Berserker was at least in the meta for 3 minutes xD

Yerlock.4678

Everyone went Berserker and it looked so nice until we all realized its not nearly good enough and still needs so much quality of life and adrenaline/primal burst improvements. Especially for power.

Spellbreaker also lol. Maybe a solid spec but still lack luster compared to the EoD ones. Meanwhile the one good spec Warrior we had in years is now dead.

They need to just adequately buff the dead specs that have been rotting for years when they do, so we don't have to wait another 9 months for another glimpse at hopium...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 3

6 hours ago, Peacekid.1463 said:

y do u guys always complain its just a day keep looking ... ull enventually finding one build

Bladesworn is unironicaly looking to still be warriors strongest spec for pvp post patch.

But the bladesworn haters refuse to accept that possibility and haven't even tried playing it/dont know how to play it without shouts

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

8 hours ago, Avatar.3568 said:

Ah, the next Warrior cry post

You would cry too if your class had the longest patch note with all seems like buffs

yet not only hard nerfed PvE damage and rotation, but also did not make it anymore playable then it was pre-patch in PvP/WvW

while every other classes with way shorter patch notes got bigger buffs, like druid, soulbeast, chrono etc.

this just seems like a big joke, like that banner change.

Edited by Lighter.5631
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 6
  • Confused 3

10 hours ago, Kayberz.5346 said:

Bladesworn is unironicaly looking to still be warriors strongest spec for pvp post patch.

But the bladesworn haters refuse to accept that possibility and haven't even tried playing it/dont know how to play it without shouts

It's still bugged and getting free stability, give it a minute

• Like 2

On 10/6/2022 at 4:25 PM, Kayberz.5346 said:

Being the strongest doesnt make it good. It still has the same big issues, gunsaber being worthless, poor defenses, easily interrupted dragon triggers, so if its the best without the shouts that carried the build ... thats poor news for Warrior.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, UNOwen.7132 said:

Being the strongest doesnt make it good. It still has the same big issues, gunsaber being worthless, poor defenses, easily interrupted dragon triggers, so if its the best without the shouts that carried the build ... thats poor news for Warrior.

Gunsaber is far from worthless, other than the 2 skill being garbage to land in pvp, all the other skills are decent, offering you great burst damage potential from melee or range with 3 and 4 and a low cooldown mobility skill that in combination with axe gives you constant fury uptime 

I would argue that post patch bladesworn still has the highest sustain of any of the warrior specs, including spellbreaker, while using zerker stats. Defense/discipline offers a bunch of passive healing in combo with bladesworns trait to increase incoming healing. The fact that dragonslash ignores block and blind makes addrenal health and cleansing ire pretty reliable to proc and bladesworns heal skill is arguably one of the best heals in the game,  and it still can be refilled with tactical reload, when these things are combined with classic warrior defensive utility like endure pain, shake it off and shield you can survive against a ton of pressure if you play smart. Plus bladesworn has great mobility that can be used to disengage if needed

Dragontrigger is only easily interrupted if you try and greed charge it, instant released or well comboed dragontriggers with other CC is no more easily interrupted than any other skill with a short cast time.

Maybe the bladesworn haters should actually try learning how to play this spec without shout spam instead of immediately dismissing it because they dont want it to exist in the first place 

Edited by Kayberz.5346
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

2 hours ago, Kayberz.5346 said:

Gunsaber is far from worthless, other than the 2 skill being garbage to land in pvp, all the other skills are decent, offering you great burst damage potential from melee or range with 3 and 4 and a low cooldown mobility skill that in combination with axe gives you constant fury uptime 

I would argue that post patch bladesworn still has the highest sustain of any of the warrior specs, including spellbreaker, while using zerker stats. Defense/discipline offers a bunch of passive healing in combo with bladesworns trait to increase incoming healing. The fact that dragonslash ignores block and blind makes addrenal health and cleansing ire pretty reliable to proc and bladesworns heal skill is arguably one of the best heals in the game,  and it still can be refilled with tactical reload, when these things are combined with classic warrior defensive utility like endure pain, shake it off and shield you can survive against a ton of pressure if you play smart. Plus bladesworn has great mobility that can be used to disengage if needed

Dragontrigger is only easily interrupted if you try and greed charge it, instant released or well comboed dragontriggers with other CC is no more easily interrupted than any other skill with a short cast time.

