POLL: The Quest for The Skyscale: The Long and Grindy Road

Silent.6137

The Quest for The Skyscale: The Long and Grindy Road  

285 members have voted

1. 1. Do you find the quest for Skyscale adequate, too easy or too hard?

• It's too easy to obtain. Need more collections categories
    • It's fine the way it is especially for a premium mount.
    • Could do with a little tweak. Fewer collection steps.
    • Too grindy. Get rid of any time-gates and reduce collection steps drastically.
    • I want a Skyscale but I don't want to put in any effort at all. Make it a NPC item.
    • Put it on Gem Store. I'm rich, you know.
    • I don't need no stinking Skyscale. I have my Griffon, Roller Beetle and Raptor.
    • Others: Please specify.

5 minutes ago, Dayra.7405 said:

Yeah, probably people would do it without complain, if the reward would be just 10 AP and not something the urgently want. šŸ™‚

Maybe they should focus more on the gameplay itself instead of "just wanting the reward now" šŸ˜‰

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 4
  • Confused 2

26 minutes ago, Dayra.7405 said:

Yeah, probably people would do it without complain, if the reward would be just 10 AP and not something the urgently want. šŸ™‚

Ā 

That's it in a nutshell isn't it, if long term objectives had rubbish rewards then no-one would do them, we want nice rewards for long term objectives.Ā 

Some people see those rewards and ignore the long term objective aspect and tell themselves a story why its unfair/grind/ludicrous/bad design etc that they cant get the long term goal quickly therefore turning a long term objective into a short term objective (??) - back to no desirable long term objectives again!

Considering this is a long term objective on par with a legendary, and long term objectives can take anywhere up to a couple years, OP is plainly wrong, a couple weeks is NOT ludicrous, in fact its arguably far too easy to obtain as a premium end game goal for a game with no gear treadmill.

Edited by vesica tempestas.1563
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

33 minutes ago, vesica tempestas.1563 said:

Considering this is a long term objective on par with a legendary, and long term objectives can take anywhere up to a couple years, OP is plainly wrong, a couple weeks is NOT ludicrous, in fact its arguably far too easy to obtain as a premium end game goal for a game with no gear treadmill.

Think you're commenting this in the wrong thread?

• Confused 1

29 minutes ago, Silent.6137 said:

Think you're commenting this in the wrong thread?

Not necessarily, when talking about skyscale as an optional longer term/higher effort goal where the game can still be easly played without it, by using other mounts based on what the situation requires. It has a direct relation to the "problem" arising from people trying to rush for the reward/s and getting annoyed if they can't do it NOW.

• Thanks 3
  • Confused 3

1 minute ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Not necessarily, when talking about skyscale as an optional longer term/higher effort goal where the game can still be easly played without it, by using other mounts based on what the situation requires. It has a direct relation to the "problem" arising from people trying to rush for the reward/s and getting annoyed if they can't do it NOW.

Ā 

1 hour ago, vesica tempestas.1563 said:

OP is plainly wrong, a couple weeks is NOT ludicrous

Referring to this. Vesica is talking about the OP in the thread here: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/123809-skyscale-requirements-is-ludicrous/

Ā 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Metaljaw.6437 said:

What surprises me is I'd think that forum people are the most likely to have multiple accounts. Having done skyscale on 2 account now, I definitely think it is too grindy.

I have done skyscale on 3 accounts (mine and family members).Ā šŸ˜Ž

4 hours ago, Silent.6137 said:

Did you feel it was too grindy the first time you did it?

First time I was a little bit confused, but it was fun and not grindy. 2nd time it was very fastĀ  and still a little bit fun, optimziing efficiency increased the fun. 3rd time was the least fun, it dragged a lot and at the end of the 3rd run I was gladĀ  that I don't had to do it again.

Ā 

I do think parts are a slog, but I like most of it so far.

Ā 

I'm at the, "Saving Skyscales" step. Having a bit of fun doing metas I never bothered with, and the steps are kinda cute. I giggle a 'lil at the thought of my Salad Commander whispering tales of her adventures to the egg! I also had no idea there was a puzzle in Derelict Delve! Very happy to be anyplace other than the Dragonfall map. šŸ˜†

I think it took me 2 weeks to get it, but I already had 3 stacks of each map currency saved, since I completed the story 9 times, 1 for each alt, and I never cared to spend my currency. Maybe I've been lucky.

I got it without using any spicy meat to skip some part, and before they nerfed the part when you have to play with your little pet. For me it wasn't grindy.

I've done it on two accounts now and I think it's just fine the way it is.Ā  Get yourself a good guide, (I used CommonTates youtube guide both times), and it's easy to do.Ā  2nd time was much faster than the first and the first time only took me 8 days.Ā  The time gates are already nerfed, that's enough.

• Like 1

On 11/14/2022 at 2:34 PM, Silent.6137 said:

Did you feel it was too grindy the first time you did it?

Yes. That's the reason I waited over 2 years to finally do it again on my second account.

Ā 

On 11/14/2022 at 2:42 PM, Sobx.1758 said:

How is it a must have? It just isn't.

It is if you want to keep up with end game content in any reasonable fashion. Unless you are content to be ported everywhere by a mesmer/thief with a skyscale.

• Confused 6

52 minutes ago, Hindenburg.3415 said:

Ā 

Not exactly. For example Dragonfall meta can be somewhat hard to follow if there is a big skyscale zerg.

So it definitely feels like pressure in a way

I use mostly griffon or beetle in dragonfall. Combined with shrine waypoints which are all over the place. Iā€™m usually one of the firsts ones at the place they spawn. Skyscales are slow, so keeping up with them with other mounts are quite possible to achieve. Assuming you mean the last part with the champions. There are also rental skyscales all over the place if you did not get the Mount yet.Ā 

• Like 3