warrior struggles, unrewarding, unfun

eXruina.4956

the pure melee struggles are so unrewarding. there's so much 💩 in the game to deal with now and warrior can't deal with them.

in pvp war is probably faring a bit better since everyone is squish, but the 1:1 comparison in wvw is horrendous, specially since warrior is predominantly designed as melee and power.

some animation speeds are so slow that without quickness people can often just walk away from your attacks its just crazy. this applies to even the faster animation skills, and moreso when cripple and chill are in play.

then there's punching through aegis, blind, weakness, and when you finally land a hit 3k+ armor and protection.

warrior's only redeeming factor in the past was damage, if you can catch em, you definitely have the chance to kill them or gain initiative to close out the fight.

now they just run away and heal up, specially when against ranged classes with stealths and teleports you only really get those few windows.

and you're spent just closing the gap, trying to stay alive while landing whatever you can land,

if you're lucky/skilled, you'll get something to land, but that something will never be enough to kill, you'll be thankful if you get them low. and maybe you can close them out on the next rotation before their healing comes back up. if you even last that long.

i'm very grateful for the oct 4 changes, would be nice if we got to see the bugged stuff fixed, that might've changed some things.

really praying for some followthrough *namaste 🙏

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Anet's answer: Give Bull's Charge 2 ammo.

Edit: You laugh, but in your soul you know it to be true...

was it that telegraphed? 🤣

fr tho.. i'd seriously roll with a 2 ammo bull's charge if it fixes our problems, i just dread the unreasonable cd or some other nonsense they'll impose on it or something. 🤣

Edited by eXruina.4956
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, eXruina.4956 said:

was it that telegraphed? 🤣

About as telegraphed as an Earthshaker.

3 minutes ago, eXruina.4956 said:

fr tho.. i'd seriously roll with a 2 ammo bull's charge if it fixes our problems, i just dread the unreasonable cd or some other nonsense they'll impose on it or something. 🤣

5s between ammo uses, 60s recharge on each ammo, cause warrior.

• Haha 2

After the temporary breaching-strike-did-damage era, I’m fairly convinced giving Warrior more damage would fix a lot of its problems. 100b 2s cast, breaching strike +50% damage, increased values for t1 and t3 bursts, etc. 

I personally like the melee gameplay, otherwise I would play a different class. It’s fun to figure out ways to pick apart classes with their unique tools. However, I agree that even if you outplay, even if you land multiple burst skills, multiple CCs and combos, you sometimes just don’t put them down because you don’t do enough damage, and they can delete you in 1 combo. It’s much better now with defense imo, the passive sustain and new CI makes a world of a difference, but the damage is still lagging behind imo. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, oscuro.9720 said:

After the temporary breaching-strike-did-damage era, I’m fairly convinced giving Warrior more damage would fix a lot of its problems. 100b 2s cast, breaching strike +50% damage, increased values for t1 and t3 bursts, etc. 

I personally like the melee gameplay, otherwise I would play a different class. It’s fun to figure out ways to pick apart classes with their unique tools. However, I agree that even if you outplay, even if you land multiple burst skills, multiple CCs and combos, you sometimes just don’t put them down because you don’t do enough damage, and they can delete you in 1 combo. It’s much better now with defense imo, the passive sustain and new CI makes a world of a difference, but the damage is still lagging behind imo. 

^

If you're going to require warriors gap close vs rangers, mesmers, thieves, engies, eles, and revenants, they should be rewarded when they succeed at that. People have enough buttons and superspeed to outrun a class with tiny amounts of swiftness.

Its so weird that Anet seems averse to warrior doing damage when a lot of the setup to do the damage is reactable. Even more so when even minor adjustments to QoL for melee range gets power axed, as if they're terrified of the scenario that someone out of stunbreaks gets hit for over 8k from a war, while pushing higher numbers themselves.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

So we still have heightened focus in the game and we still had to get a reliable swiftness option in a very clunky elite spec. 

