Miniatures in WvW

jballstars.8219

15 minutes ago, Chaba.5410 said:

I bet that if miniatures were automatically turned off upon entering a WvW map, the number of forum posts by PvE players who only come to WvW to get their Gift of Battle and complaining about being killed all the time in a PvP game mode would drop significantly.

Awww look at Mr Edgy with his passive aggressive dig,  let the haters hate.  No one here complains about dying we have fun or die trying and give two poops what you think about us.   We WvW daily and don’t run from fights like so called fight guilds.   

• Confused 2

15 minutes ago, jballstars.8219 said:

Awww look at Mr Edgy with his passive aggressive dig,  let the haters hate.  No one here complains about dying we have fun or die trying and give two poops what you think about us.   We WvW daily and don’t run from fights like so called fight guilds.   

No one complains about that, huh?   You sure about that?

I agreed, turn the miniatures off.  Kill two birds with one stone.  Unfortunate that you thought I was talking about you.

Edited by Chaba.5410
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Chaba.5410 said:

No one complains about that, huh?   You sure about that?

I agreed, turn the miniatures off.  Kill two birds with one stone.  Unfortunate that you thought I was talking about you.

Gee , sorry, you posted it on the thread I created how dare I think a response in my thread is to me.  See folks take digs at our guild because of the size, popularity , etc.   Since we are PvX, they think calling us PvE is a slight.  Hence my defensive stance,  I am married and used to being wrong.  I ❤️ ViP!

Edited by jballstars.8219
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, Strider Pj.2193 said:

If you are commander and it bugs you, kick the person with it, lock the squad and tell them they can rejoin when the drop the mini.  

I think it's unfair to put the onus of mini management on the squad leader. There are always pugs who follow tags around even when the squad is open (for various reasons) and you can ask them nicely sure, but as a squad you basically get punished if the person ignores the ask. And the commander shouldn't have to lock their entire squad just to keep a person with a mini out if they want to keep it open in general for people on map. I have also been in too many skirmishes where the player with the mini was deliberately trolling (whether because of spying or for kicks or who knows why), though that was more in T2 and T1 matchups and less in T3. Considering I've only gotten into wvw in the past 6 months, I think it's clearly a problem if even I have noticed it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Maybe try and talk to the player?

1 hour ago, jballstars.8219 said:

Talking to players in an MMO WHY DIDNT I THINK OF THIS?   I have an LT who spams map , squad, and say chat, and in three different languages for that matter, asking nicely and informatively as to why they should have their miniature unchecked. 

HAHAHAHA. So true. Talking to a person with a mini is literally the FIRST thing anyone does. It's what people do to me when I forget to turn my mini off.

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Poisonfrog.9812 said:

I think it's unfair to put the onus of mini management on the squad leader. There are always pugs who follow tags around even when the squad is open (for various reasons) and you can ask them nicely sure, but as a squad you basically get punished if the person ignores the ask. And the commander shouldn't have to lock their entire squad just to keep a person with a mini out if they want to keep it open in general for people on map. I have also been in too many skirmishes where the player with the mini was deliberately trolling (whether because of spying or for kicks or who knows why), though that was more in T2 and T1 matchups and less in T3. Considering I've only gotten into wvw in the past 6 months, I think it's clearly a problem if even I have noticed it.

People x up in chat for an invite.  

Not complicated.  If the commander can’t be bothered well then, they aren’t worried about being invisible.  🤷😉

• Confused 2

Please remove them from the WvW game mode, as this is a competitive game mode and there is no advantage to having them out.  With the exception of the player that forgets to put theirs away, enemies can follow it to their location.  At best this just trolling players.  I think it would help with server stability as well as it one less thing to render.  I believe in PvP, all the minis stay at the starting location, why can't WvW be the same way.  Thank you for your time.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

7 hours ago, jballstars.8219 said:

As to your concern for  alliances and post alliance changes ever happening due to this simple change is kind of ridiculous to suggest something as simple as this should delay progress whatsoever.   

Actually no, consider how long it took us to get Leggo jewelry to be hidden. Mini's could be in the same category. I would have thought it ridiculous that WvW resources would have been pulled for EoD, so your mileage will vary. Again good to ask for but, to ANet if that means resources pulled from WvW changes than no, would prefer that time or budget spent elsewhere. 

