Why do you only care about raids?

Ordin.9047

8 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

That's just your own interpretation. You simply ascribe far greater importance to this content than it has. For content to be 'aspirational", it needs to be a goal for players, something they hope to eventually reach.

And it is, as shown by people who some time ago kept saying "they can't, they wont", but now... they do. Some of them of course will try to come to the forum and leverage easier/faster/free rewards, that will always happen no matter what you do. It doesn't change what that content and rewards are.

8 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

The reality is that most players do not raid not because they are not good enough

That's your own interpretation, which -from what we can observe- is mostly not true. Of course some people would rather tell you "I'm not interested" rather than "I don't want to improve, but still give me those optional rewards because totally unplayable without them".

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2

I just dont believe the line of thought along the lines of 'people dont do raids cuz they are bad' or 'people dont do raids cuz they are too hard'. Sure some raids are harder than others but come on, there are so many training guilds, lfgs and discords out there, we have so many guides and resources, we have Emboldened mode and specs that are very flexible and effective in their playstyle.

I would say people just dont raid cuz they dont like the grouping aspect or prefer to be solo somehow, or they just dont want to spend some time to learn mechanics

• Like 4
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, Machineuzi.5604 said:

I just dont believe the line of thought along the lines of 'people dont do raids cuz they are bad' or 'people dont do raids cuz they are too hard'. Sure some raids are harder than others but come on, there are so many training guilds, lfgs and discords out there, we have so many guides and resources, we have Emboldened mode and specs that are very flexible and effective in their playstyle.

I would say people just dont raid cuz they dont like the grouping aspect or prefer to be solo somehow, or they just dont want to spend some time to learn mechanics

It's ok to believe that, but we also had plenty of threads/posts saying that raids are somehow gatekept from the players, there's no way to start, nobody teaches them, "I don't want to play the piano" and so on.

Obviously if we'll try to generalize everything into some singular cause then no answer will be correct, including yours.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

On 10/9/2022 at 4:53 PM, Ordin.9047 said:

Again and again.... and again we see devs jumping on reddit to appease raiders/high level fractal crowds. Heck you even let them write some of the balance fixes. Your own metrics (if you even look at them) should show a vast majority of the player base could give a crap about this content. Now you are even giving us noob raids, in an effort to keep raids relevant. On the other hand, people who want a simple thing like the Mad King release time moved sooner get NOTHING of your time in the forums. The labyrinth will have a several full instances at anytime of the day. LA is always full also. Im sure that this event also jumps up the revenue stream more than any other event. You are ignoring and taking advantage of the vast majority of the player base, because they don't make any noise on reddit. Its a shame. anet is shameless.

They are American and in America it has been shown numerous times before that the one who screams the loudest gets what he wants.

• Confused 4
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, Machineuzi.5604 said:

OW metas have the same group aspect, yet those are fine for those who don't want to Raid. It's that you are required to do a certain minimum that bothers people, that's why OP used Soo-Won as an example in a thread about why Anet shouldn't focus on Raiders, except you don't have to give Anet reasons, since they already prioritize OW anyways.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

>OW metas have the same group aspect

Really? Excluding DE, when was the last time you interacted or coordinated with others in an open world squad in a meaningful way?

Like you can go through most OW metas without ever talking or interacting with anyone. I find it hard to compare OW zergs with raid groups that are much more intimate

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Machineuzi.5604 said:

>OW metas have the same group aspect

Really? Excluding DE, when was the last time you interacted or coordinated with others in an open world squad in a meaningful way?

Like you can go through most OW metas without ever talking or interacting with anyone. I find it hard to compare OW zergs with raid groups that are much more intimate

You clearly haven't Raided much my friend if you think people talk more in Raids than in OW. I'm suprised if I see people write more than 2 sentences through an entire Raid.

Compare that to metas, chat is much more lively there.

• Like 1

On 10/13/2022 at 9:41 PM, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

You clearly haven't Raided much my friend if you think people talk more in Raids than in OW. I'm suprised if I see people write more than 2 sentences through an entire Raid.

Compare that to metas, chat is much more lively there.

Yeah if you have the raid on farm sure you dont speak as much fair enough, but if you are a player getting into the raids (the demographic we are talking about) then its a much more different experience I would say. 

Edited by Machineuzi.5604

26 minutes ago, Machineuzi.5604 said:

Yeah if you have the raid on farm sure you dont speak as much fair enough, but if you are a player getting into the raids (the demographic we are talking about) then its a much more different experience I would say. 

Most of the trainees I have met so far don't speak a word other than a simple greeting, they listen to the explanation and that's all. Same as a Commander explaining the meta.

I've had plenty of OW/instanced content groups where people talk a lot or don't talk at all. I wouldn't say it's based on the content, but rather on the people (and that's still a simplified take, since the same [players can talk a lot or not at all depending on the specific day/moment/group/whatever else).

• Confused 1

Me personally, at the time of HoT is was the first time they actually did something mechanically interesting with the PvE enemies in this game. Was a total revelation. Much of the good design that came later in open world, strikes and Fractals were all derived from Raids. 
I solely play this game for the fun of those kind of challenges. Whether it's strikes or raids or other instanced content. When they had abandoned raids I abandoned the game. Only came back now for Strike CMs.

On 10/9/2022 at 4:51 PM, DylanLucas.6058 said:

Then why don't they have a path for example legendary armor that can be obtained by collections in the open world?

Me and plenty of others don't like raiding, but we like open world.

I m a bit late, but legendary weapons gen 1 to 3, trinkets... well most of them are all ow stuff. 

PvP players, raiders, wvwvwers everyone has to go and play ow *or press 1 10000000000 times and die of boredom.

Yet here you are qqing because you don t get 6 pieces  because you don t like the content?

Well a solution for you is to buy black lion keys to get the wardrobe unlocks. If you are lucky you can at least get the legendary armor skin.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, garkos.2973 said:

I m a bit late, but legendary weapons gen 1 to 3, trinkets... well most of them are all ow stuff. 

PvP players, raiders, wvwvwers everyone has to go and play ow *or press 1 10000000000 times and die of boredom.

Yet here you are qqing because you don t get 6 pieces  because you don t like the content?

Well a solution for you is to buy black lion keys to get the wardrobe unlocks. If you are lucky you can at least get the legendary armor skin.

Anet adds majority of the content to OW PvE: 
Silence

Anet adds some content for Raiders/PvP/WvW:
OW players moan that Anet focuses only on Raiders.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 10/9/2022 at 3:53 PM, Ordin.9047 said:

Im sure that this event also jumps up the revenue stream more than any other event

I'm sure they have numbers to tell if this is true or not. And given they don't promote this content and choose to aim for strikes instead, I really doubt this gives any revenue.

I mean, people spend hours in the Lab farming gold. Gold that will be turned into gems. Gems that won't be bought with real money.

3 hours ago, Telgum.6071 said:

I'm sure they have numbers to tell if this is true or not. And given they don't promote this content and choose to aim for strikes instead, I really doubt this gives any revenue.

I mean, people spend hours in the Lab farming gold. Gold that will be turned into gems. Gems that won't be bought with real money.

There wont be any gems to turn into from gold.

If not people bought gems with cold hard cash and turned them into gold.

So all gems bought with in game gold was once bought for cash do not worry.

10 hours ago, Telgum.6071 said:

The exchange isn't free, if players don't buy gems with real money then you can't buy gems with gold. The price would become way too expensive for even low cost items.