Elves, flying Rainbow Kitties, Top Gun sunnies ... yet no Horse mount skin?!

Ashantara.8731

This game is full of lore- and immersion-breaking skins. People are

• wearing t-shirts, blue jeans, white sneakers, sunglasses, mini skirts,
  • dressing in futuristic cyberpunk gear,
  • now able to cosplay Elves,
  • using furry rainbow kitties for jade-bots,
  • riding tons of beasts that are not present in Tyria's fauna nor lore,

... yet we are denied a simple Horse mount skin

and are instead stuck with a horrendous lab accident of a unicorn/pegasus/griffon mix and a fluffy Kirin?

C'mon, ArenaNet -- have a heart! 🥰

Original post:

Can we get a non-Unicorn horse mount skin, please?

As grateful as I am for the Kirin, it's still a bit cheesy looking. (And don't get me started about the Griffon skin.😆)

Can we get a plain (war)horse, please? 🙂

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 7
  • Confused 12

7 minutes ago, squeegee.4320 said:

As long as it's lore appropriate to the only equine we have in-game, sure.

There is a horse in the New Kaineng City loading screen, and there are people talking about horses in Divinity's Reach, so yes, it would be 100% lore-appropriate. (A lot more lore-appropriate than the upcoming elven ears helmets.)

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 7

15 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

That's not a horse in the loading screen.  It once was, but no longer; changed for a reason, don't you think?  Rubi even commented on it.

Hmph.😞 Still, the dialogue about horses at Dwayna waypoint in DR is still there and won't go anywhere. 🙂

19 minutes ago, yoni.7015 said:

I would rather have skins that are unique and more fitting to GW2. Horses are a bit boring and there are so many games with horses as mounts. 

"Other games have it" is not a valid argument. If it was, we wouldn't have cutesy-wootsy kitty jade bots and other furry crap, nor would they introduce a lore-breaking thing like elven ears (there are definitely no elves in Tyria).

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 9
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Hmph.😞 Still, the dialogue about horses at Dwayna waypoint in DR is still there and won't go anywhere. 🙂

"Other games have it" is not a valid argument. If it was, we wouldn't have cutesy-wootsy kitty jad bots and other furry crap, nor would they introduce a lore-breaking thing like elven ears (there are definitely no elves in Tyria).

well ok, horses are super boring and there are more fitting skins, a Dolyak for example. 
In my opinion horses just wouldn’t fit in the game. 

Edited by yoni.7015
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 8
  • Confused 3

Having the option to simply hiding the horn, like equipped gear on a character, for the Kirin might be passable for a horse, assuming the dye channels can tone down some of the flashy default coloration as well. 

My grief is that these newer skins that seem to stray from the existing models become Jackal skins, like the Kirin and Aurochs.. While maybe not perfectly ideal, I think they could creatively stretch the animation skill effects to work for the Raptor... Tailspin becomes rear-leg kick... Jackal even got that gorgeous white tiger skin, instead of the Warclaw.   

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

😄 There are also no pegasi or flying kitties, yet they gave us such immersion-breaking skins, and tons more. 😉

No one would drop dead if we got a decent horse mount skin.

“But there are other skins that don’t fit” is not a valid argument. On the contrary, we shouldn’t encourage Anet to bring more inappropriate skins into the game. 

Edited by yoni.7015
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5

5 minutes ago, The Boz.2038 said:

The word horse exists.

So? They talk about riding them, so they must exist.

Anyway, I couldn't care less whether some people here don't want a horse skin. I don't want most of the immersion-breaking nonsense we got that doesn't exist in the open world, yet we have it.

I know I am not the only one who is yearning for a decent horse mount skin, so keep nagging about it all you want. 😉

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 8