Create your own Links!

Xenesis.6389

Everyone thinks Anet does a bad job of linking. So let's do an experiment.

What do you think should be the current links and even tiers? considering your experience in game versus various servers, some say language shouldn't be a restriction, some think it should be a restriction, some say their full server isn't full, some say some servers are fuller than they're listed, and some say some server don't need a link. Don't worry about raw numbers because we don't have access to those, but the listed populations levels, and your in game experience.

So go ahead and list what you think the current links should be, or even what it should be in the upcoming relinks at the end of the month. Now here's the current list of servers to help you out, and concurrently, also my own list of links, meaning, put it back to no links until WR is done! 🤭

Blackgate Full
Fort Aspenwood Full
Gate of Madness Full
Isle of Janthir Full
Jade Quarry Full
Maguuma Full
Stormbluff Isle Full
Tarnished Coast Full
Darkhaven Very High
Sanctum of Rall Very High
Sea of Sorrows Very High
Anvil Rock High
Borlis Pass High
Crystal Desert High
Devona's Rest High
Dragonbrand High
Ehmry Bay High
Eredon Terrace High
Ferguson's Crossing High
Henge of Denravi High
Northern Shiverpeaks High
Sorrow's Furnace High
Yak's Bend High
Kaineng Medium

Desolation Full
Far Shiverpeaks Full
Gandara Full
Seafarer's Rest Full
Whiteside Ridge Full
Aurora Glade Very High
Gunnar's Hold Very High
Piken Square Very High
Ring of Fire Very High
Ruins of Surmia Very High
Blacktide High
Underworld High
Vabbi High
Fissure of Woe

Medium

Drakkar Lake

DE

Full

Elona Reach DE Full
Miller's Sound DE Very High
Riverside DE Very High
Abaddon's Mouth DE High
Dzagonur DE Medium
Kodash DE Medium

Baruch Bay

ES

Very High

Augury Rock

FR

Full

Arborstone FR Medium
Fort Ranik FR Medium
Jade Sea FR Medium
Vizunah Square FR Medium

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The reason linking doesn't work is because as soon as the links are announced, Anet makes money.  The only way to start fixing the matching system is to take money away from Anet.  Turn off server transfers for 2 weeks before links are announced.  And, do not allow transfers until 2 full weeks after relinks.  That would give the stackers less opportunity to manipulate the matches they play in.

Edited by Ubi.4136
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I cant do any list cause servers have  diferent population peak timezones, to pair them against each other i had to know where the population peak timezone and put those servers within similiar scope figthing each other.

I would never pair a ocx mostly server to fight  most NA timezone server...

Edited by Aeolus.3615

5 minutes ago, Aeolus.3615 said:

I cant do any list cause servers have  diferent population peak timezones, to pair them against each other i had to know where the population peak timezone and put those servers within similiar scope figthing each other.

I would never pair a ocx mostly server to fight  most NA timezone server...

What happens if a player run OCX prime for 3 days of the week, NA prime 2 days of the week and stand AFK in garri for the other 2 days? 

1 minute ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

What happens if a player run OCX prime for 3 days of the week, NA prime 2 days of the week and stand AFK in garri for the other 2 days? 

That made me question if participation should be inquired has a racio to measure as well but ill try to keep it within the KISS principle, so population overall is what matters at the end., compare min - max and try to pair the servers with  the closest scope ofc that wil still lead to  server have more or less than others, but would try to minimize the full omni queue blob vs a empty server.

Yours is an impossible request.

With the current transfer conditions I would not know where to start. The solution in any case is ''alliances'' its logic is perfect. If you have many small pieces to build (and each piece corresponds to a precise number of players because you will have to select your alliance before each reconnection and Anet can count you with extreme precision) you can get many servers, many teams really very similar. 

With alliances they promised to put transfers under control, so another problem solved. Only the last step is missing, let's contextualize alliance in this mode of world vs world. We give more time to the new servers, so that players can make a group, we build a leaderboard and a tournament to win for all the new servers. One season a year or two seasons a year, let's decide it together is always good. 

And finally WWW will get what it deserves for so long.

then.......... long after........... We will think and ask to solve the problem of coverage in terms of competition (to make this great competition more and more credible) will be another hard work for development, because the only way to solve it in my opinion is with a dynamic system, a sort of automatic counter of online players to adjust the coefficients of war points, That all players will try to achieve by any means possible because everyone will want to win their seasonal tournament.

@OP

I'd like to suggest that players be allowed to pick their own - Weekly Match-Ups.

Solution - Modify current Server Guesting mechanic into a Server Raiding option.

Guild Wars 2: How To Use Guesting

Steps needed to transform WvW & use Server Raiding:

1)    Assign one to four maps to a server to defend as their "Home World".
2)    Allow players to enter their "Home World" maps through any Red way point.
3)    Allow players to "Raid" their 2 Chosen Enemy based maps through any Blue or Green way point.

4)    Only reward players when they fight on their "Home World", or on an Enemy map ranked Higher than their Home Server's Rank.

5)    "Home World" Server Rank points are increased based on the earned rewards of its citizen.

6)    Server Ranking is evaluated & re-assigned weekly based on a King of the Hill model for each region. i.e. - NA, EU, AS

Full context & detailed solution:
[ WvG ] - World vs Globes - road map to - [ Reboot WvW ]
https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/89449/wvg-world-vs-globes/p1

Yours truly,
Diku

Credibility requires critical insight & time.
#MyEoDPurchaseComingSoon
#AlliancesWhen
#RoadMapWhen

JOINED - September 19, 2017 - Click my profile
2022.11.05 - Current Total posts = 457

Edited by Diku.2546