Tempest is the better Catalyst? here´s why!

Sahne.6950

I Claim, that this build right here: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGgAg2lZwGZasLGJO0PntdA-z5YXGJUARmAGPAA

Is outperforming the current metaCatalyst.

You can fill the role of the Sidenoder / roamer and even midfighter just as well as Cata can.

And ontop of that you also win the MU against Catalyst EVERY SINGLE TIME. But why?

Your magaura disables the Catalyst hammer "3" skills. If the circling hammers hit you and you have magaura, they damage the catalyst and then disappear. Against the build that i posted, the Catalyst can not use his "3" and the corresponding buffs and skills AT ALL.

Thats why you win all your sidenode fights against Catas, simply because you are their hardest counter. The Matchups against the other popular choices are also heavily favoring you.

Rifleengie, BSW, Virtuoso, Herald, Ranger, Dragonhunters, Deadeyes, Harbingers.... all of those matchups are a hard win for the tempest. 

Last season i ended p2 with this.

Edit: anyone voting confused...  You should really listen to the people here that have tested this build. Youd be surprised! THIS IS ACTUALLY INCREDIBLY STRONG!

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 8

15 hours ago, Avatar.3568 said:

It doesnt convincedl Till you kill me With it, but i will try it Out at Home (tho i have some bias already when i See a traitline).

And only overloads as stunbreak is maybe Not enaugh

exactly what i thought! i was like: bruh.... your not running any stunbreaks... But when you think about it... you actuially run more stunbreaks than anyone else. You have 4 stunbreaks, each on a ~24 second cooldown. The twist is tho, you have to ready them, you ahve to be in your attunement for atleast 4 seconds. So you have this window where you are vulnerable for 4 seconds after your overload. You have to bridge this time with shock and magauras or just use your dodges during this time. If you ironed out the timewindows where you are most vulnerable and learn to work around it, you will feel like you are actually at the advantage when it comes to stunbreaks. because you have a stunbreak ready at all times followed by 4 seconds of stability.

Worst case scenario and you just swapped to a attunement and then get stunned, You can then swap to air and activate the shockaura to defend yourself during the enemy CC or if its projectilepressure your facing go to earth and use the 4. All of those things can be done while CCed and It works surprisingly well.

The damage of this build is also  surprisingly high, which catches alot of people offguard. Pairing it with over 100% reflect uptime, add a littlbite of "overbuffed elemental bastion" ontop and you have the perfect sidenoder.

If you are EU we can have a few fights this afternoon! ❤️

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Confused 3

10 minutes ago, Avatar.3568 said:

I watched it and it still doesnt convince me, i haven't recgonized a single good enemy, they mostly didnt know how to cleanse condis.

What i can give Credit for now, it looks pretty tanky and you disengages seem pretty good.

We will See when we fight 

Those clips were all against g3 plebs 😄 alot of them were made of paper ngl.

yeah its hella tanky and has alot of sustain. signet of earth, forge rune and earthshield will have you sitting at 1550 toughness. You have smotheringauras and permanent protection and earth traitline for flat dmg reduction. Pretty solid defenses. The build really shines in simply wasting the enemys time. Should they not send 3 people they cant get you off a node in a timely manner, and even then you start your little kiting game and waste 2 or 3 peoples time while your team has numbers advantage on the rest of the map.

i get "chronobunker" vibes when playing this 😄

i will be online in 6 hours. 16:00 UTC+1

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Confused 2

16 minutes ago, Spellhunter.9675 said:

TBH, I'm not sure it can win decent BSW or survive proper +1 from a roamer.

i have no idea what is "decent" for you. But this works without problems in p2.

Reflecting the Artillery slash is crucial in this matchup but i am not having problems against BSW with this. BSW uses alot of highdamaging projectiles which fire right back, quickly turning the MU in your favor. The invulnvframes from Earthshield and obsidianflesh are also perfect for avoiding the DT. Just the shockaura alone will have them struggling.