I stand by either making Speed on movement skills a replacement for Heightened Focus and BsW to receive another flow related trait. 

Also Aggressive Onslaught quickness movement meh. Make it a "Under the effects of Quickness, reduce debilitating condition duration" *cough* and finally make Frenzy remove immobs from you and Zerker stance to grant imunity to damaging conditions. 

2 hours ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

So we still have heightened focus in the game and we still had to get a reliable swiftness option in a very clunky elite spec. 

I stand by either making Speed on movement skills a replacement for Heightened Focus and BsW to receive another flow related trait. 

Also Aggressive Onslaught quickness movement meh. Make it a "Under the effects of Quickness, reduce debilitating condition duration" *cough* and finally make Frenzy remove immobs from you and Zerker stance to grant imunity to damaging conditions. 

You'll recall that at one point, prior to EoD being announced, I suggested that trait be made and put into Strength...

The AO movement increase is pretty nice tbh, they just need to adjust the other sources of quickness, like Axe4 and Martial Cadence, so that you don't need to rely on AO so much for the quickness.

Heightened Focus man... Just remove it.

Remove Vengeful Return.

Make Crack shot's effects baseline and remove it too.

Make FH baseline and move Warrior's Sprint into it's slot.

Move Brawler's Recovery into the Adept tier.

There would be plenty of room to add new things and new mechanics into Discipline. Like moving Martial Cadence into Heightened Focus' spot.  

Edited by Lan Deathrider.5910
typo
  • Like 1

It's funny, but I think core warrior is better than Spellbreaker for roaming right now.  It's still not as competitive as things like Willbenders and such, largely because it's so heavily shut down by blinds/blocks, but has much better damage. 

I think one of the major hinderances of warrior is that we just don't get the same depth of utility from class-specific design.  Spellbreaker has the potential to offset this with Full Counter, but its damage is just so heavily penalized in PvP/WvW.  Even then, the utility skills on this class are just stuck with such long cooldowns, which is particularly unfortunate when we don't have the same profession-specific utility like revenants with two legends, guardians with virtues, etc.

38 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

You'll recall that at one point, prior to EoZD being announced, I suggested that trait be made and put into Strength...

The AO movement increase is pretty nice tbh, they just need to adjust the other sources of quickness, like Axe4 and Martial Cadence, so that you don't need to rely on AO so much for the quickness.

Heightened Focus man... Just remove it.

Remove Vengeful Return.

Make Crack shot's effects baseline and remove it too.

Make FH baseline and move Warrior's Sprint into it's slot.

Move Brawler's Recovery into the Adept tier.

There would be plenty of room to add new things and new mechanics into Discipline. Like moving Martial Cadence into Heightened Focus' spot.  

I agree with everything and I do remember that part on movement skill swiftness. 

Given the fact they decided to give the non-SS stackable movement buff to quickness in strength and how sadly a swiftness source like this would compete too much in Discipline, maybe Arms could get something movement related. 

Or, a minor trait to replace Fast Hands could be exactly this. Movement skills grant swiftness. 

On 10/19/2022 at 11:19 AM, eXruina.4956 said:

animation speeds are so slow that without quickness people can often just walk away from your attacks

This is how I kill other warriors. There are just some attacks that you can move out of the way without hitting dodge. If you main warrior for long enough, their attacks become slow mo. From bull's charge to the bursts, it all becomes so evident, especially to ranged classes.

My solution: apply more auto pathing and short range gap closers. It's way to easy for ranged classes to slip away and for melee to whiff.

• Thanks 1

On 10/19/2022 at 6:25 PM, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Anet's answer: Give Bull's Charge 2 ammo.

Edit: You laugh, but in your soul you know it to be true...

imo shield bash should be what bull's charge is right now. It should be a decent gap closer. Maybe without the evade if that would be to strong but definitly in the 900 range department.

• Thanks 2

19 hours ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

^

If you're going to require warriors gap close vs rangers, mesmers, thieves, engies, eles, and revenants, they should be rewarded when they succeed at that. People have enough buttons and superspeed to outrun a class with tiny amounts of swiftness.

