Maguuma needs dealt with.

Ashlin.3708

14 hours ago, manu.7539 said:

Dont worry about my class, I'm doing fine with it when it come to 1vs1 😛 The problem happen when a server like mag abuse of the so called broken classes. By broken I mean classes having too many gimmicks and overpowered skills compare to other classes.

Everyone should be able to have fun and be competitive with their favorite toon, its not to you (or ANET) to tell what classes to play or not. For example these days there is very few competitive warriors and burn guards in WvW. Is that fair for those who spent months/years to master their favorite toon? Are you asking them to restart from scratch and play classes they dont even enjoy?

I mean, sure.  

But stop complaining about a SERVER.  Or, again, comp up and get good.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Strider Pj.2193 said:

I mean, sure.  

But stop complaining about a SERVER.  Or, again, comp up and get good.

I'm not as mad about mag as I am with ANET balancing. Mags are a bit arrogant with their /laugh and siege dropping but I cant blame them to play more than others what is broken. Its just not fun to play vs tons of clouding rangers and thieves (u can add mechs these days) but its anet that created these non sense ranging, stealthing and overpowered builds.

Edited by manu.7539
  • Confused 2

I demand every full server lose their links to truly see if they deserve to be in tier 1, let alone #1!

Every server should be treated with the same rules after all!

End the Favoritism!

BG will finally have justice for all those times they were prosecuted for being full with no links!

#OPENBG!

#OPENGANDARA!

🤭

Edited by Xenesis.6389
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Not on Mag. ANet doesn't favor any server, that's been seen overtime. It's players that make a difference on a server. Players create coverage. Players create content. Players come back to a fight, starting a fight, finishing a fight, over extending and moving the fight to new locations are going to move the fight around. Ask yourself if you lost any fight, why did you and do different next time. Sadly we don't have access to ANet's stats and player counts versus potential players so it an unknown factor there. Could be they are overstacked but it could also be people choosing not to show who are fighting them because they believed in propaganda that they can't win versus changing the way they fight and group. Fought Mag many times, fight them where you choose versus where they choose. But no I don't think there is any bias for Mag among the devs. 

Gonna have to disagree with you there. When the Anet devs do show up in WvW, they play on Mag. This in turn skews their view of how things are going in the game mode overall. They see everything's going fine for the server they're playing on, so all is well, right? And considering how badly they did on the most recent balance update, it seems like they're taking their info from the wrong people as well.

I think if the Anet devs spent a few weeks playing for the red server in T4, they might have a slightly different mindset as to the overall health of the game mode.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

13 minutes ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

I demand every full server lose their links to truly see if they deserve to be in tier 1, let alone #1!

Every server should be treated with the same rules after all!

End the Favoritism!

BG will finally have justice for all those times they were prosecuted for being full with no links!

#OPENBG!

#OPENGANDARA!

🤭

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Anet needs to restrict player transfers to the server(s) that end up linked to the host servers that are perennially in T1, at least for the first few weeks of a relink.  It's not that Mag (or any of the other servers that are always up in T1) are full, it's that their link servers quickly become bloated as well, and this is what makes for terrible matchups.

7 minutes ago, Ronin.4501 said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Anet needs to restrict player transfers to the server(s) that end up linked to the host servers that are perennially in T1, at least for the first few weeks of a relink.  It's not that Mag (or any of the other servers that are always up in T1) are full, it's that their link servers quickly become bloated as well, and this is what makes for terrible matchups.

I've said it before I'll say it again, 2 week restrictions will do NOTHING to transfers. If players want to move they will move regardless of the restrictions, it's a minor penalty that will come and go. Also having restrictions like that at the beginning of the relink will be disruptive later on, when you start to see those players move after the two weeks, while servers are already in the middle of moving to their appropriate tiers. You will end up giving servers and tiers a rough time for possibly 4-6 weeks of adjustment in an 8 week relink period.

It's been a week with BG/DR and DR is still medium, the problem is not always the server bandwagoners, it's also the guilds, who also in turn attract groupies with them, putting those restrictions on makes difference to them. BG and Mag aren't the only servers that attract bandwagons, plenty of servers have fluctuated wildly between medium to full in population in the last year while not even being linked to BG or Mag, and guess why? because guilds mass moving to stack.

You want to tackle the transfers? fine, take off transfer discounts, every server should cost 2000 gems to move, you'll end up with more medium servers, but you'll also end up with less transfers because of the cost.