Maybe the bladesworn haters should actually try learning how to play this spec without shout spam instead of immediately dismissing it because they dont want it to exist in the first place 

Yeah...good luck with that. STILL did not buy EoD.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

16 minutes ago, JTGuevara.9018 said:

Yeah...good luck with that. STILL did not buy EoD.

Have had plenty of good "luck" using bladesworn post patch

You should try it yourself and find out......oh wait thats right you never have and still cant

Making your uninformed comments on bladesworn STILL nothing but biased rhetoric 

Edited by Kayberz.5346
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

On 10/6/2022 at 12:49 AM, gmmg.9210 said:

Everyone went Berserker and it looked so nice until we all realized its not nearly good enough and still needs so much quality of life and adrenaline/primal burst improvements. Especially for power.

Spellbreaker also lol. Maybe a solid spec but still lack luster compared to the EoD ones. Meanwhile the one good spec Warrior we had in years is now dead.

They need to just adequately buff the dead specs that have been rotting for years when they do, so we don't have to wait another 9 months for another glimpse at hopium...

Try condition berserker. It was quite good before the patch, but its really good after.

Defense spellbreaker is also busted and probably going to get nerfed but I've only seen two spellbreakers actually play it to a (highly) competitive level though so yeah its probably not fluid enough to be widely viable.

6 hours ago, Kayberz.5346 said:

Gunsaber is so bad that the optimal strategy is to spend as little time as physically possible in it. You want to be in axe as close to 24/7 as you can be. The only use it has is using gunsaber 5 for some mediocre mobility. The only good skill it has is 3, which is ... decent. The autoattacks are bad, they only do damage and nothing else, and are vastly inferior to Axe on that, 2 is impossible to hit, 4 is the worlds worst impression of Electrowhirl, and 5 is ok out of combat, but pretty bad in combat. It barely moves you, it does no damage, its kitten near impossible to hit and its got an inexplicably lengthy cooldown. And the fury doesnt make up for it. Its impressively bad. Hence why you avoid staying in it.

Adrenal health always procs. Its on adrenaline spent, not burst skill hit. And sure, Bladesworn probably has the highest sustain, but honestly not by much. And thats compared to other warriors. Compared ot the field? Yeah their sustain is pretty poor. Bladesworns heal is very far from being one of the best in the game (though it is decent), and overall theyve not got enough sustain to be full bunkers, nor the damage to be good at killing targets. And Bladesworns mobility is inferior to a regular Greatsword-wielding Warrior.

If you release it instantly its not really worth much, and you don't have any cc to combo dragon trigger with. You do need to charge it for a bit for it to be good, and therein lies the issue.

I played Bladesworn before they buffed shouts. And I played it without Shouts. It was impressively bad. Gunsaber was basically half a weaponset, and that alone kills the spec. The upsides it has, the things it offers, they simply dont offset that huge drawback. Especially when you consider that, as a result, you lose out on one of Warriors most powerful features, Fast Hands. Its just not good. Shoutspam carried it, without it its nothing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

50 minutes ago, UNOwen.7132 said:

Gunsaber is so bad that the optimal strategy is to spend as little time as physically possible in it. You want to be in axe as close to 24/7 as you can be. The only use it has is using gunsaber 5 for some mediocre mobility. The only good skill it has is 3, which is ... decent. The autoattacks are bad, they only do damage and nothing else, and are vastly inferior to Axe on that, 2 is impossible to hit, 4 is the worlds worst impression of Electrowhirl, and 5 is ok out of combat, but pretty bad in combat. It barely moves you, it does no damage, its kitten near impossible to hit and its got an inexplicably lengthy cooldown. And the fury doesnt make up for it. Its impressively bad. Hence why you avoid staying in it.

Adrenal health always procs. Its on adrenaline spent, not burst skill hit. And sure, Bladesworn probably has the highest sustain, but honestly not by much. And thats compared to other warriors. Compared ot the field? Yeah their sustain is pretty poor. Bladesworns heal is very far from being one of the best in the game (though it is decent), and overall theyve not got enough sustain to be full bunkers, nor the damage to be good at killing targets. And Bladesworns mobility is inferior to a regular Greatsword-wielding Warrior.

If you release it instantly its not really worth much, and you don't have any cc to combo dragon trigger with. You do need to charge it for a bit for it to be good, and therein lies the issue.