Its so weird that Anet seems averse to warrior doing damage when a lot of the setup to do the damage is reactable. Even more so when even minor adjustments to QoL for melee range gets power axed, as if they're terrified of the scenario that someone out of stunbreaks gets hit for over 8k from a war, while pushing higher numbers themselves.

You want to know the truth? They're scared. They're scared to buff damage because they know. They know that warriors will just roll over everything else. Warriors have basically fought and struggled with built-in limitations for years. They're used to that environment. You give them the tools that other classes have, they WILL excel.

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Verdict is Vengence.6912 said:

This is how I kill other warriors. There are just some attacks that you can move out of the way without hitting dodge. If you main warrior for long enough, their attacks become slow mo. From bull's charge to the bursts, it all becomes so evident, especially to ranged classes.

My solution: apply more auto pathing and short range gap closers. It's way to easy for ranged classes to slip away and for melee to whiff.

Except for when latency and enemy ping makes Bull's Charge an omnidirectional attack xD

It may hit sometimes. 

Other than that, I can easily dodge anything another warrior throws. Cause the other issue with warr is that it can't bait without burning CDs, unlike thief, mes etc. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

Except for when latency and enemy ping makes Bull's Charge an omnidirectional attack xD

It may hit sometimes. 

Other than that, I can easily dodge anything another warrior throws. Cause the other issue with warr is that it can't bait without burning CDs, unlike thief, mes etc. 

Often times non-warrior mains playing warrior just press buttons in rotation like they were playing other classes. You just have to step back and watch them combo the air lol.

• Haha 1

all jokes aside, overloading skills is very bad, as it simply lowers skill floor which is basically asking for more nerfs.

the best course of action is having more skill slots, flip skills, better combo abilities, or even higher frequency of skills activation while having less overloaded skills

• Like 1

man @felix.2386 overloaded skills? honestly lets have em',  every other class does in spades, 1 button stunbreaks that cleanses conditions and teleports you to safety, but wait thats not the only thing they got they have more, meanwhile they complain about shake it off? or full counter? garbage. i don't even give an f* about potential nerfs.

just give us that 2 charges of bull's charge on a 30s cd with 3 cleanse and stunbreak already please.

look at everything else thats out there and compare it to warrior, even other classes 2nd and 3rd options are pretty ok. and they've never been nerfed to the point where a kittening axe auto, one of our best weapons, in wvw, in full power gear, f*in 700+ crit on one of the rolls, against a sentinel. and that was with a few might stacks. f*in hell.

i've rocked willbender, a single elite spec, and it LITERALLY makes the entirety of warrior and all its elite specs and struggles a big joke, you can build it any which way to boot, power, condi, cele hybrid.

feb 2020 was one hell of a *fix to warrior. they fixed it so good its garbage for another 10 years worth of buffs 🤣

Edited by eXruina.4956
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, eXruina.4956 said:

man @felix.2386 overloaded skills? honestly lets have em',  every other class does in spades, 1 button stunbreaks that cleanses conditions and teleports you to safety, but wait thats not the only thing they got they have more, meanwhile they complain about shake it off? or full counter? garbage. i don't even give an f* about potential nerfs.

just give us that 2 charges of bull's charge on a 30s cd with 3 cleanse and stunbreak already please.

look at everything else thats out there and compare it to warrior, even other classes 2nd and 3rd options are pretty ok. and they've never been nerfed to the point where a kittening axe auto, one of our best weapons, in wvw, in full power gear, f*in 700+ crit on one of the rolls, against a sentinel. and that was with a few might stacks. f*in hell.

i've rocked willbender, a single elite spec, and it LITERALLY makes the entirety of warrior and all its elite specs and struggles a big joke, you can build it any which way to boot, power, condi, cele hybrid.

feb 2020 was one hell of a *fix to warrior. they fixed it so good its garbage for another 10 years worth of buffs 🤣

You do realize I was joking about charges on Bull's Charge right?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1