duoq completely kills pvp off prime time

Lighter.5631

i think duoq is fine during prime time

but other times when not many people playing, it just completely kills any competition

make pvp completely unplayable, not only you get matched with duoq way higher rating then you, yet you still lose 13+ rating, because the average rating is like gold 2 or something.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

Unranked is unplayable today apparently. 

Have tried 2 matches so far and just been farmed at spawn. If I was a new player entering the pvp scene in this state I would uninstall and never look back. 

I'm guessing the people trying to climb leaderboards are avoiding something in ranked? 

But yes, my ranked matches have been much better the past few days up until later in the evening. Less duo queues, less frequent obvious wintrades of people who forget how to dodge and use defensives in between queues. Different people other than the same 10-15 over and over again. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Bast.7253 said:

Have tried 2 matches so far and just been farmed at spawn. If I was a new player entering the pvp scene in this state I would uninstall and never look back. 

I'm guessing the people trying to climb leaderboards are avoiding something in ranked? 

I don't think they're avoiding anything besides their medication, but rather they're very impressed with themselves over their ability to 500-0 wipe every Unranked team they come across with their AT-ready 5-man sweat stack.

Occasionally it will be a team that is actually playing ATs and playing Unranked in between, they get a pass. Its the ones doing it for clout that are dumb enough to BM in Unranked from behind the safety of a 5 stack that make me question my own sanity, let alone their's.

• Like 1

ppl are selling those titles for real money and nothing is happening, we had accusations of wintrading gizmos and this prolly has happened before

a bunch of pros just got banned cuz there was an exposed coming from teapot, but not this time, i know the dude carries this community on his back, but welcoming these players in his tourneys for the sake of the show i dunno if it's the right move.

• Thanks 4

4 hours ago, Multicolorhipster.9751 said:

I don't think they're avoiding anything besides their medication, but rather they're very impressed with themselves over their ability to 500-0 wipe every Unranked team they come across with their AT-ready 5-man sweat stack.

Occasionally it will be a team that is actually playing ATs and playing Unranked in between, they get a pass. Its the ones doing it for clout that are dumb enough to BM in Unranked from behind the safety of a 5 stack that make me question my own sanity, let alone their's.

its funny when you dunk on them 1v1. then angry mob chases you down 1v3. classic 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Khalisto.5780 said:

a bunch of pros just got banned cuz there was an exposed coming from teapot, but not this time, i know the dude carries this community on his back, but welcoming these players in his tourneys for the sake of the show i dunno if it's the right move.

Yeah, cheaters need to be straight shunned from any/all tournaments and perma-banned in general.

GW2 is the only game I've ever seen where people, including the company & streamers, pat cheaters on the back and tell them good job. It's actually very very strange.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Leonidrex.5649 said:

its funny when you dunk on them 1v1. then angry mob chases you down 1v3. classic 

lol, one of my friends has some glorious ss from a self proclaimed best of class X in the game, when he won an 1v1, both same class, dude freaked out and immediatly stopped streaming and deleted the vod before ppl could clip it.

11 hours ago, Khalisto.5780 said:

lol, one of my friends has some glorious ss from a self proclaimed best of class X in the game, when he won an 1v1, both same class, dude freaked out and immediatly stopped streaming and deleted the vod before ppl could clip it.

its extra good when you make some troll build that shouldnt even get plat and kitten on them with this.
It was funny killing these scrubs with condi soulbeast 😄
Its so apparent they have absolutely no clue how to change how they fight, they just double down and try to brute force even harder.

32 minutes ago, Leonidrex.5649 said:

its extra good when you make some troll build that shouldnt even get plat and kitten on them with this.
Its so apparent they have absolutely no clue how to change how they fight, they just double down and try to brute force even harder.

This. Haha.

For some reason you really catch these types off guard when you use something that isn’t meta or has a gimmick. They’ll learn eventually but initially it’s like they just don’t know what to expect because they always get used to fighting the same builds.

But I think that’s true for anyone really. I know some thieves have caught me off guard with weird condi/scorpion wire builds. 

Core guards can be nasty too. One second you’re fighting a support guard, the next you’re suddenly dying to 12 stacks of burns that appeared out of nowhere. 

1 hour ago, Leonidrex.5649 said:

This dude is shitting on top player with builds those pros wouldnt even call viable, he mostly sits at low plat. He only plays offhours and mostly solo, when the pros thought they have q dodged all threats they stumble in a random dude with a random build and can't win, lmao.

I find amazing how abusing the matchmaking can inflate your mmr by 300+ rating

Edited by Khalisto.5780
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

18 hours ago, Bast.7253 said:

But yes, my ranked matches have been much better the past few days up until later in the evening. Less duo queues, less frequent obvious wintrades of people who forget how to dodge and use defensives in between queues. Different people other than the same 10-15 over and over again. 

unranked can turn into a nightmare if you gold 3+ and have a lot of games played on your account, honestly i rather try a new build in ranked and lose 200 rating in the proccess of learning it than risk going against a party of 3-4 plat players over and over and play respawn simulator.

