Pure OW PvE idea for legendary armor

Solvar.7953

1 minute ago, RadiantWolf.2058 said:

I think part of the longing for open world pve legendary armor is that it's a fun aesthetic reward. Gliders and mount skins are all shop only, legendary weapons and armor tend to be linked to pvp and raiding.

Open world folks just run out of things to keep searching for.  So making their own shiny outfits would at least be something.

And armor skins dont make them do this already like the decade armor skin for example?

• Like 4

that is one (1) armor skin. People in open world need more than that.

But everyone spams me with confused emotes and salt when I go there.

If people don't want open world players to get legendaries can they at least get mount and glider skins? I mean honestly.

I don't think the only way to aesthetically progress a character should be raiding or WvW.

• Like 3
  • Confused 6

5 minutes ago, RadiantWolf.2058 said:

that is one (1) armor skin. People in open world need more than that.

If people don't want open world players to get legendaries can they at least get mount and glider skins? I mean honestly.

I don't think the only way to aesthetically progress a character should be raiding or WvW.

What are you even saying here? There's more skins and achievements bound to pve than there is to other modes. 🤨

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

28 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Nothing odd about players understanding what "optional long term goals" are, so that's how they treat them instead of baiting easier/faster rewards on a forum instead.

What's odd to me though is constantly alternating between "understanding it's not needed and that experimenting with builds can be easly done with exotics" and still repeating "but it's to have more builds!" / "long term goal needs to be actual legendary or it's lame".

Okay I'm just going to stop responding to your posts that say "easier/faster", when you've been repeatedly told that isn't what is being asked for.  I'm not sure if you're trolling, or genuinely aren't reading what is being said, but it is not worth my time.

• Like 5
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

And armor skins dont make them do this already like the decade armor skin for example?

I'm actually in it for the stat selection/ascended on alts and alt builds, but the decade armour set is a really good example of what isn't being asked for.  It wasn't an aspirational long term goal at all.  Way too easy, way too quick.

I believe a lot of PvE players complained about that when it came out, which sort of throws the whole "easier/faster" narrative out the window.

• Like 3
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

I like the idea, but it cannot be easy.

I would say tokens to get an ascended precursor, then the other 3 elements as you see in the other options.

They could also tie an achievement to it, like you see in Raids, the Envoy Achievement. Make an achievement that you have to complete (in open world) that then unlocks the ability to obtain these tokens from world bosses and/or champions.

The biggest issue I see with people that do not play a lot, or do not have enough time: It is not the time spend to clear a raid, it is the time lost to get a group together. Hard Open World content you can instantly jump in to, Raid content not so much, you need 10 man, you need compositions, so even with a static group... you need to be able to play at the same time as 9 others 

Personally I do not need this option to obtain armor, but I do see the arguments from people with less time to spend in the game. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

11 minutes ago, RadiantWolf.2058 said:

😁 The Emoji trolls are afoot. Don't let them distract you. You'll always get a Confused emoji if you support the idea regardless of what you say. And those that do not support will automatically get a Like emoji. Probably someone going to the trouble of logging on all their alt accounts to spam them.

• Like 2
  • Confused 4

15 minutes ago, RadiantWolf.2058 said:

I think part of the longing for open world pve legendary armor is that it's a fun aesthetic reward. Gliders and mount skins are all shop only, legendary weapons and armor tend to be linked to pvp and raiding.

Open world folks just run out of things to keep searching for.  So making their own shiny outfits would at least be something.

why do people always seem to forget that open world is the most lucrative way to play/farm gold? 

bear in mind that OW has no gear requirements, so realistically you spend barely 1-2g to gear a character for running around doing WBs. 

The gold per hour you get doing metas (which again, you can do in green gear for all anyone cares) is significantly higher than any other part of the game. 

You're saying that all mount and glider skins are gem store only (3 glider skins are from pvp/wvw/fractals), therefore farming gold in metas and converting to gems is the quickest way to earn these wardrobe rewards.

note that wvw, pvp and raids have a much lower gold per hour and 0 mount skins (unless you're counting the guild warclaw which is still 200g) so there is no disadvantage to playing OW content if that's what you're after.

there are hundreds of wardrobe options, and only a small handful which are limited to raids/wvw/pvp so trying to base your argument on being limited in options is a bit pointless. If you can screenshot your entire wardrobe and show that you've unlocked every single skin available to an openworld player, then I could believe you XD

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Tuna Bandit.3786 said:

I like the idea, but it cannot be easy.

I would say tokens to get an ascended precursor, then the other 3 elements as you see in the other options.