I played Bladesworn before they buffed shouts. And I played it without Shouts. It was impressively bad. Gunsaber was basically half a weaponset, and that alone kills the spec. The upsides it has, the things it offers, they simply dont offset that huge drawback. Especially when you consider that, as a result, you lose out on one of Warriors most powerful features, Fast Hands. Its just not good. Shoutspam carried it, without it its nothing.

No cc to combo with? Uh bulls charge and shield 4 say hi, also fast hands still works on bladesworn btw 🤪

But its clear you're not interested in changing your mind, your entire breakdown is just you downplaying everything on bladesworn sayng its bad while using suboptimal usage of its abilities and kit as examples. You make it quite clear you dont know how to make use of its kit properly.

Thats the problem with going into testing something with the mindset of "lets see how bad this is" rather than "lets see how i can make the most out of this kit"

But its fine if you dont want to give it the respect it deserves, others will.

Edited by Kayberz.5346
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

18 hours ago, UNOwen.7132 said:

Adrenal health always procs. Its on adrenaline spent, not burst skill hit.

Are you speaking for bladesworn specifically? Because if not, than you are incorrect unless something has changed since last night. Adrenal health still requires you to hit people unless it’s Full Counter (only needs to trigger the attack portion) or longbow (the field has to land). I don’t remember for bladesworn if it’s on hit or on activation. 

On 10/8/2022 at 3:57 PM, Kayberz.5346 said:

Have had plenty of good "luck" using bladesworn post patch

You should try it yourself and find out......oh wait thats right you never have and still cant

Making your uninformed comments on bladesworn STILL nothing but biased rhetoric 

"biased rhetoric"

Says the one almost always coming on the warrior forums to defend bladesworn and not address any other warrior issues.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, JTGuevara.9018 said:

"biased rhetoric"

Says the one almost always coming on the warrior forums to defend bladesworn and not address any other warrior issues.

Because the little clique of "true warrior mains" on the forums have and continue to beat that dead horse regularly

There is no reason for me to join the pity party, warrior has problems, but its not nearly as grim as some like to claim.

And the reason i defend bladesworn so much is because a vocal minority of active forum warriors constantly trash on the spec and actively petition to delete it from the game or rework it in such a way that essentially amounts to deleting the aspects about it that make it unique from all the other warrior specs in the first place precisely because its not like what they're comfortable playing with after years of the same thing.

The irony is that bladesworn answers many of the problems the other warrior specs have had for years in pvp in many ways, but for some reason the fanatical haters refuse to even consider bladesworn as being a buildcrafting  option to these problems and treat as if its an entirely different entity to be shunned.

Anet finally gives warrior an elite spec that brings a unique playstyle to the class instead of the same old core warrior +1 tacked on mechanic design of the previous 2 specs and instead of being appreciative of the work thats gone into delivering a spec that truly lives up to the philosophy behind elite specializations its met with the spoiled tantrums of a vocal minority that gatekeeps anyone who plays and enjoys the spec as being "not true warrior mains" or "tourists" just because they enjoy something different from the 2012 core warrior design we've had for 10 years by now.

Edited by Kayberz.5346
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

6 hours ago, oscuro.9720 said:

Are you speaking for bladesworn specifically? Because if not, than you are incorrect unless something has changed since last night. Adrenal health still requires you to hit people unless it’s Full Counter (only needs to trigger the attack portion) or longbow (the field has to land). I don’t remember for bladesworn if it’s on hit or on activation. 

Oh, youre right. The wording is off, but you do need ot hit someone for every skill except one of the longbow ones.

On 10/9/2022 at 2:29 AM, Kayberz.5346 said:

No cc to combo with? Uh bulls charge and shield 4 say hi, also fast hands still works on bladesworn btw 🤪

Sure, but thats a long cooldown and its fairly avoidable if you telegraph it. And yes, fast hands on paper work on Bladesworn. But you never pick it, because its really really really bad. Again, you want to spend as close to 0 seconds in gunsaber as possible. Why decrease your weapon swap cooldown if all you want to ever do is swap back to axe?

But its clear you're not interested in changing your mind, your entire breakdown is just you downplaying everything on bladesworn sayng its bad while using suboptimal usage of its abilities and kit as examples. You make it quite clear you dont know how to make use of its kit properly.