If any of you want to put restrictions on a server, you best believe it should be applied to every single other server in the same boat,  and not just one because you "don't like their play style", no one should be given any favoritism, we already have enough of that kitten to deal with in the class balance section.

The one and only exception to the rules which no longer apply was BG, and only because they were so far ahead in population over everyone else, they needed to stay close and no link for a long time, and the fact they're still always closed means they're still ahead of everyone else and remain the bar to set thresholds to.

If you're a player in T1 complaining about other T1 servers, maybe your server doesn't belong in T1 for that period, accept that, don't blame the other servers, don't blame anet. WvW was never going to be "fair" or "balanced" 100% of the time, the only thing anet can do to completely control transfers, is to completely shut down transfers, which won't happen because people would come in here complaining about not being able to play with "frends".

If you don't like any of that then get down on your knees and pray harder for world restructuring to happen faster.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

I've said it before I'll say it again, 2 week restrictions will do NOTHING to transfers. If players want to move they will move regardless of the restrictions, it's a minor penalty that will come and go. Also having restrictions like that at the beginning of the relink will be disruptive later on, when you start to see those players move after the two weeks, while servers are already in the middle of moving to their appropriate tiers. You will end up giving servers and tiers a rough time for possibly 4-6 weeks of adjustment in an 8 week relink period.

It's been a week with BG/DR and DR is still medium, the problem is not always the server bandwagoners, it's also the guilds, who also in turn attract groupies with them, putting those restrictions on makes difference to them. BG and Mag aren't the only servers that attract bandwagons, plenty of servers have fluctuated wildly between medium to full in population in the last year while not even being linked to BG or Mag, and guess why? because guilds mass moving to stack.

You want to tackle the transfers? fine, take off transfer discounts, every server should cost 2000 gems to move, you'll end up with more medium servers, but you'll also end up with less transfers because of the cost.

If any of you want to put restrictions on a server, you best believe it should be applied to every single other server in the same boat,  and not just one because you "don't like their play style", no one should be given any favoritism, we already have enough of that kitten to deal with in the class balance section.

The one and only exception to the rules which no longer apply was BG, and only because they were so far ahead in population over everyone else, they needed to stay close and no link for a long time, and the fact they're still always closed means they're still ahead of everyone else and remain the bar to set thresholds to.

If you're a player in T1 complaining about other T1 servers, maybe your server doesn't belong in T1 for that period, accept that, don't blame the other servers, don't blame anet. WvW was never going to be "fair" or "balanced" 100% of the time, the only thing anet can do to completely control transfers, is to completely shut down transfers, which won't happen because people would come in here complaining about not being able to play with "frends".

If you don't like any of that then get down on your knees and pray harder for world restructuring to happen faster.

1) You're assuming Anet updates the populations weekly. As slow as they are to update almost everything else, I don't think the populations are accurately reflected in the first week after a relink.

2) In regards to transfer costs, the populations are essentially skewed between full/very high servers and servers that are essentially medium/low pop (with half of their populations being reflected as fuller largely due to pve players showing up to work on their GoBs). Anet needs to give better incentives to repopulate the bottom tier/half-dead servers than simply discounting transfer costs by a few hundred gems.

3) This has nothing to do with Mag's play style. They can camp EBG all day long and be as toxic as they want. I don't play in EBG so I don't really care, and for all the players who do play in EBG, I really have no sympathy for them if they continue to let Mag farm them outside of spawn week in and week out. For me, this thread is really about Anet still not fully appreciating the disparity in populations after 8-9 years of it being an issue...and at this point Alliances has taken so long I think a lot of us have completely lost hope that it will ever come to fruition. (They still haven't released any info regarding the previous beta and here we are less than a week out from yet another beta).

Edited by Ronin.4501
  • Confused 1

55 minutes ago, Ronin.4501 said:

Gonna have to disagree with you there. When the Anet devs do show up in WvW, they play on Mag. This in turn skews their view of how things are going in the game mode overall. They see everything's going fine for the server they're playing on, so all is well, right? And considering how badly they did on the most recent balance update, it seems like they're taking their info from the wrong people as well.

I think if the Anet devs spent a few weeks playing for the red server in T4, they might have a slightly different mindset as to the overall health of the game mode.

