Maguuma needs dealt with.

Ashlin.3708

2 hours ago, Nikola.3841 said:

many would be surprised to see BG population at some timezones...only times when we could match Mag on 24h basis were when we were linked with BP, it was perfect fit. That shows when we fight against BP, too, as theres almost no real fighting, its either us mapblobbing or them doing it, with almost no overlap

That screams combat lag fixed and if both servers have the same play time ratio from players, its working as intended from Anet.

For some reason they will never measure timezones peak ... remember when Anet said they wanted what was  happening in  EOTM  back in normal WvW... mega omni blob ktrain w/o fights, this dates the old forum, and i believe their mindset havent changed since alliances will be still measured in the same way, both will ktrain with their own timezones and thats it..

Edited by Aeolus.3615

6 hours ago, Aeolus.3615 said:

That screams combat lag fixed and if both servers have the same play time ratio from players, its working as intended from Anet.

For some reason they will never measure timezones peak ... remember when Anet said they wanted what was  happening in  EOTM  back in normal WvW... mega omni blob ktrain w/o fights, this dates the old forum, and i believe their mindset havent changed since alliances will be still measured in the same way, both will ktrain with their own timezones and thats it..

Seems obvious Alliances will see even more time slot stacking within each alliance. I think they hope to reduce the problem because alliances are smaller than servers...

On 11/21/2022 at 6:00 AM, moutzaheadin.4029 said:

I’ve been on mag for about 8 years. In my time there I’ve never seen a single hacker on mag. 

which hacks are we all using again? 

I play both styles cloud (mag) and boon ball (eBay). Let me give some insight.

boon ball comp playing takes a lot of commitment. It also needs voice chat 99% of the time. It also needs a dedicated driver to make it all happen. Then it needs to not have any people randomly going afk. You need good builds and gear. 

tagging for one of these groups is fun for an hour or 2 but it always gets old after that especially when you fighting a cloud that’s relentlessly poking. 

so what’s happening here is your going to get grinded off the map eventually. What’s worse is. After the tag logs off. You’re stuck either looking for another “good driver” or you log off.  That’s the problem with running a comped Omni blob. It’s not sustainable (har har)

a fast look inside the cloud mind,  its people playing their own builds (not metabattle) as most have been here a long time and don’t have to copy pasta a build to succeed. They know their class and are SELF SUSTAINING. Meaning we don’t need a tag or some guy in voice keeping the boat afloat. 

it’s almost like playing call of duty. Log in. Set your load out and kill , die respawn. It’s fun and takes very little commitment server side. There is no one player that logs off tired and the map goes to sleep. 

The matches wouldn’t be so lopsided if you guys didn’t all wait for one guild or tag to show up for 3 hours a night. Then log. That’s your fault not ours.

obs

1. Full damage, never dies.

2. People from magumma flying in wvw. You can find the video in this topic

3. You press skills but doenst work (i reported this one with name´s player)

4. They have pulls very longs distance. Just maguuma players have it

5. They have strange pulls. one time they dragged me across the ground. Just maguuma players have it.

6. I saw people from magumma in wps of others servers. 

7. They pulled me across the gates. I reported to anet and anet said me that they need the name of the player. In the other side of the gates, 5 people killed me. I cant know who was the cheater. Its not my job. Its anet job.

8. If I fight against magumm, its opened windows from the game. But never clicked in this window to opened.

9. Pull a commander 5 o 6 times in a row with a difference of 1 or 2 second for each pull. Just maguuma players have it. 

10. Full spies, pulled your tactics all day long. (i saw this in other servers but magumma use it all the time)

Magumma full of cheaters and spies. They ruin all the fun in t1. No server want to fight against them. NO ONE. 

Excuse my english. Is not my native language. 

Edited by Daniela.6285
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

1. Full damage, never dies. - many classes can do this and if you are good, you are hard to kill no matter what server

2. People from magumma flying in wvw. You can find the video in this topic - sound more like a video card issue i have never seen anyone fly in 10 years

3. You press skills but doenst work (i reported this one with name´s player) - stun or fear maybe? not uncommon and not just on Mag, no one is accessing your PC unless you are running windows 98 with no security turn on, Microsoft plugged access to keyboards and cache years ago (unless you got a virus or malwayre)

4. They have pulls very longs distance. Just maguuma players have it - sounds liek a video card issue, you are just not seeing all the players if playing on a low setting, i had that also (not seeing all the players) until i got a better video card

5. They have strange pulls. one time they dragged me across the ground. Just maguuma players have it. - again, sounds like a video card issue, you do know low end video cards do not always show all the players, or because of lag how maybe 

5. I saw people from magumma in wps of others servers.  - never ever seen that, i doubt it ever happened

6. They pulled me across the gates. I reported to anet and anet said me that they need the name of the player. In the other side of the gates, 5 people killed me. I cant know who was the cheater. Its not my job. Its anet job. - Pull bug just not on Mag, Necroes can do it on any server

7. If I fight against magumm, its opened windows from the game. But never clicked in this window to opened. - i call BS, this never happened., check your PC for a virus

8. Full spies, pulled your tactics all day long. (i saw this in other servers but magumma use it all the time) - every server is like that

Magumma full of cheaters and spies. They ruin all the fun in t1. No server want to fight against them. NO ONE. 