BSW MU is rather ez actually. Should the BSW run rune of trooper and kites you nonstop, it ends in a stalemate tho.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Confused 1

22 minutes ago, Bast.7253 said:

Anyone tried an aura share dagger/dagger tempest? I was thinking of trying it out later but I’m not sure it would work as well as catalyst due to lack of stability.

it can work.

but Focus offers you more defensive options which is quite important for an aurashare.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, Avatar.3568 said:

this build is stronk, i am convinced

❤️  

was a few tense duells my man! But Tempest sustain is just too nutty. 😄

Too bad alot of people dont realize that this is actually incredibly strong... 🤷‍♂️ They are missing out on free elo

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Confused 1

I've tried @Sahne.6950 bruiser build months ago when he shared it. The constant condi application, dps form the elite, shocking aura and all the other goodies made me try it before I knocked. it Used several iterations from his original build but yeah it's fun. 

Heck I even created an extra character slot on my main acct for the tempest pvp build. It's more selfish than the support variety but with the mobility creep and classes have kinda lost their roles, this is pretty good. 

I still favor dps cata though lol but this is good. 

Nice job theory crafting it. I love it when ppl go out of meta and create something good. 

• Thanks 1

On 9/17/2022 at 5:52 AM, greedywholesome.9081 said:

dps form the elite

hey!

nice hearing that you enjoy the build.

ALWAYS go for the waterelemental tho! 8k+ healing on a 15 sec CD is a real deal! also when you activate the heal, it will Knockback any enemy that is close. If you are low, you switch to water, cast the elemental and instantly heal. During the cast of your elemental you also either overload water or use the healsignet to heal from ~15% all the way up to 100 in a mere second.

The burstheal is really incredible and this is what will win you those atrition fights against more sustainy builds.

I am really looking forward to the next patch! They just completly killed specter which is this builds only kryptonite! Them removing this builds hardcounter will have it thriving! They also knocked BSW and Cata a bit...

i am calling it right now.... This will be brutal after October 4th!

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

34 minutes ago, Miannei.5072 said:

Saw this post, when you posted it and thought no way,, there is no way.. Tested it and its brutal

Amazing build! great work making this

Im not a great player by any means, but i have been 1vs2 with this several times since i picked it up 💕

HAHA! YEAH! that was exactly me. someone showed it to me and i was like... NO WAY BUDDY! There is no way this works.. but it somehow does! i kinda feel sorry for all the "non-belivers" that look at the build and just go "confused" and dont give it a chance.

up until now i did not have a single person that actually tried the build and after that still thought its bad 😄 everyone was like.... HOLY MOLY! i had to duell so many people that claimed that this is bad... and everyone of them got their kitten spanked, followed by the occasional "tempest op! The sustain is brainded!"😂

nice hearing that you enjoy it aswell! ❤️

i did not create it myself tho! It is a changed version of a WvW celebuild that someone shared with me.

Be sure to change the sigils! i made some changes there as i felt that sigil of agony is overkill, i now go for sigil of doom for another covercondi  and healingreduction!

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 9/19/2022 at 2:51 PM, Sahne.6950 said:

hey!

nice hearing that you enjoy the build.

ALWAYS go for the waterelemental tho! 8k+ healing on a 15 sec CD is a real deal! also when you activate the heal, it will Knockback any enemy that is close. If you are low, you switch to water, cast the elemental and instantly heal. During the cast of your elemental you also either overload water or use the healsignet to heal from ~15% all the way up to 100 in a mere second.

The burstheal is really incredible and this is what will win you those atrition fights against more sustainy builds.

I am really looking forward to the next patch! They just completly killed specter which is this builds only kryptonite! Them removing this builds hardcounter will have it thriving! They also knocked BSW and Cata a bit...

i am calling it right now.... This will be brutal after October 4th!

Sup, ele bud. I swap between the two. Either overwhelm the opponent or prepare for 1xX. Thanks for keeping the ele spirit alive. The cata nerfs are needed however, everything else but engie but will get a buff so we'll never know until Oct 4. I suggest we all wait and see and stop the nerf requests until then. 

I for one, never ask for nerfs, only buffs to weaker classes/specs. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, greedywholesome.9081 said:

Gotta be loyal to my fellow kind!

I just wish the feedback for this build would be better. As this is actually fun and after the cata nerfs probably the strongest build aswell...  i mean.. i have yet to loose a fight against a catalyst 😂

Alot of people just see something that is not considered "meta" and they think its bad.....    They are literally missing out on free elo and serotonin! 

Edited by Sahne.6950