Shocking Aura is objectively bad for the game and I'm tired of pretending it's not.

Master Ketsu.4569

Like it doesnt take a 5head that shocking aura is fundamentally broken, nothing is more fun then being run the kitten down by a quickness, 25 stacked might herald with shocking aura, cant run, cant defend yourself.
It has 2s icd, but that icd is per person, so if you hit someone else, well have another stun.
It ALSO was applies to summoned dog kitten, the good old days of minion mancer with their dog kitten summons having shocking aura stunning you any time you dared to play the game, how fun 😄

• Like 3

If shocking is that OP, why isn't everyone running the runes any class has access to for it then? There's not that many builds that have mandatory runes.

IMO I don't think it matters if it was a Daze instead of a Stun, the immobilizing factor means nothing, just preventing further attacks is what lets it do its job defensively. 

I would say having it stun people out of vanilla dodging when a pulsing effect fires off is pretty unnecessary though. Dodges that also attack should be interrupted still though.

Edited by Knote.2904
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

8 minutes ago, Knote.2904 said:

If shocking is that OP, why isn't everyone running the runes any class has access to for it then? There's not that many builds that have mandatory runes.

IMO I don't think it matters if it was a Daze instead of a Stun, the immobilizing factor means nothing, just preventing further attacks is what lets it do its job defensively. 

I would say having it stun people out of vanilla dodging when a pulsing effect fires off is pretty unnecessary though. Dodges that also attack should be interrupted still though.

If it doesn't matter then we might as well change it to daze, yeah? Win-win, I'll take it.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Saiyan.1704 said:

I have more issues with Engi's Static Shield... nothing like placing a symbol right when he pops it. I'm basically catatonic until that duration ends lol. 

yes but unlike shocking shield the engineer can't simultaniously attack you while completely stun protected so you have literally minus 1 dps to attack you.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Knote.2904 said:

it's only 60 seconds, if shocking aura is that OP everyone should still be running it

That doesn't really apply when this thread is about a 25 second cooldown, aoe aura that can be transmuted to stun even if someone does not choose not to attack.

You may present an arguement however on the AED with gadgeteer which applies shocking aura if triggered despite requiring one of the weakest traitlines in the game to get that effect.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

On 9/26/2022 at 3:04 AM, Leonidrex.5649 said:

Like it doesnt take a 5head that shocking aura is fundamentally broken, nothing is more fun then being run the kitten down by a quickness, 25 stacked might herald with shocking aura, cant run, cant defend yourself.
It has 2s icd, but that icd is per person, so if you hit someone else, well have another stun.
It ALSO was applies to summoned dog kitten, the good old days of minion mancer with their dog kitten summons having shocking aura stunning you any time you dared to play the game, how fun 😄

nowadays, you play a aurashare with a shatter mesmer.....  The shatters will stun, because of the shockaura that the clones have 😄

On 9/21/2022 at 11:34 PM, Arheundel.6451 said:

Ele is trash worthy outside bunkering down on a point in pvp...basically worthless and unused in all other parts of the game...but I guess we have to remove the only things that make ele worth making outside...nothing else..lol

Tempest is a pretty potent support currently. Cata is a strong sider. Weaver not much behind but with less teamfight potential. Ele is not near to be in a bad spot.

I would change it into a daze instead a stun, makes it less oppressive.

Edited by Fabrenntsich.9270
  • Like 1