6 hours ago, Baked Goods.9428 said:

SIGNED. Auto-disable them in WvW

Major Hyperbole detected.

No, being serious, many new players are turned away from WvW when they are shouted down by map chat. Big guilds need to think what they shout out in map chat or more than normally team chat. It also discourages legit questions from new player and does not help WvW players trying to help others without them being in our guild. 

I would avoid making this into a matchup thread if you want to actually try and bring up a point and have the thread get attention. Chaba is pretty neutral in their points and looks at multiple sides in topics. To get the best results stick to you what you think this should be changed and why and stop viewing it as my guild is under attack. As I said I think they should have from the start as well but there is already a solution to this out there and if players choose not to, its them making a choice. If you didn't pay for their game you don't have a right to tell them not to, even if I would never run with a mini. That could be impactful on their gameplay and their fun. Again stick to the benefits to all sides and don't read into what you may think is its about them against my guild. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Poisonfrog.9812 said:

HAHAHAHA. So true. Talking to a person with a mini is literally the FIRST thing anyone does. It's what people do to me when I forget to turn my mini off.

And did you choose to turn it off or leave it on? And if so either way, why if you don't mind me asking?

After rereading my reply I realized I did not actually ramble enough which can also at times be bad. To Chaba's point we see a lot of GoB only non-WvWers player complaining that they were stalked by WvW players even when were on heavy stealth toons and when asked about whether they used minis would say yes. Many here are PvX players but we also get a lot of pure PvE players here trying to get GoB and then running into trouble when trying to roam to get it and don't know how they were tracked while they had their mini out. So Chaba's point on two stones was more to fix more than just a WvW issue but also the issue about PvErs that aren't used to the game mode. And Chaba if I misread that I am not trying to put words in your post and if did sorry about that.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

After rereading my reply I realized I did not actually ramble enough which can also at times be bad. To Chaba's point we see a lot of GoB only non-WvWers player complaining that they were stalked by WvW players even when were on heavy stealth toons and when asked about whether they used minis would say yes. Many here are PvX players but we also get a lot of pure PvE players here trying to get GoB and then running into trouble when trying to roam to get it and don't know how they were tracked while they had their mini out. So Chaba's point on two stones was more to fix more than just a WvW issue but also the issue about PvErs that aren't used to the game mode. And Chaba if I misread that I am not trying to put words in your post and if did sorry about that.

You hit the nail on the head.

Autodisabling minis when entering wvw would make wvw more friendly to those types of players who don't have the knowledge regarding the mechanic that is putting them at a disadvantage before a fight even started. Why frustrate them more then neccessary? Give them a better chance.

Edited by Chaba.5410

On 10/21/2022 at 12:55 PM, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Maybe try and talk to the player? Nothing wrong with asking for the change, but don't slow down the limited coding the game mode gets now or we will never get Alliances and post Alliance changes in place.

It's a nice idea, and I'd guess about half will do it if asked.  Others will ignore it (typically not in the squad and not bothering to read SAY chat) or will get antagonistic about it - in the past,  I've seen people start throwing troll siege, calling attention to the tag, wasting supplies, etc., because someone politely asked for mini's to be stowed.  Given time and a tool, a troll will find a way to abuse it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 10/21/2022 at 1:07 PM, Ceana.8164 said:

I would like to see this as well. Is it possible just to have a yes/no statement somewhere in the code that Minatures render = Yes or No on the wvw maps?

Alternatively, could it be set up so minis in WvW instances only render for the player with the mini?  It wouldn't be the first thing that renders differently in WvW, like name-tags for instance.

• Like 1

On 10/21/2022 at 1:47 PM, Strider Pj.2193 said:

Ahahhahah!!  

That’s how we know the newbies!

Look, if you can’t be bothered to turn them off, it’s on you.

If you are commander and it bugs you, kick the person with it, lock the squad and tell them they can rejoin when the drop the mini.  

I would agree with this if it only affected the person, but very often, the mini is deleterious to a whole group running under a commander.

• Thanks 1