They could also tie an achievement to it, like you see in Raids, the Envoy Achievement. Make an achievement that you have to complete (in open world) that then unlocks the ability to obtain these tokens from world bosses and/or champions.

The biggest issue I see with people that do not play a lot, or do not have enough time: It is not the time spend to clear a raid, it is the time lost to get a group together. Hard Open World content you can instantly jump in to, Raid content not so much, you need 10 man, you need compositions, so even with a static group... you need to be able to play at the same time as 9 others 

Personally I do not need this option to obtain armor, but I do see the arguments from people with less time to spend in the game. 

I don't think any open worlders would want their legendary armor to be "easy". With open world content part of the fun is chipping away at multiple long term goals, of which there aren't enough meaningful ones. The journey is more important than the destination but there needs to be a destination. (Yes, I know, it is the best gold farm but I don't consider soulless grinding  to get gem store items that are disconnected from the game content.)

Honestly, though, I think GW2 sort of has a problem with prestige items in general. There isn't much you can get and flex with.

Like I have also said that the folks pushing the game's hardest challenge modes should get unique mount skins and I stand by that.

Edited by RadiantWolf.2058
  • Like 1
  • Confused 5

6 minutes ago, disco.9302 said:

why do people always seem to forget that open world is the most lucrative way to play/farm gold? 

bear in mind that OW has no gear requirements, so realistically you spend barely 1-2g to gear a character for running around doing WBs. 

The gold per hour you get doing metas (which again, you can do in green gear for all anyone cares) is significantly higher than any other part of the game. 

You're saying that all mount and glider skins are gem store only (3 glider skins are from pvp/wvw/fractals), therefore farming gold in metas and converting to gems is the quickest way to earn these wardrobe rewards.

note that wvw, pvp and raids have a much lower gold per hour and 0 mount skins (unless you're counting the guild warclaw which is still 200g) so there is no disadvantage to playing OW content if that's what you're after.

there are hundreds of wardrobe options, and only a small handful which are limited to raids/wvw/pvp so trying to base your argument on being limited in options is a bit pointless. If you can screenshot your entire wardrobe and show that you've unlocked every single skin available to an openworld player, then I could believe you XD

That's only the case if you do the most lucrative metas/events/farms, otherwise the amount of gold you get is not that high, I'm pretty sure you'd get more gold from PvP than from completing events on a core Tyria map.

Edit: I find all the confused reactions funny. If you have a counter-argument, give me one. Oh wait, you don't have one, that's why you're spamming reactions instead, you're just proving they're right. Whoever is using alts to spam confused emojis should really do something better with their life.

Edited by Caliboom.3218
  • Like 1
  • Confused 8

22 minutes ago, RadiantWolf.2058 said:

It's mostly about having end goals to shoot for, it feels like open world doesn't get too many. And those end goals would be visuals, since this is a visual progression game.

Open achievement tab and start going at it, including armor skin for AP.

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

16 minutes ago, Caliboom.3218 said:

That's only the case if you do the most lucrative metas/events/farms, otherwise the amount of gold you get is not that high, I'm pretty sure you'd get more gold from PvP than from completing events on a core Tyria map.

Edit: I find all the confused reactions funny. If you have a counter-argument, give me one. Oh wait, you don't have one, that's why you're spamming reactions instead, you're just proving they're right. Whoever is using alts to spam confused emojis should really do something better with their life.

Why should people take time to write a counter-argument that you then politely side step with blinders on and keep going with your selective truth?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 6
  • Confused 1

37 minutes ago, CrashTestAuto.9108 said:

Okay I'm just going to stop responding to your posts that say "easier/faster", when you've been repeatedly told that isn't what is being asked for.  I'm not sure if you're trolling, or genuinely aren't reading what is being said, but it is not worth my time.

That's what the point is for many in threads like this. But if you want less of a general response, then sure:

Nothing odd about players understanding what "optional long term goals" are, so that's how they treat them instead of baiting easier/faster rewards or simply "wanting more rewards for what they already play anyways, while claiming it's to increase population in those areas" on a forum instead.

What's odd to me though is constantly alternating between "understanding it's not needed and that experimenting with builds can be easly done with exotics" and still repeating "but it's to have more builds!" / "long term goal needs to be actual legendary or it's lame".

34 minutes ago, CrashTestAuto.9108 said:

I believe a lot of PvE players complained about that when it came out, which sort of throws the whole "easier/faster" narrative out the window.