So how do you explain Bladesworn being undenaibly F-tier before the shout buffs? If its so good as you claim it is, why was it universally considered very very bad in a state that is better than the one it has right now? Im not "downplaying" anything. Im accurately describing what its like. I tried to make it work. It just wasnt workable. I used the kit optimally, it was just bad. 

Thats the problem with going into testing something with the mindset of "lets see how bad this is" rather than "lets see how i can make the most out of this kit"

But its fine if you dont want to give it the respect it deserves, others will.

Except, I went into it with the mindset of "how good is an optimal bladesworn". I love the thematic and aesthetic. Its Jetstream Sam, whats not to love? The problem is, I also have no trouble accepting that a build I like is bad, which you clearly do have trouble with. The problem is, its simply bad. I wanted it to be good. It wasnt. It was very, very far from good. Post-patch, I would evaluate it as probably in the bottom 3, definitely in the bottom 5 of all non-core specs. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

37 minutes ago, UNOwen.7132 said:

Sure, but thats a long cooldown and its fairly avoidable if you telegraph it. And yes, fast hands on paper work on Bladesworn. But you never pick it, because its really really really bad. Again, you want to spend as close to 0 seconds in gunsaber as possible. Why decrease your weapon swap cooldown if all you want to ever do is swap back to axe?

So how do you explain Bladesworn being undenaibly F-tier before the shout buffs? If its so good as you claim it is, why was it universally considered very very bad in a state that is better than the one it has right now? Im not "downplaying" anything. Im accurately describing what its like. I tried to make it work. It just wasnt workable. I used the kit optimally, it was just bad. 

Except, I went into it with the mindset of "how good is an optimal bladesworn". I love the thematic and aesthetic. Its Jetstream Sam, whats not to love? The problem is, I also have no trouble accepting that a build I like is bad, which you clearly do have trouble with. The problem is, its simply bad. I wanted it to be good. It wasnt. It was very, very far from good. Post-patch, I would evaluate it as probably in the bottom 3, definitely in the bottom 5 of all non-core specs. 

Yikes

Big self expose

• Confused 2

Gaming forums are always an interesting look into human psychology.  People always overestimate their own skill and speak about things they know virtually nothing about.

Bladesworn was the most broken class in probably the history of the game.   It literally outhealed old menders amuet builds just using a glass cannon with berserker amulet.  And it literally took 0 skill and awareness to play.  You just mash all the weapon skills when fighting and when hp goes down you mash all the utility skills.  

Anyone who doesn't think bladesworn shouldn't have been nerffed is just horrible at this game.  The very first game I played as one became instantly my best class even though I have less than 50 warrior games played intotal.  And now people are complaining about the other specs not being good when they got like 30 + buffs in a  single patch.   Never expect a warrior spec to be as good as bladesworn was last patch.  It is comical that it even made it that long without nerfs.

• Confused 3

24 minutes ago, Kstyle.5829 said:

Gaming forums are always an interesting look into human psychology.  People always overestimate their own skill and speak about things they know virtually nothing about.

Bladesworn was the most broken class in probably the history of the game.   It literally outhealed old menders amuet builds just using a glass cannon with berserker amulet.  And it literally took 0 skill and awareness to play.  You just mash all the weapon skills when fighting and when hp goes down you mash all the utility skills.  

Anyone who doesn't think bladesworn shouldn't have been nerffed is just horrible at this game.  The very first game I played as one became instantly my best class even though I have less than 50 warrior games played intotal.  And now people are complaining about the other specs not being good when they got like 30 + buffs in a  single patch.   Never expect a warrior spec to be as good as bladesworn was last patch.  It is comical that it even made it that long without nerfs.

I mean, yes and no.  Bladesworn only got Tactical Reload nerfed and the single stack of stab on entering Dragon Trigger removed.  

So, Bladesworn should still be broken as nothing happened otherwise to break the metabattle build other than 'Shake It Off!' getting reduced ammo count.  

The real truth is Bladesworn is really only broken at I'd say mid-gold and down, much like Mechanist.  On the upper end of things people know to target focus and melt you with condis because BS has no real good condi clear, and is worse now with the 'Shake It Off!' change.  So you'd just get DH, Harbs, Core Necro, etc. camping points because BS is all melee and have to burn a lot to get on point where they burn nothing to camp it with condi bombs.

So yes, the Warrior community (much like all of them) has the drama queen / gloom and doomer's, but it isn't exactly false to say Warrior has it a bit rough.