Add rare infusions to black lion chests?

Do you think super rare infusions like chak, confetti, khan ur, etc should be added to black lion chests as rare or super rare possible rewards? I think it would increase the sources of the infusions and make them more available while increasing profits for anet since people will buy more gems to get keys to try to get the infusions from the chests.

P.S: for the infusion haters, keep asking anet for the option to turn the effects off instead of attacking people who like them.

• Like 4
  • Confused 13

One of the complaints I see frequently in the forums is that, "All of the rewards in GW2 are purchasable in the store rather than earned in game."  Infusions are a notable exception to what many see -- rightly or wrongly -- as an overwhelming trend.  The OP's notion would definitely add fuel to that fire.  While I can understand the OP's desire to obtain a desired infusion by spending rather than playing, I'm concerned that were ANet to comply, they would be removing an incentive tor repeat older content, and that is definitely not in the best interests of the game.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Freya.9075 said:

I don't think it's a good idea. Some players already claim gw2 is pay to win. Lets not give them more reasons to say so by adding infusions with stats to black lion chests.

This.  There's already enough black lion exclusives.  Also it gives reasons for people to do metas or bosses.  You can already buy them off the trading post, that's enough for the credit card warriors to work with.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, IndigoSundown.5419 said:

One of the complaints I see frequently in the forums is that, "All of the rewards in GW2 are purchasable in the store rather than earned in game."  Infusions are a notable exception to what many see -- rightly or wrongly -- as an overwhelming trend.  The OP's notion would definitely add fuel to that fire.  While I can understand the OP's desire to obtain a desired infusion by spending rather than playing, I'm concerned that were ANet to comply, they would be removing an incentive tor repeat older content, and that is definitely not in the best interests of the game.

You don't really "earn" it, you just get it by pure luck, people will probably still do the metas to try to get it, the lootboxes from the 4 winds festival didnt make the infusion prices drop.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

1 hour ago, Farohna.6247 said:

This.  There's already enough black lion exclusives.  Also it gives reasons for people to do metas or bosses.  You can already buy them off the trading post, that's enough for the credit card warriors to work with.

The people who say that obviously have no idea what pay to win means. Infusions are just fancy skins, they dont give you anything more than an infusion with the same stats would give you except for the effect. You dont have to pay to have the best equipment in the game, you can get it by playing, black lion exclusives are just fancy skins, you dont need them for any reason other than to customise your character more while there are already thousands of skins in the game to choose from. Skins and effect from gemstore and black lion chests =/=pay to win. Those who think that are complete morons.

• Confused 5

Just now, andreiblue.8231 said:

The people who say that obviously have no idea what pay to win means. Infusions are just fancy skins, they dont give you anything more than an infusion with the same stats would give you except for the effect. You dont have to pay to have the best equipment in the game, you can get it by playing, black lion exclusives are just fancy skins, you dont need them for any reason other than to customise your character more while there are already thousands of skins in the game to choose from. Skins and effect from gemstore and black lion chests =/=pay to win. Those who think that are complete morons.

One could argue that the loot dropped from end game content is the end goal.  Therefore it wouldn't make sense to have infusions available from a loot box with the purchase of keys.  While it's not pay to win in the sense of having an edge over someone else, it is pay to get a cosmetic that other showed up and played the game for.

6 minutes ago, andreiblue.8231 said:

Dont those infusions have stats?

Besides the other reasons against it in this thread, I don't like the idea of diluting the permanent expresses.  Of which I think I've gotten one, maybe, in 10 years of opening chests.  (I don't recall if I did or not, it might have been a merchant express that I sold, the only two that have interested me were hair kit -- eventually I purchased one -- and bank express, still waiting for that to drop).  I mean sure, I would probably sell an infusion to cover buying a bank express, assuming similar rates, but the super rare drops are impossibly hard as it is without flinging more things into the mix.

• Like 1

On 10/9/2022 at 9:23 PM, Farohna.6247 said:

One could argue that the loot dropped from end game content is the end goal.  Therefore it wouldn't make sense to have infusions available from a loot box with the purchase of keys.  While it's not pay to win in the sense of having an edge over someone else, it is pay to get a cosmetic that other showed up and played the game for.

You can already buy it from the trading post by buying gems and converting them to gems so...

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

Just now, andreiblue.8231 said:

You can already buy it from the trading post by buying gems and converting them to gems so...

You can, so there is no need for yet another avenue.  Also that would be a guarantee, not a random loot box.  The conversion to good is dreadful, but it's someone's choice how to spend their time or money 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Farohna.6247 said:

You can, so there is no need for yet another avenue.  Also that would be a guarantee, not a random loot box.  The conversion to good is dreadful, but it's someone's choice how to spend their time or money 

It would increase sources of the infusion and increase purchases of keys so it's not like anet has a good reason not to do it.

• Confused 4