Have seen ANet devs also playing against Mag as well and then claiming SMC for ANet's guild. I don't disagree some will be playing there. What I can't state is the spread of all ANet employees across all servers. I highly doubt they have all now transferred to Mag.  If they aren't spread about providing feedback I agree they should.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Ronin.4501 said:

1) You're assuming Anet updates the populations weekly. As slow as they are to update almost everything else, I don't think the populations are accurately reflected in the first week after a relink.

2) In regards to transfer costs, the populations are essentially skewed between full/very high servers and servers that are essentially medium/low pop (with half of their populations being reflected as fuller largely due to pve players showing up to work on their GoBs).

3) This has nothing to do with Mag's play style. They can camp EBG all day long and be as toxic as they want. I don't play in EBG so I don't really care, and for all the players who do play in EBG, I really have no sympathy for them if they continue to let Mag farm them outside of spawn week in and week out. For me, this thread is really about Anet still not fully appreciating the disparity in populations after 8-9 years of it being an issue...and at this point Alliances has taken so long I think a lot of us have completely lost hope that it will ever come to fruition. (They still haven't released any info regarding the previous beta and here we are less than a week out from yet another beta).

1) It updates every Monday, it also updates during the week cause servers have changed to full later in the week and I highly doubt it's because some anet intern is looking at the numbers constantly to make a manual status change. 🤔 Still makes no difference in regards to your idea which would just serve to be a big disruption instead, and again server link bandwagon to a specific server isn't the only bandwagon.

2) We have no clue on how many are pve players working on GoB, that shouldn't even be a consideration, if anything those players are in wvw for 6-8 hours and done, a drop in the bucket compared to real wvw players. Lemma guess TC the rp server is loaded with gob campers for two months now so they aren't really full! they're a medium server! right, sure. 🙄

3) Nothing to do with Mag's playstyle? did you even bother reading the first post? 😐

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Have seen ANet devs also playing against Mag as well and then claiming SMC for ANet's guild. I don't disagree some will be playing there. What I can't state is the spread of all ANet employees across all servers. I highly doubt they have all now transferred to Mag.  If they aren't spread about providing feedback I agree they should.

They haven't, the only one that was on Mag regularly recently was Grouch and because he was running around with his guild which has moved a couple times since. I did spot a different one some other time on mag that may or may not have been him. I've also seen devs more often on other servers these days, and in fact we just had that report a couple weeks ago with like 5 of them running around on bg. 

Here's my recent sightings...

Dragonbrand Jun 11

Tarnished Coast Jun 18
Sea of Sorrow Aug 26

Dragonbrand Aug 28

Grouch Stream 4 devs not long ago

Edited by Xenesis.6389
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

They haven't, the only one that was on Mag regularly recently was Grouch and because he was running around with his guild which has moved a couple times since. I did spot a different one some other time on mag that may or may not have been him. I've also seen devs more often on other servers these days, and in fact we just had that report a couple weeks ago with like 5 of them running around on bg. 

Here's my recent sightings...

Dragonbrand Jun 11

Tarnished Coast Jun 18
Sea of Sorrow Aug 26

Dragonbrand Aug 28

Grouch Stream 4 devs not long ago

Add one to BG which I was able to see.

1.) Anet employees that play in WvW are not necessarily WvW devs, or have influence in wvw.  They're just employees.

2.) I've been seeing constant comments about individual skill, or the equiavelent of "1v1 me bro". While the ability to 1v1 is certainly useful in WvW, focusing exclusively on it is extremely flawed because this is a team game mode. If you're bragging about winning duels, that's nice but it means not a damned thing if you don't contribute to the team at large.

This is known as a https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyrrhic_victory

Plus I am sure there are plenty on Mag that would love to duel you, if you're not making yourself useful on a non-zerged map.

3.) Again, with the builds and fun. Nobody is saying you must go to gw2mists and copy builds verbatim. You're not in some sweaty guild that kicks people for having a life for a week. But how is it that you actively prevent your build from giving some kind of help to your allies? You won't exchange one trait or 1 utility so you can have fun watching your team fail and get farmed? Why can't you get your hp above 19k so you can't get one shot as easily? Why can't you concede a little of your pride in order to beat the enemy that you dislike so much?

Look, drop it with the alpha predator lone wolf crap. You are not some kitten Arnold looking to solo an army. Reality is that it doesn't matter how big of a alpha predator you are. You can be the biggest and baddest wolf or lion and 1v1 everything with ease but you're still going to get hunted and get your head mounted on a wall by some hairless apes that will blob you down and run OP things like weapons.

