Can we get a playable open world mesmer spec that doesn't rely on single-target damage, or gimmicks (pull, lining up)?

rune.9572

I decided to play the krait instances of the latest LS1 reboot today and it. Was. A. Slogfest.

• Power virtuoso? Single target line-them-up.
  • Condi mirage? Single-target, slow DoT. Yawn.
  • Condi virtuoso? Just a sum of pvirt and cmirage flaws.
  • Power chrono? Pull-based gimmick with long cds, still single-target because... clones... yeah

Then I swapped to my firebrand and just stood there spamming tome 1 skills while everything died.

Hello? Can we get something playable here that doesn't make every 3+ trash mob fight a slogfest? Please?

Edited by rune.9572
what's up with this forum and double spacing paragraphs
  • Like 4
  • Confused 4

for open world power mirage with sword/sword or sword/pistol and greatsword combined with the sigil that completely refills your endurance after each kill is pretty fun. Standard marauder or berserker stats with fireworks runes, stamina, celerity and rage sigils. Traitlines domination, dueling and ofc mirage. Blink, illusionary ambush and jaunt as utility and you have insane mobility and good cleave aswell as lots of cc.

• Like 2

chaos vortex should have been an actual aoe vortex

and winds of chaos should have been old guardian lootstick, because it's literally called "winds" of chaos, not bouncy ball of chaos

change my mind 

i been saying this since launch of mesmer, and then launch of mirage 

and then launch of virt i said we still shouldn't have had EVEN MORE projectiles in the form of F keys 

this whole "bAlNaCE tEAm" has been infuriating to listen to since launch, only ever testing on target golems, no matter how many new teams/people they get since launch, it's been extremely disheartening to watch this game age  

i will say though

2 hours ago, rune.9572 said:

2 hours ago, rune.9572 said:

Then I swapped to my firebrand and just stood there spamming tome 1 skills while everything died.

i'm a pvp player in most games, but i do come back to this games pve as it launches

and the absolute low effort i have to put into to get value from condi mirage is insane 

it's not really just "single target" since clones spawn at angles and mostly clean up, and it might be "slower" i guess than FB, but you just don't die and everything else around you dies... sooo... i mean it's "there" maybe weaker than other options, it's just not "fun", but neither is FB 1 spamming, is it?

Edited by Alpha.1308
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ferus.3165 said:

for open world power mirage with sword/sword or sword/pistol and greatsword combined with the sigil that completely refills your endurance after each kill is pretty fun. Standard marauder or berserker stats with fireworks runes, stamina, celerity and rage sigils. Traitlines domination, dueling and ofc mirage. Blink, illusionary ambush and jaunt as utility and you have insane mobility and good cleave aswell as lots of cc.

Not really, You have good burst that works well on trash, but as soon as you hit a champ or even a buff Vet your dps crashes compared to other classes tbh, all the while the Mesmer is exerting more effort and getting that hard dps slump when they try to deal sustained damage.

I know the builds the OP mentioned and power sword or GS can work, but I agree with the OP that if the players goal is to clear the content without allot of extra hassle due to class than Mesmer is a poor choice compared to most other class options. It just is.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, rune.9572 said:

I decided to play the krait instances of the latest LS1 reboot today and it. Was. A. Slogfest.

• Power virtuoso? Single target line-them-up.
  • Condi virtuoso? Just a sum of pvirt and cmirage flaws.
  • Power chrono? Pull-based gimmick with long cds, still single-target because... clones... yeah

Hello? Can we get something playable here that doesn't make every 3+ trash mob fight a slogfest? Please?

You complain about the single target only skills, and the fact that you can group up mobs. Why would grouping up mobs matter if these specs were only single target…. Oh right grouping them up for AoE and Cleaving with the not single target skills !?!!!?!??

