DPI Scaling broken with most recent patch [Merged]

GEAR.6309

The most recent patch seems to have broken DPI scaling. When DPI scaling is toggled on, the Hero Panel and Gem Shop preview panels no longer work. Toggling off DPI scaling fixes the rendering issue, however the UI is now too tiny to read on a 4k screen, making the game unplayable, even with "Interface Size" set to the highest setting.

• Like 28

I also have this issue.  Combined with the larger cursor, I cannot precision click anything.

Additionally, while toggling off dpi scaling does let the preview windows work, the weapon preview options are disabled so I cannot view weapons wielded or on their own.

edit:  Now the wielded preview is available.  A bit more testing:  It seems that if I open the preview by looking at a fishing rod skin via item code (tested with Geomantic), then try to preview other items without first closing the window, then the wielded/weapon only options are greyed out.  So long as I start with a weapon, the preview window behaves normally.

Edited by Donari.5237
  • Like 3

Same issue here. 3840x2160 resolution. DX11.

EDIT:  Yep unchecking DPI scaling does return character to the hero panel but those small menu windows on a big screen, uh, no thanks.  Setting the game to DX9 and restarting the game  "fixed" the issue for me.

Edited by Sticky.2653
  • Like 2

So the title makes no sense but i have no idea how to put this into words, so i'll just give you a few screenshots to explain my issue.

Long story short, every single preview screen has been cut in half. I have an updated graphics driver, i've reset the game, reset my PC, i've tried all the cliché IT support tricks and still seeing this. Any ideas how to fix?

Example 1: https://ibb.co/72Vy3MW 

Example 2:https://ibb.co/cbgGffG 

• Like 2

I start my game with window option which launches it with smaller than monitor size as I use ultrawide monitor screen and not need the entire width.

This appears to horizontally crop the character model in hero display off for rendering based on what percentage of your window occupies width wise on your reported monitor width.

This is very bad UI breaking update which did not get proper testing. Not everyone always plays full screen mode. Please REVERT to the old HERO panel character rendering code as the new patch from 9/13 introduced bug a many.