Your ancestors when getting spawn camped by large animals probably looked into the sky and asked whoever was in charge to nerf bear claws and wolf speed. But they never got a response from the gods being "git gud". And so they invented bows to shoot the beasts down and fire to burn them out and cook them.

At the end of the day, humans rose to rule the world and now they're the ones spawn camping any species that offends them into extinction. Or just because they can.

Point is, the only thing that separates you and the other animals is your brain and your ability to work with others. It's no surprise when you fail to use either, you get destroyed.\

tl;dr apes together strong. And lambs shouldn't think they're lions.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

At the end of the day, humans rose to rule the world and now they're the ones spawn camping any species that offends them into extinction. Or just because they can.

They stacked and overwhelmed with numbers, wvw population stacking working as intended.

🤭

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Ronin.4501 said:

I've said it before, I'll say it again too....

Do server relinks every 2 weeks instead of 2 months.  People would server hop less. It would also keep things fresher, more interesting. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Evenge.4067 said:

Do server relinks every 2 weeks instead of 2 months.  People would server hop less. It would also keep things fresher, more interesting. 

More like keep it chaotic.

And what's the point when world restructuring is already in the works anyways.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

More like keep it chaotic.

That's fine. Make it chaotic, it's war. Make people adjust and work with their links quicker. Reduce bandwagon stacking, that's the biggest detriment to WvW. 

Keep your faith in restructuring. It's been being "worked on" forever already. Even after restructuring they should shuffle the alliance links more often than 2 months. 

You call it chaotic. I call it fresh and interesting. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

1) It updates every Monday, it also updates during the week cause servers have changed to full later in the week and I highly doubt it's because some anet intern is looking at the numbers constantly to make a manual status change. 🤔 Still makes no difference in regards to your idea which would just serve to be a big disruption instead, and again server link bandwagon to a specific server isn't the only bandwagon.

2) We have no clue on how many are pve players working on GoB, that shouldn't even be a consideration, if anything those players are in wvw for 6-8 hours and done, a drop in the bucket compared to real wvw players. Lemma guess TC the rp server is loaded with gob campers for two months now so they aren't really full! they're a medium server! right, sure. 🙄

3) Nothing to do with Mag's playstyle? did you even bother reading the first post? 😐

PvE players cycle in and out all the time, and if they're working on legendary armor (as they tend to come to WvW to get it as it's the easiest version of legendary armor to acquire), they're going to be around for a few hundred hours, not 6-8. And it's relatively easy to spot the PvE players on a server; they're the low ranks who immediately run from any enemy players even when they outnumber those enemy players.  As for TC, they're a full server, and my argument was in regards to the lower pop servers, so I don't really see what your point is there.

And my response about Mag's play style was a response your comment about T1 players complaining about being in T1 and facing Mag. There will ALWAYS be a server in T1 that doesn't belong there simply because someone has to win in Tier 2 and go up to face Mag. Almost every server that ends up on red bl in T1 inevitably has players who will take the week off because they don't want to face Mag.  At this point the only server capable of facing Mag is BG, and maybe SoS when they had Indo.

4 hours ago, Evenge.4067 said:

Way too short of a relink period. It usually takes 2-3 weeks before the tiers have properly settled. After relinks my current server ended up in T1 the first week, and we clearly didn't belong there.  Maybe T2, maybe T3, but definitely not T1.

4 hours ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

You mean the world restructuring that's been in beta testing for a year now?  At this rate we'll have settlements on Mars before Anet actually releases it. And then we'd better hope and pray that the world restructuring team is more competent than the balancing team.

Edited by Ronin.4501
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

Wait a week until you go down to the next tier and they move up. (The bad thing about re-links is that eveyone is at a different tier again.) Once they are in tier 1 there should be with other strong servers - then no problem. And if they still manage to cap everythign during night ... accept them near the spawn and be ready to get kills without having to walk far away. (Some players usually always get bored and move too far away so they can get pulled.)

(World list in the wiki - where it shows that they are already tier 1 - actually seems not tooo imbalanced though. Victory-point wise.)

The good thing really is that they have to walk long. If you contest your keep (if they maxed it to t3 after capping everything) they will have to walk from SM. Other maps probably simlar. I often notice that people just want easy wins and don't really want to try to fight. Big queue if there are easy kills (even though it takes longer to walk to get them) ... empty maps when the enemy starts to get stronger. (When then you actually should have the queues to counter them.) Pretty weird ...

