Lion's Pride

Batel.9206

Completing the Lion’s Memory achievement—a meta-achievement that includes content from all of Living World Season 1—will also unlock the Lion’s Pride, a permanent teleportation item that will allow you to visit a Lion’s Arch that has yet to be visited by Scarlet Briar’s destruction.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/living-world-season-1-return-battle-for-lions-arch-is-now-live/

Oh. My. GOSH!!

Thank you so much ArenaNet!! ❤️

Edited by Batel.9206
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 4

Great. Made another thread when the news was not up yet - where I wondered about that item. (Or I forgot to re-check the website. At least the patch was live before they updated the news on the website.) Also nice that the older chapter meta achievements now can be completed easier. (No Aether Path needed as requirement. A different achievement can be done.)

Can anyone confirm if it is a solo instance or an entire open world map with a population like normal maps? I pray it isn't a solo instance. It'd be so much more magical to always pop into old LA and see it populated with real players.

I also wonder if all features are available, like the bank, TP, crafting, fractals, working potals, etc. 

Anyone who gets more answers, please update with details! :) 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CrimeDog.5614 said:

Can anyone confirm if it is a solo instance or an entire open world map with a population like normal maps? I pray it isn't a solo instance. It'd be so much more magical to always pop into old LA and see it populated with real players.

I also wonder if all features are available, like the bank, TP, crafting, fractals, working potals, etc. 

Anyone who gets more answers, please update with details! 🙂

According to.....people (cough), it does indeed have all the amenities and features of old Lion's Arch: crafting, banking, other NPC services, etc.

It seems like it will be a public instance, like a lounge, but it's not entirely certain quite yet. Fingers crossed!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Is it a solo instance like Aurene's Egg Chamber or is it like one of the lounges where multiple people can be in there at the same time?

It is a full public map with other players, the original old map with a working mystic forge,  etc. etc.
I am there myself.

It's the best. 

EDIT: AND: No mounts and no gliding allowed. Very good.

Edited by Zok.4956
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, Zok.4956 said:

It is a full public map with other players, the original old map with a working mystic forge,  etc. etc.
I am there myself.

It's the best. 

EDIT: AND: No mounts and no gliding allowed. Very good.

This makes it the first free lobby ANets made earnable by achievements rather than bought on the gem store!!!

That said, I wish they'd turn the other lobby tokens into gizmos too, as that would save inventory space.

Edited by OtakuModeEngage.8679
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, OtakuModeEngage.8679 said:

This makes it the first free lobby ANets made earnable by achievements rather than bought on the gem store!!!

Beside the Eye of the north, of course, which can contain all of that, beside the mystic forge.

And Arborstone. Same there. Free with a portal scroll.

• Thanks 1

On 11/9/2022 at 12:22 PM, Galmac.4680 said:

Beside the Eye of the north, of course, which can contain all of that, beside the mystic forge.

And Arborstone. Same there. Free with a portal scroll.

I would not call old Lion's Arch, Arborstone and Eye of the north a "lobby".

If they are lobbies then new/actual Lion's Arch and all the other city-maps with vendors, bank access, mystic forge, crafting stations etc. should also be seen as lobbies. And those are free, too.

EDIT: Fixed my mistake. Arborstone and Eye of the North are in category "city" but are also a "lobby".

Edited by Zok.4956
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Zok.4956 said:

I would not call old Lion's Arch, Arborstone and Eye of the north a "lobby".

If they are lobbies then new/actual Lion's Arch and all the other city-maps with vendors, bank access, mystic forge, crafting stations etc. should also be seen as lobbies. And those are free, too.

Technically, they are. The divide between "lobby" and "city" has been slowly diminishing - originally, lobbies had three traits that separated them from cities: they were not isolated zones (stopped being true since Mistlock Observatory / Noble Ledges), they had gizmos taking you to them directly from anywhere (cities ended up getting these too via Halloween), and their compactness (but latest lobbies are less compact).

Sun's Refuge, Eye of the North, Arborstone were all promoted as being upgradable lobbies.

For all intents and purposes, Lion's Memory is a lobby.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

Technically, they are. The divide between "lobby" and "city" has been slowly diminishing - originally, lobbies had three traits that separated them from cities: they were not isolated zones (stopped being true since Mistlock Observatory / Noble Ledges), they had gizmos taking you to them directly from anywhere (cities ended up getting these too via Halloween), and their compactness (but latest lobbies are less compact).

Sun's Refuge, Eye of the North, Arborstone were all promoted as being upgradable lobbies.

For all intents and purposes, Lion's Memory is a lobby.

Well, it seems, the GW2-Wiki sees this a little bit different. A city is a zone without hostile enemies (and often with convenience items) and a lobby is like a city but serves also as a staging point for special game modes or activities.

Eye of the North and Arborstone are in category "city" but they are also a "lobby". Eye of the North is a lobby for End of Dragons story, Strike Missions, collections. Arborstone is lobby for End of Dragons story, Strike Missions, collections

Another type (in addition to city and lobby) is "lounge".  These are compact, exclusive areas with a lot of convenience items and may only be accessed with some pass items that have to be purchased with money/gems/statuettes.

The zone Lion's Arch (before it was destroyed and rebuilt) used to be a city (and not a lobby) and just because you have to use a portal scroll or tp-to-friend to travel to this zone with the old version of Lion's Arch now, doesn't make it become something other than a city, in my opinion. This zone does not serve as a starting point for special activities or game modes that would make it a lobby for those activities or game modes.

Edited by Zok.4956
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

I think there is also the "lounges" - with all major stuff in a small area and where you have to pay gems to access them. While the city is similar - but with the stuff more spread over a wider area + missing some extras that the lounges have. (Wiki lists all the special stuff.)

The "lobby" ... I guess is a word for those maps that are somewhat in between: Smaller than a city. Not as small s a lounge. And having the portals for strike access or something similar. (EotN offers the most - with also offering the DRM access and stuff.) While not having other extra stuff the "lounges" sometimes have. (I think the latest one has all the fisher merchants (all possible bait available) at one place?)

Edit: Wiki lists the lounges link there at the lobby part - but also explains the lobbies I meant:
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/City#Lobby

"Lobbies are another special subtype of zones. They work similarly to cities and may contain convenience services, but they also serve as the staging points for specific game modes or activities. " ... I think that is the important part. In that way ... Lion's Arch could be seen as the lobby for fractals. Or at least some kind of pre-lobby. (With the observatory - but that one is already instanced and people gather in LA first ... or at leased used to gather there when it still was fun to ask in map chat for help instead of using the lfg tool directly.)

Edited by Luthan.5236

My bad, I meant to say this is the first Lounge you can earn. Aborstone, Sun's Refuge, and Eye of the North, are technically Lobbies because they "contain city services, but also serve as staging points for specific game modes".(as per the wiki definition) Lounges on the other hand, have city services, but do not double as 'staging points'.  All other lounges currently in the game, as far as I'm aware, have to be bought on the gem store.

Edited by OtakuModeEngage.8679
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1