Yeah, that one is just "give me more for what I'm already doing anyways", while simultanously trying to claim it's directed at "increasing participation" when it targets what those players are already replaying anyways.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 2

7 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

That's what the point is for many in threads like this. But if you want less of a general response, then sure:

Nothing odd about players understanding what "optional long term goals" are, so that's how they treat them instead of baiting easier/faster rewards or simply "wanting more rewards for what they already play anyways, while claiming it's to increase population in those areas" on a forum instead.

Yeah, that one is just "give me more for what I'm already doing anyways", while simultanously trying to claim it's directed at "increasing participation" when it targets what those players are already replaying anyways.

People who main WvW/PvP already get legendary armor for playing what they already do, so that argument is kind of not really valid. And, like I mentioned before, there are some metas that are always dead, for example, literally every PoF meta that isn't Pinata. Those could be brought back to life.

Edited by Caliboom.3218
  • Like 2
  • Confused 6

Just now, Caliboom.3218 said:

People who main WvW/PvP already get legendary armor for playing what they already do, so that argument is kind of not really valid. And, like I mentioned before, there are some metas that are always dead, for example, literally every PoF meta that isn't Pinata. Those could be brought back to life.

They dont get weapons or earrings tho but open world pve get those for playing what they already do so it balance itself out nicely.

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, Caliboom.3218 said:

It kind of is because it's about playing more of the content. Most rewards those players will want from pve will make them go to pve maps. All of them started in ow as well and then decided to play more of the game. The strawman about "people maining mode" does nothing here, since many don't somehow stop playing everything else.

Not every pof meta is dead. You might think so because you don't bother playing them?

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

They dont get weapons or earrings tho but open world pve get those for playing what they already do so it balance itself out nicely.

Legendary weapons can be brought and even though you don't have earrings, you have Conflux and Transcendence. Besides, it's not really Anet's fault, in what way would they add legendary accessories to WvW and PvP that don't involve objectives and materials that already exist for the two legendaries I just mentioned? It's kinda impossible unless more content is added to these gamemodes.

Edited by Caliboom.3218
  • Like 1
  • Confused 4

4 minutes ago, Caliboom.3218 said:

Legendary weapons can be brought and even though you don't have earrings, you have Conflux and Transcendence. Besides, it's not really Anet's fault, in what way would they add legendary accessories to WvW and PvP that don't involve objectives and materials that already exist for the two legendaries I just mentioned? It's kinda impossible unless more content is added to these gamemodes.

Yes it can be bought by wealthy pve players.

Have you see how wvw and spvp is rewarded?

Edit

Well they just have to do some collection and just the same materials right?

I mean thats how they added warclaw.

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

Any player are free to go for the wvw, spvp or pve legendary armor, weapons or trinkets at any trime.

Noone is denying anyone anything, do the content get the reward.

Weird, because i see quite a number of players denying OW the right to own its own legendary armor set. Because, apparently, OW is "not worthy"enough for that. If that is not an entitlement, i don't know what is.

• Like 2
  • Confused 5

5 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Weird, because i see quite a number of players denying OW the right to own its own legendary armor set. Because, apparently, OW is "not worthy"enough for that. If that is not an entitlement, i don't know what is.

It's when someone doesn't want to play more of the content the game provides but instead keeps complaning on the forum that said rewards should be brought to whatever they're already doing anyways. Hope that explains it. Nobody is "denying" anything to anyone.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 4
  • Confused 3

A large part of this games success has been creating a niche beyond the early mmo scheme where players rushed to the ‘end game’ and raid logged until the universe cooled. Its been a huge breath of fresh air, but stilled marred by this need for a portion of the player base to be given content that allows them to stretch their talents to the max, evident to all by mastery of content available only to the bleeding edge.

I really enjoyed the hard core game years ago, though the experience was always tainted by this sort that not only needed a challenge, but also insisted that others must fail this challenge, or their effort are cheapened. This group is always there, often great fun to play with, ingenious in their passion.

I wish they could grow past this need to restrict rewards to a standard that cannot be met by most of the player base. I wish it was enough to take pride in playing difficult content on a difficult class well, without needing lessers to be lesser.

MMOs man. 😪

Edited by Hashberry.4510
  • Like 3
  • Confused 5

I personally would love an Open World way to earn Legendary armor. I don't have a schedule that's conducive to raiding and I play mostly solo at this point (my friend group having moved on to other things most of the time).
I would want the armor for the incredible QoL improvement that it is in game. For stat changing and trying out builds and for gearing alts. I don't see a logical reason for that to be locked away to a subset of the game.
No one expects the possible open world armor to be easy to get. I'd expect it to be roughly the same time gate as the other sets, with a comparable cost. It would still be nice to have that to work towards a little each day/week.

• Like 5
  • Confused 3