The bottom line is, i have seen large groups run from a handful of MAG players, don't run you are going to just get picked off, I have seen a handful of people chase a group 2-3 times their size away and just pick them off, Discord and voice really is not an advantage almost all MAG calls are in chat, that is why so many move to spots quickly. Don't try to boonball them they will just pick you off one at a time with strips and pulls, and help other get better i have seen so many bad players on other servers it is not even a challenge and i suck

• Confused 3

11 hours ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

Why is this thread still going? People getting spawn camped on the forums too? You know there's other threads.

Oh, never mind. Carry on, even if Heavy Loot Bags are cheap because of you folks. 😉

Hey could be worse, they keep me, in my idiocy defending Mag. WTW. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, Daniela.6285 said:

1. Full damage, never dies.\

Boonballs, Mag usually has less, talk to ANet. But they are there as well.

2. People from magumma flying in wvw. You can find the video in this topic

Link? Gliding looks like hacks when from the other side. Are there flying hacks, yes but those peeps are moving up, not down, that's the gliding down graphic issue.

3. You press skills but doenst work (i reported this one with name´s player)

Daze, skill lag, we need better logging here.

4. They have pulls very longs distance. Just maguuma players have it

No, stack multiple pulls and you can do this. 

5. They have strange pulls. one time they dragged me across the ground. Just maguuma players have it.

6. I saw people from magumma in wps of others servers. 

7. They pulled me across the gates. I reported to anet and anet said me that they need the name of the player. In the other side of the gates, 5 people killed me. I cant know who was the cheater. Its not my job. Its anet job.

There are hacks and there is also a time when multiple people will unknowingly stack pulls and yank you far.

10. Full spies, pulled your tactics all day long. (i saw this in other servers but magumma use it all the time)

Your mileage will vary. 

• Confused 4

13 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Boonballs, Mag usually has less, talk to ANet. But they are there as well.

It's usually some combo of durability runes, energy/cleansing sigils that makes someone much harder to kill. Less so if people stop bringing pve builds in but it's been like 10 years so probably not.

Combine this with the one prevailing thing I've found with the walking bags (apx 95%+ of my own server) on most servers is they do no damage.  Heck, even pvers that do dailies have no problem killing tower and camp lords but those people do. When people are like "omfg pvers are coming in to do dailies",. rest assured I'd take them over the former since the later probably went to meet Lucas at dodge training in Queensdale:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dodge_Instructor

I think many in this thread should check it out.

I would speculate that 8 out of 10 bag donaters do not know what build they're even running and about 1.5 of them do, but wouldn't post them due to fear of being roasted about how bad it is.

One can cry about "boon balls" all they want, but I assure you those are builds that fail in every meta since 2012. I keep telling them-- Anet can't help you! Why is it that regardless of meta, they're always at the bottom? The only thing OP is their badness-- it can't be beat!

I personally run terrible meme builds outside of zergs like transfuse necro but still get kills because as it turns out Cele is a broken stat and people that stand still for 3s+ and have no stunbreaks are easy targets, hax or none.

And what's the worse that can happen? I die in a video game. 😞 Better tell everyone about it.

Btw pro tip guys: Many attacks can be done while moving. You don't have to stand there.

edit: So people complain about fighting boon balls. Fine, that's great. But now they get killed by the very opposite of it and.... ?

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2

15 minutes ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

. When people are like "omfg pvers are coming in to do dailies",. rest assured I'd take them over the former since the later probably went to meet Lucas at dodge training in Queensdale:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dodge_Instructor ..

Btw pro tip guys: Many attacks can be done while moving. You don't have to stand there.

Wait..,  what???  HAXOR!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Daniela.6285 said:

Five years playing wvw and i know the difference between skills game and cheats. 

For you Magumma is free of hack. I cant stop to laugh. 

Please, after 3 or more versions of the forums point out where I have ever said I believe any server is free of hacks. I would share infractions on said discussions but that is out of bounds. Saying an entire server is filled with hackers, sorry nope. And if you think I am on Mag, sorry I don't hide where I hang out. Again, not a Magummy Bear as we call them, but not a fan of peeps not adjusting their playstyle when they play them to accept false claims they all hack. There are tools, effective or not, on how to report exploits, use them. And if its not a hack issue, adjust your playstyle to combat theirs versus just saying nerf server x. Not going to support that of any server even while I am paired against them. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

On 11/21/2022 at 7:34 PM, Corabelle.3254 said:

Maguuma literally has a 500 man mega guild specifically for alliances that is constantly pruned and houses almost all of their core pugs. Not to mention the other current Maguuma guilds that will come with them.