You might not recognize that Mesmer has more ramp time given the clones/blades mechanics. This is one of the trade offs for choosing Mesmer. I’ve been playing Powerbomb Revenant for a few weeks and it is absolutely faster and easier than Mesmer, but I’d expect that since it is one of several professions that do not have to ramp up its DPS via profession mechanics. Same as most specs from Ranger, Guardian, Elementalist, Thief and a selection of Engineer builds.

Necro, Warrior and Mesmer all have to build their profession mechanics in combat which can slow them down when killing smaller groups of mobs.  You generally can’t shatter, use adrenaline skills or use Shroud until the profession resources are charged up.   It was one of the advantages of Virtuoso, that you could stock blades out of combat, and when you have your blades stocked going into combat, that next encounter is way faster. 

• Like 2

Mirage.

I just wish that Mirage dodge was completely redone to actually dodge something.

Its effect lasts literally half a second while static, still susceptible to interrupts, knockbacks, downs, ups, sideways, and every other form of damage that exists on tyria.

Mirage dodge is useless.

Period!

Needs to either be increased in time and effectiveness; or just make it a teleportation dodge. Like staff 2 as standard, but able to teleport to the direction pressed.

Also it's F skills are just core.

Mirage needs new F skills.

Chronomancer.

Needs also to be more like Virtuoso.

But summon shields around it instead of swords. 

Those shields can be lanunched at foes, otherwise rotate around caster, blocking one attack and rebounce projectiles.

They are one use only, but keep respawning like swords on virt.

Can be launched one by one, with F1, 2 with F2, so on.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

On 10/30/2022 at 10:46 AM, Mungo Zen.9364 said:

You complain about the single target only skills, and the fact that you can group up mobs. Why would grouping up mobs matter if these specs were only single target…. Oh right grouping them up for AoE and Cleaving with the not single target skills !?!!!?!??

You might not recognize that Mesmer has more ramp time given the clones/blades mechanics. This is one of the trade offs for choosing Mesmer. I’ve been playing Powerbomb Revenant for a few weeks and it is absolutely faster and easier than Mesmer, but I’d expect that since it is one of several professions that do not have to ramp up its DPS via profession mechanics. Same as most specs from Ranger, Guardian, Elementalist, Thief and a selection of Engineer builds.

Necro, Warrior and Mesmer all have to build their profession mechanics in combat which can slow them down when killing smaller groups of mobs.  You generally can’t shatter, use adrenaline skills or use Shroud until the profession resources are charged up.   It was one of the advantages of Virtuoso, that you could stock blades out of combat, and when you have your blades stocked going into combat, that next encounter is way faster. 

in fairness, isnt that his complaint tho? Just that its base weapon skills generally lack burst? Like I mean scrapper u can just run up and ham 2 and 1 shot groups of mobs in LW/OW content all day. (5+2 even better but some ramp). Its cause they get more weapon damage AND a trait that makes the opening attack CRAZY high that is refreshed each time they dodge? I know Mirage Axe is condi so it has ramp up and ambush damage is pretty dependent upon clones. I think tho that all of those components are baked into his complaint without being explicitly said. Maybe not I guess but that was my impression.

Edited by Moradorin.6217

Yeah this is a bit of a silly complaint

Virtuoso
I made this diagram a while ago when people said Virtuoso was to hard to play.
https://imgur.com/QUVe0b4
Essentially is just comes down to Temporal Curtain and Into the Void.

Mirage
You can AoE with any shatter by using the Maim the Disillusioned and with the number of clones you can spawn you can spam this pretty much. Axe 2 + Dodge twice then Shatter Or Axe 2 twice + Dodge then Shatter

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Confused 4

youre comparing mesmer with firebrand... i mean mesmer is one of the most gimmiky classes, you could use a mantra and wells with chrono, use gs and youll have good area dmg there, but firebrand is literally spamm aoe dmg, braindead almost entirely.

Have you thought that maybe you dont like mesmer playstile? theres nothing bad with that

• Like 1