Friendly Reminder: Last new spvp content was released in Nov 2018.

Voraxen.2035

Very frustrating that it's been almost 5 years since we've had nice things. Here are some ideas I've had.

• Maybe you could
    • Release a new map.
    • Release 15 v 15 large batlle mode.
    • Add new achievements, collections, titles. 
    • Make Shards of Glory a wallet item.
    • Reward Ascended Shards of Glory from unranked matches. 
    • Allow different stat combos instead of the drastically reduced offering.
    • Allow different sigils and runes that were stripped away.
    • Have our spvp rank show on our icon and hp bar.
    • Let us leave a 4v5 match after 2 mins, or just don't start a 4v5 match to begin with.
    • Add a vote forfeit button when things are hopeless.
    • Stop forcing us into a 50\50 win loss ratio.
    • Stop bots from ruining 30% of ranked matches.
    • Swap equipment\build templates during a death cooldown.
    • Update the map icon so it's not just core class icons.
    • Fix Raid on Capricorn for ranked.
    • Fix Spirit Watch for ranked.
    • Let us spend gems on a permanent a Champion's Rest Pass.
    • Increase the ranked entry cap to 50 ranks instead of 25.
Edited by Voraxen.2035
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 26
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

For the love of everything, fix PvP! Add Guild vs. Guild. Remove cheaters. Add a report button for cheating and botting. Do SOMETHING! PvP in this game has been utterly stagnating while PvE has gotten all the love. Even WvW has been getting more attention than PvP.

This is an embarrassment. I hate that every time I recommend GW2 to someone, I have to add a big fat asterisk in the form of, "Yeah, this game's amazing but don't ever touch the PvP if you can help it."

Edited by Arnox.5128
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 4

this is the worst pvp i've ever played in any competitive commercial game. of course they don't release new content for it, i'm GLAD they don't do that.

the core structure of the game is fundamentally wrong, i've been farming it for 12 years just for dailies and nothing else

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3

• 2 weeks later...

Listen, anet would have mentioned already if they were going to do something for PvP. During mighty teapots feb stream, grouch said they would only support popular game modes. The fact that it’s been 5 years and is just crickets perfectly explains their stance on PvP. The most you can hope for is balance changes or maybe an expansion only amulet, sigil, or rune.

Anet does not have the bandwidth to fix what needs to be fixed in PvP. The report system needs an overhaul that they probably won’t invest time in. 

As far as quality matchmaking goes the only real thing they could do without increasing the population is decrease the volatility of the matches by  removing duo queue and reducing the time it takes to recover from a death. They could also give all teleport skills the ride the lightning treatment and give it a longer cooldown if it doesn’t hit a target. Will they do any of this? No.

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, FrownyClown.8402 said:

Listen, anet would have mentioned already if they were going to do something for PvP. During mighty teapots feb stream, grouch said they would only support popular game modes. The fact that it’s been 5 years and is just crickets perfectly explains their stance on PvP. The most you can hope for is balance changes or maybe an expansion only amulet, sigil, or rune.

Anet does not have the bandwidth to fix what needs to be fixed in PvP. The report system needs an overhaul that they probably won’t invest time in. 

As far as quality matchmaking goes the only real thing they could do without increasing the population is decrease the volatility of the matches by  removing duo queue and reducing the time it takes to recover from a death. They could also give all teleport skills the ride the lightning treatment and give it a longer cooldown if it doesn’t hit a target. Will they do any of this? No.

So you're saying we just need to cope with what we've got? It sucks because the combat is the best in any mmorpg, but I reckon you're right. Time to cope. 

On 11/8/2022 at 2:02 PM, Voraxen.2035 said:

Very frustrating that it's been almost 5 years since we've had nice things. Here are some ideas I've had

No quarter came out in 2020 and is still the best map to farm.

PvP isn't the only thing neglected, the entire game is.

• Haha 1