I have already written several times that the limit of 500 is too high, if your purpose is to get more small pieces, let's make sure that it is really small pieces. The answer and drama for many players hereIt is the current limit of the guild. And I already replied that you can stay in your current guild of 500 to keep in touch and friendships and play GW2 in any way you like. Only for WWW you will have to select and choose which alliance of 250 players you prefer to play with.

for the next 8-week period. After that you will continue to stay in your usual guild of 500 players and maybe select another alliance (always limited to 250) for another period of 8 weeks and so on. So I'm just anticipating your answer, the guild limit has nothing to do with the covenant limit.

On 11/21/2022 at 8:10 PM, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Its ironic since that is the common solution that is brought up when the server pride sides say were not a fan of losing the people we are used to seeing daily. We don't have to if we organize and form up

I think your reasoning is incorrect. When alliances go live, and you cancel the servants, you will not save anything if you grant a group of 500 or a group of 250. You just delete the servers. It makes no difference to the players. I mean the player who today goes online and recognizes himself in his server or because he finds his motivation and inspiration in playing only for his team / server could be a lone player, or he could be in a guild of 20 men or any number you can think of. Of course he knows everyone around him, he knows who he can stop to chat with, he knows who is granted only one greeting, he knows the style of play of this and that etc etc. to the player '' server side '' you can grant an alliance of even 1000 players and you get nothing.

Because after 8 weeks you will still delete the server for which he went online and played for all that period, and redistribute it to another new server. So he finds himself figuring out why he should play, why he should create content, why he has to shed tears and blood to maintain or capture anything. since after 8 weeks rinse and repeat as randomly as possible.

I'd say it's ironic to think you're solving something for players by server side granting an alliance of 500, because it makes no difference even if you give them alliances of 1000 that's not the point.

On the contrary it will make a big difference for all those players (cowards) who just want to win and jump left and right, just stack and overcome the enemy with numbers. Here's to all these players will really make a difference if you reduce the alliances to 250 or less , because it becomes more difficult to stack and circumvent the system. even if that's what the alliance mechanic actually needs.

But how alliances provides so many small pieces to build better and homogeneously and then allows to stack to 500 active players? 

Edited by Mabi black.1824
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

On 11/24/2022 at 10:35 AM, Mabi black.1824 said:

I think your reasoning is incorrect. When alliances go live, and you cancel the servants, you will not save anything if you grant a group of 500 or a group of 250. You just delete the servers. It makes no difference to the players. I mean the player who today goes online and recognizes himself in his server or because he finds his motivation and inspiration in playing only for his team / server could be a lone player, or he could be in a guild of 20 men or any number you can think of. Of course he knows everyone around him, he knows who he can stop to chat with, he knows who is granted only one greeting, he knows the style of play of this and that etc etc. to the player '' server side '' you can grant an alliance of even 1000 players and you get nothing.

Because after 8 weeks you will still delete the server for which he went online and played for all that period, and redistribute it to another new server. So he finds himself figuring out why he should play, why he should create content, why he has to shed tears and blood to maintain or capture anything. since after 8 weeks rinse and repeat as randomly as possible.

I'd say it's ironic to think you're solving something for players by server side granting an alliance of 500, because it makes no difference even if you give them alliances of 1000 that's not the point.

On the contrary it will make a big difference for all those players (cowards) who just want to win and jump left and right, just stack and overcome the enemy with numbers. Here's to all these players will really make a difference if you reduce the alliances to 250 or less , because it becomes more difficult to stack and circumvent the system. even if that's what the alliance mechanic actually needs.

But how alliances provides so many small pieces to build better and homogeneously and then allows to stack to 500 active players? 

I read your points about lower numbers to be used, and an pondering that, but it's more for the WR subforum and will save that for there. The point I was more leaning towards here is if people today complain about a server and are hoping that the WR system will break that server up there may be some surprises. It may not do what they think it might since that same group, though un-organized today could form up into an Alliance (or as many as the limit allows for) so they stay together. So in the case of Mag, which per some Mag players here, is already doing. Now that said the overall WR system is meant to handle over populations so if working as intended might help that balance. I used the server pride bit because I have seen less transfers among the server pride side because they are the stubborn ones that don't bounce around and therefor caused less of this overall issue of out of balance populations. Mag to me seems kind of like that when linked to them. They have just attracted more like minded players styles and that's fine, but not a good reason to create odd rules in the Alliance makeup that only help the mega or large guilds out at the expense of the medium, small and tiny guilds who also might want to form a server Alliance. 

• Haha 1