4 hours ago, Khalisto.5780 said:

This dude is shitting on top player with builds those pros wouldnt even call viable, he mostly sits at low plat. He only plays offhours and mostly solo, when the pros thought they have q dodged all threats they stumble in a random dude with a random build and can't win, lmao.

you have no idea what you talking about don't you.

I'm the classic necro on that team, this guy is the weakest link of the team, while the rest are all decent.

this guy 1v1'ed ele for 1min+ while ele capped the point and held it, and he could not win the 1v1 yet he continues to do so.

luckily the thief did good plus

this mesmer build is so useless, a dualist build that could not contest point.

i guess it worked in that situation, cuz this cheap build allows him to live.

a noob who lives is still far better then a noob who uses useful build but get deleted all game.

as long as he keeps the better player busy in a 1v1, even on an enemy owned point, allows us to farm weaker enemies in way faster speed.

again, this build will never work prime time when average skill level is higher, only off hour when there's 0 team work, 0 rotation, but all selfish toxic sage/carrion builds that run around solo like it's wvw. which is also the reason why i ran necro.

again, as much as i dislike some of the "top players", it's definitely not this mesmer that's "shitting" on enemies.

Edited by felix.2386
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Khalisto.5780 said:

im at work so I can’t watch it but given his weapon choices it feels like he would be better off running that old condi chrono build that was popular a couple years ago. 

some core mes can be really irritating though. The bunker ones with high clone generation, invuln, etc. I don’t know how well it would perform in the current meta though with things like catalyst/Holo/vindicator with so many high damage cleave rapid attacks. 

I think just catching people off guard that are used to meta builds is easy enough but the problem is that they catch on quickly to the playstyle and learn, usually, how to counter it. Mesmer in particular is a victim of this and always has been. 

Engineers, mainly scrappers, can be really difficult to counter depending on what gimmicks they’re running. They’re either flamethrower chasing, knocking me around the map, or exploding 800 grenades in my face from stealth. Lol

or alien and his tool kit pull. 🤬 lol

36 minutes ago, felix.2386 said:

I'm the classic necro on that team, this guy is the weakest link of the team, while the rest are all decent.

this guy 1v1'ed ele for 1min+ while ele capped the point and held it, and he could not win the 1v1 yet he continues to do so.

a noob who lives is still far better then a noob who uses useful build but get deleted all game.

as long as he keeps the better player busy in a 1v1, even on an enemy owned point, allows us to farm weaker enemies in way faster speed.

again, this build will never work prime time when average skill level is higher, only off hour when there's 0 team work, 0 rotation, but all selfish toxic sage/carrion builds that run around solo like it's wvw. which is also the reason why i ran necro.

again, as much as i dislike some of the "top players", it's definitely not this mesmer that's "shitting" on enemies.

And yet he solos top 1 rank 1v1 lol

6 hours ago, Khalisto.5780 said:

The player he embarrassed was grimjack wasnt it? He is the only player narcissistic enough to be talking being the best all the time, kinda cringe tbh

2 hours ago, felix.2386 said:

He also plays core engi and core staff ele. At plat 1 in off hours.

20 hours ago, Leonidrex.5649 said:

Pffft for real, this is the real PvP endgame. Bonus point if their streaming they're spineless unranked wintrading practice for Ranked and you manage to interrupt it for them and the 3 moderators currently viewing.

9 hours ago, Leonidrex.5649 said:

Rabid ammy, maximum CC, and mobility stuffed between as many blocks, evades, and other invuln frames as is humanly possible.

There's your top player clown's day-ruining starter kit right there, and I suggest everyone takes it.

Let's be real; you're going to lose hopelessly to a 5 stack anyway, may as well use that time to live for spite and develop creative strategy.

And in the absence of passion there is no finer motivator than pure, unadulterated vitriol.

Edited by Multicolorhipster.9751
  • Thanks 1

On 10/11/2022 at 10:16 AM, Lighter.5631 said:

i think duoq is fine during prime time

but other times when not many people playing, it just completely kills any competition

make pvp completely unplayable, not only you get matched with duoq way higher rating then you, yet you still lose 13+ rating, because the average rating is like gold 2 or something.

Nope. Duo queue is NEVER fine. Duo queue needs to disappear. Today. NOW.

It has completely ruined pvp. I rather be farmed by a full 5-man than be fodder for duos that game the system.

On 10/12/2022 at 9:33 AM, Khalisto.5780 said:

This dude doesn't even play well....so confused