But a problem the players partly create themselves ... by not wanting to fight.

Edited by Luthan.5236

19 hours ago, Ronin.4501 said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Anet needs to restrict player transfers to the server(s) that end up linked to the host servers that are perennially in T1, at least for the first few weeks of a relink.  It's not that Mag (or any of the other servers that are always up in T1) are full, it's that their link servers quickly become bloated as well, and this is what makes for terrible matchups

block transfers completely, and right away, only allow 5% of players to transfer for the entire 8-week period and another 5% for the next 8-week period and so on. this should be what they will do with alliances + or - we immediately begin to get used to it then. 

I don't really know what anet is waiting for to do it. perhaps he is waiting for the archangel Gabriel to come down from heaven and give you permission to proceed.👼

On 10/9/2022 at 11:50 AM, Ronin.4501 said:

On 10/9/2022 at 11:33 AM, Xenesis.6389 said:

🤭

I'd personally LOVE for the gummies to be linkless.. It's not like being matched against people that play at 4am is awesome and a unqueued EB is an old dream.

On 10/9/2022 at 11:44 AM, Ronin.4501 said:

Gonna have to disagree with you there. When the Anet devs do show up in WvW, they play on Mag. This in turn skews their view of how things are going in the game mode overall.

On 10/9/2022 at 12:44 PM, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Have seen ANet devs also playing against Mag as well and then claiming SMC for ANet's guild. I don't disagree some will be playing there. What I can't state is the spread of all ANet employees across all servers

Can confirm the CEO of Anet is a white charr ele that runs around in goggles and a speedo, most Mag players are a state-of-the art botnet managed by the WvW team... This is why there's been so little content over the years.

• Haha 2

On 10/8/2022 at 3:41 PM, Labjax.2465 said:

Mag has some skilled strategic minds on it to an extent, that is evident, but overall skill by individual player? there's nothing skillful about greatly outnumbering the enemy because you just have so many more people on so much of the time. If you really want to challenge yourself, then swap servers to somewhere where you are greatly outnumbered most of the time and see how you fare. See how well it works rallying people to keep trying when you get stomped everywhere you go. People go out the same exit because it's the path of least resistance and the easiest to organize when there's no skilled commander around. Good luck getting people to rally to another BL or a non-standard exit with a bunch of pugs who are already way outnumbered and demoralized. Like seriously, go to a server that is not a main WvW server gathering and prove your skill by building up the server into something strong while being greatly outnumbered and demoralized on a regular basis. That'd be some impressive bragging rights. Showing up as part of the winners circle and laughing at people who have the odds stacked against them is an odd thing to brag about.

We have one person who does that, and then leaves for a different server when it's relink time. And it decimates the server they leave.

I have been part of Mag cloud since I started wvw. I am now part of the AR 'cloud' if you can call it that 🙂 . Any server will spawn camp if they don't have better content.

The objective of the game is winning. Everyone tries to play to their advantage. One of the ways Mag has figured to win PPT is to take your keep during the dead timezone between SEA and NA prime and spawn camp you until na prime. Because if they don't, you hide from them in the bls. Spawn camping is pretty boring but threads like these make it almost worth it. To all the people who say there are other exits etc., it doesn't work like that. Most good players log off if they are getting spawn camped and are outnumbered. What is left is the casuals who try to get participation for the week. They keep rallybotting until the rest of the good players log off as well if they don't get good content. You never get critical mass to take back your stuff, until a guild group logs in, because people see the state of affairs and log off in 5 minutes or go pve. That is the right thing to do as well in that situation. The few rare times Mag itself has been spawn camped, that is their response as well. They just log off to play other games or alts or go pve. Or get on your teef/ranger/dh and play the pew pew game in spawn try to score a kill with a pull or a snipe. Trust me no better way to hone your stunbreak reflex 🙂 There are kills to be had, some always over push. Don't complain about spawn camping -  you get participation, you have the spawn advantage, you don't have to go look for content. Just wait for critical mass before attempting to take back your keep and don't feed. 

To people who are saying that Mag is coming into bls as well, that seems to be true of late. My guess is that the whole alliancing stuff kinda left the 'cloud' players, server moms and roamers in other servers without a cause to fight for their home servers and made them consolidate in Mag giving it more coverage.

• Like 2