need tuning? Of course it does. Hell, that thing and the entire Mechanist trait line need reworking. But making up kitten only looks like you'll make up "facts" to prove a point.

You mean that elite that protects the thing? Are you seriously saying you cant kill it? Just tried it. I DID NOT EVEN ATTACK MYSELF. Mech solo while a was afk out of pull range. Attacking into perma prot and died with 31k hp left on golem. Tried again, this time attacking myself and bursted it within 10sec. What exactly is supposed to be hard here?

https://imgur.com/a/V6fCWqY

There. Mech stats with full berserker. Who is making up facts here to save the afk exploit?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Nephalem.8921 said:

You mean that elite that protects the thing? Are you seriously saying you cant kill it? Just tried it. I DID NOT EVEN ATTACK MYSELF. Mech solo while a was afk out of pull range. Attacking into perma prot and died with 31k hp left on golem. Tried again, this time attacking myself and bursted it within 10sec. What exactly is supposed to be hard here?

https://imgur.com/a/V6fCWqY

There. Mech stats with full berserker. Who is making up facts here to save the afk exploit?

Of course it can be killed, and in about the time you say. While it was admittedly some time ago, due to wife aggro I went afk upon dismounting at the hero point. I was quite dead upon my return; my mech sure as hell hadn't soloed it while I was gone.

AS to your imgur link, you are correct and I stand corrected. Not sure what I was looking at, but was obviously wrong. My apologies.

As to defending Mechanist, did you even see the sentence prior to my now apologized for mistake? I just am not a fan of elite & elite wanna-bes jumping all over players for playing a class that - obviously foolishly - Anet  created, implemented, and has supported. The outcry over Mechanist has been loud, long, and at times, very hyperbolic. We all know it's going to be changed; just hope it's not as long as the various forms of Firebrand sat on their pedestals.