Increase spawn rate of Veteran Creature or remove WvW Daily

Bias.4306

20 hours ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

Why replace when you could just add it to the list...

Because I think Anet would try to keep the same amount of daily options with the WvW & PVP possibilities. IIRC both PvP and WvW have 4 daily options available so you can always complete the daily within the game mode. Adding new to PvP is more difficult than adding to WvW, although you could sneak in a specific daily map to PvP.

26 minutes ago, Gorani.7205 said:

Because I think Anet would try to keep the same amount of daily options with the WvW & PVP possibilities. IIRC both PvP and WvW have 4 daily options available so you can always complete the daily within the game mode. Adding new to PvP is more difficult than adding to WvW, although you could sneak in a specific daily map to PvP.

I am not sure he was suggesting adding a 5th daily.  Just that adding another option to the rotation would be helpful.  

So still have 4 WvW options each day, just add a couple to the potential ones that pop.

1 hour ago, Gorani.7205 said:

What Strider said. I'm not suggesting to add another achievement to complete on the daily complete list.

Why replace an existing daily for another? (which btw 2 ranks is easy to do).

Makes no sense to delete dailies from the big list when it's already short enough as it is compared to pve.

We need more daily options to rotate.

In fact we could use weekly ones that reset with matches too, much like the old tournament achievements.

Edited by Xenesis.6389
  • Like 1

Nothing wrong with expanding the list of Vets that the daily applies too. Reducing spawn rate, go round and round there. What makes Victory Worm a thing is the random draw that it pops up when you are on the way by to another target. Not sure I would want to see the Vets seen as something to be farmed or botted.

13 minutes ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Nothing wrong with expanding the list of Vets that the daily applies too. Reducing spawn rate, go round and round there. What makes Victory Worm a thing is the random draw that it pops up when you are on the way by to another target. Not sure I would want to see the Vets seen as something to be farmed or botted.

Farmed or botted for what?

10 minutes ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

And that couldn't be adjusted?

Absolutely.  I wouldn’t have a bit of issue with that.  

But I think the concern is, by having it pop more frequently and be in more areas, some of our less ‘active players’ would just utilize that to keep their participation up,  if the participation given wasn’t removed or adjusted.

Vet Spider in desert at the blue spawn cones to mind.

Edited by Strider Pj.2193

On 9/9/2022 at 2:01 PM, Bias.4306 said:

We're tired of this non-WvW centric daily. PvE killing a veteran creature on a 15 minute timer is not a good daily. Replace it with something else WvW centric like all the other dailies.

Yeah! Let's have Quaggan Killer or Orb Handler! Worker Helper! Upgrade Payer!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

Farmed or botted for what?

lol, I have stopped trying to understand the various farmers over the years. Picture someone figures out that by leaving a bot in that far NE corner that no one goes to they came afk their way thru Leggo armor by farming the vet for WvW and pip gain all day long while they are off doing something else. Seen weirder farming spots in PvE but ....

17 hours ago, DtenCfour.3567 said:

I killed two vet creatures on GBL and no credit, I had to traverse all the way over to the Vet Wurm to get credit, been this way for YEARS, FIX IT!   Thanks

I very much doubt that claim.

If you do minor damage no the Water camp Harpy, the west of South camp Warg and the north of Bay Wurm, you will contribute to the event that triggers on those veteran creatures, even if someone else kills it and you e.g. moved away from the creature because an enemy player also tries to kill the veteran.
In this case the event works fine and as intended for years. Participation to Defender events on the other hand is very random, that's a claim I could get behind, too.  

On 9/14/2022 at 9:24 PM, Strider Pj.2193 said:

Participation time.  It’s worth 5 minutes. 

On 9/14/2022 at 9:25 PM, Xenesis.6389 said:

And that couldn't be adjusted?

I think participation time of 5 min should no be reduced, because that is a good buffer to move to the next location with another 5 min or 10 minutes (e.g. camps).

The fact that bloodlust monuments are such a "dead place" is because you can hardly sustain your participation by capping and holding them. That's why you don't see a struggle about who has bloodlust on the map. I don't think they should provide longer participation either. It is a very desolate map mechanic I don't have a clue how to fix it (and Anet doesn't as well).

1 hour ago, Gorani.7205 said:

I think participation time of 5 min should no be reduced, because that is a good buffer to move to the next location with another 5 min or 10 minutes (e.g. camps).

The fact that bloodlust monuments are such a "dead place" is because you can hardly sustain your participation by capping and holding them. That's why you don't see a struggle about who has bloodlust on the map. I don't think they should provide longer participation either. It is a very desolate map mechanic I don't have a clue how to fix it (and Anet doesn't as well).

You miss my point.  If ALL of the vet creatures give it, and the spawn times are reduced, then they DEFINATELY should reduce the participation given.

On 9/16/2022 at 11:25 PM, Gorani.7205 said:

I very much doubt that claim.

If you do minor damage no the Water camp Harpy, the west of South camp Warg and the north of Bay Wurm, you will contribute to the event that triggers on those veteran creatures, even if someone else kills it and you e.g. moved away from the creature because an enemy player also tries to kill the veteran.
In this case the event works fine and as intended for years. Participation to Defender events on the other hand is very random, that's a claim I could get behind, too.  

Omg your so full of it.   L2P!  W R O N G