Maguuma.. Omnipotent, and underrated. Why stacking is a dumb idea. Policing T1.

jul.7602

I hope everyone had a nice break with alliances last week. I just wanted to clear up some confusion I've been reading on the forum. So lately I've seen a lot of threads along the lines that "Maguuma is too big and ruining the fun for others", or some other nonsense complaint. First of all, Maguuma is not a numerically superior server like many people claim. As of writing, Maguuma/AR is full/high respectively. Servers like SBI/DH were at one point *both full*, and even ET/IoJ with the Indo bandwagon was considered to be quite large as well. So let's think about this for a second before we start making up conspiracy theories or excuses on how X, Y and Z are outnumbered. There is no evidence based on publicly available server data that Maguuma (or even BG) are significantly outnumbering their opponents in T1. 

The second issue I think is more fundamental. "Why are we not having fun in T1 against Maguuma and Blackgate?". Well that's because its T1. You're not supposed to have fun in T1. You've made it T1 because of stacking/bandwagonning (like ET and SBI), and now you are being "policed". If you don't want to be in T1, stop stacking/bandwagon-ing your server, it's ruining the game for everyone. People need to understand that for matchmaking to balanced, T1 needs to be difficult and painful, because if it isn't, what's going to stop servers like DH/SBI or ET/IoJ from stacking their way to T1? People should really be cheering Maguuma, (and to a lesser extend blackgate) for keeping order in the system. This game is stuffed full of people that want nothing but easy bags/kills and so they just stack whatever the next server is. They can get bags farming T3 and T2, but eventually they go to T1 where they face... equal numbers and organization. Then they get absolutely demolished. The system is working as intended, and if you are unhappy, just stop stacking your server and you will drop to t2 or below.

Edited by jul.7602
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

• jul.7602 changed the title to Maguuma.. Omnipotent, and underrated. Why stacking is a dumb idea. Policing T1.

Naw, you need to understand how bizarre this would read to 90% of the playerbase. I've dealt with imbalanced mag matchups multiple times now, I don't even know what server stacking is and I've never changed servers. Most people don't understand or care about your t1 WvW politics, I'm already in the minority for even reading this. What people do care about is whether they can get enjoyment. And pretending like you're helping that by "policing" people who clearly aren't being stopped by what you're supposedly doing, since you continue to behave the same way and make the same excuses for it over time, is absurd. Whatever you're doing is annoying people who just want a decent matchup, not creating better balance. And I've seen the mocking posts directed toward people who complain about mag; the admonishments about skill, the "they're laughing at you", and so on. I won't accuse you of being part of that, idk what your part in this is, but overall, mag's attitude (and the attitude of those who look down on anyone who complaints about them) comes across as little more than an ego trip built around a fleeting server identity in a video game.

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, jul.7602 said:

The second issue I think is more fundamental. "Why are we not having fun in T1 against Maguuma and Blackgate?". Well that's because its T1. You're not supposed to have fun in T1. You've made it T1 because of stacking/bandwagonning (like ET and SBI), and now you are being "policed".

^^That just states how deep your head is buried in your ***.
Most servers are force into T1 due to other 2 servers stop playing from mid week.

So the server with most VP has nowhere else to go but pushed into T1.

43 minutes ago, lotus.5672 said:

Thanks for clearing things up, Chief of WvW Police! 👍

I hope Chief of WvW Police has a parachute with him for next week.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Sleepwalker.1398 said:

Most servers are force into T1 due to other 2 servers stop playing from mid week.

So the server with most VP has nowhere else to go but pushed into T1.

Still a choice.  Your server chooses to continue playing.  

I am not arguing that it seems like a counterintuitive system:  Not playing in order to lose which allows you to ‘win’.  

🤷

Obviously someone on the server that moves up cares to push it to T-1.  It’s quite easy…. Bag farm and don’t cap.  Participation continues, but you don’t gain points.  Servers do it now.

59 minutes ago, Strider Pj.2193 said:

Still a choice.  Your server chooses to continue playing.  

I am not arguing that it seems like a counterintuitive system:  Not playing in order to lose which allows you to ‘win’.  

🤷

Obviously someone on the server that moves up cares to push it to T-1.  It’s quite easy…. Bag farm and don’t cap.  Participation continues, but you don’t gain points.  Servers do it now.

Remmember when Anet sayd they want to reward everyoone equally? So  in terms of rewards if u dont play ur rewarded as well   :X

Workign as intended.

What cracks me up is people think since mag seemingly does it, their server can mindlessly cloud around and do the same thing. Y'all been duped. Mag clouds do the same things comp'd groups do to fight large numbers. Just like many years ago when they were bullying Blackgate into hibernation, they tend to fight with a common focus, whereas most other servers/players are selfish and refuse to conform.

Anet has never straight killed a server because they were strong or stacked. Its up to the players to figure out how to combat mag. A lot of other ways besides just fighting them.

9 hours ago, jul.7602 said:

You've made it T1 because of stacking/bandwagonning (like ET and SBI), and now you are being "policed".

lol. Oh hai.

Dear Jul, I may have defended Mag from my own server asking for Anet to do something last week, but that was more of an issue people need to understand playstyles and adjust versus just run out and expect if they do 'x' they get 'y'. Not saying I have seen any of ANet's math for making links and I would expect some weirdness after betas since we have now seen that many times after the tests. But your facts fall short. Mag was suppose to be T2 after beta, DH/SBI was suppose to fall to T3 but after beta stayed in T2. As far as stacking, sorry we haven't really seen that many new faces so want to try another random guess? As far as policed, each time your peeps were lured from EB they were tasty treats since they couldn't use numbers. Always funny when you see one run after getting shot once, a second run after the first did and then the third not realizing they have no back up goes down thinking they had server mates to back them up. Granted they attacked in the first place since they were going 3 v 1. Sorry what story are you trying to sell? 

Edited by TheGrimm.5624
spelling