Friendly Reminder: Last new spvp content was released in Nov 2018.

Voraxen.2035

12 hours ago, Arnox.5128 said:

Bump.

And to the people saying GW2 is in maintenance mode right now, no. You're just wrong. PvP is flat out getting neglected. Whether out of necessity or not, I don't know, but it's definitely getting neglected.

No new raid in years.

No new fractal in years.

1 year content drought after EoD's release.

Alliances have made zero progress in over 18 months.

No new PvP content.

No new WvW content.

Yep, we're just flat out wrong for thinking this game is in maint mode.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 6

3 hours ago, Balsa.3951 said:

i think we reached maintaince mode. 3 game modes abondon by now. only pve left and they struggle there as well.

gemstore is buzzing tho

It won't be buzzing for long unless the game keeps staying fresh though. With only PvP abandoned you barely feel the loss, but as things go right now, only new players will stick around for a while, because once you played through the PvE story(+beaten raids/fractals once) this game has NOTHING to offer.

Edited by Bazsi.2734
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

@Bazsi.2734 100% this. This Game is Made for casuals. You could see it on the way it goes. We get new "content" in PvE in terms of Just new maps and new Story. Besides this also a new Strike but thats it. Rest is Just gemstore skins and maybe a new Fractal once a year plus maybe new Strikes per Story Mode. Then we have one "Team" reworking core aspects of the Game. Just Like rewarding system and stuff. And a Team working on WvW alliance system. Maybe after both Teams are done working on those Things we might get some new other Veteran stuff. But 90% Chance it would be focused on PvE. PvP in other terms is Just left behind outside of some Balance Patches of course ^^

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, Bazsi.2734 said:

because once you played through the PvE story(+beaten raids/fractals once) this game has NOTHING to offer.

This "one and done" design since PoF release for an always online MMO is baffling.

Anet just wants GW2 to be a single player game that can charge monthly for, like FF14. Cash shop loot boxes is the next best thing I guess.

Edited by Kozumi.5816
  • Confused 2

On 5/19/2023 at 9:15 PM, Kozumi.5816 said:

No new raid in years.

No new fractal in years.

Did you not read the announcements? Further, why would they invest all this time and money into shipping a DX11 version of the game if they were just gonna keep it in maintenance mode? Do you KNOW how much work it probably took them to completely rewrite the backend of the client and then bug-test it so it was a perfect 1:1 with the old client? And THEN redo all the dev tools so that they're compatible with the new client? Hell, we even got a new SAB world map. Wasn't much, but it was something.

It's true that GW2 WAS in maintenance mode for a while. No argument there. But it's very clear that those days are behind us. And I absolutely hate that PvP has been neglected this much, but regardless of what you say, recently speaking, it's certainly not because GW2 is still in maintenance mode.

• Thanks 3

19 hours ago, Myror.7521 said:

@Bazsi.2734 100% this. This Game is Made for casuals. You could see it on the way it goes. We get new "content" in PvE in terms of Just new maps and new Story. Besides this also a new Strike but thats it. Rest is Just gemstore skins and maybe a new Fractal once a year plus maybe new Strikes per Story Mode. Then we have one "Team" reworking core aspects of the Game. Just Like rewarding system and stuff. And a Team working on WvW alliance system. Maybe after both Teams are done working on those Things we might get some new other Veteran stuff. But 90% Chance it would be focused on PvE. PvP in other terms is Just left behind outside of some Balance Patches of course ^^

Yep. Especially with the lack of new content whether it be pvp/pve/wvw. This game is perfect for casual play, years of content to do. Its just like watching a show and waiting an episode a week vs watching a show thats already completed its run. They have no respect for their veteran players, its painfully obvious. And unless you like achievement hunting/living in wvw, you're basically forced to take breaks and come back when there's an update. This game needs more content targeted towards veterans. But that in itself is very hard to accomplish with the kind of game gw2 is. I hope with their new expansion plan they're able to give something more/new to their loyal players.

• Confused 2

2 hours ago, Arnox.5128 said:

Further, why would they invest all this time and money into shipping a DX11 version of the game if they were just gonna keep it in maintenance mode? Do you KNOW how much work it probably took them to completely rewrite the backend of the client and then bug-test it so it was a perfect 1:1 with the old client? And THEN redo all the dev tools so that they're compatible with the new client? Hell, we even got a new SAB world map. Wasn't much, but it was something.

It's true that GW2 WAS in maintenance mode for a while. No argument there. But it's very clear that those days are behind us. 

Some things to put it in context: I don't known if the DX11 is a big thing, to be honest. The game was programmed for DX9 and at the time the API lacked support to any kind of multi core usage, while technology has evolved towards multi core CPUs (despite single core hardware performance has also improved over time). The thing is, I built my new rig in February (a beastly one, with a RTX 4080 GPU,  4 TB NVMe, 32 GB DDR5, cracks 21k in Futuremark) aiming to 120 fps at any game at 1440p ultrawide (3440 x 1440) and albeit my average framerrate with all maxed is over 180 fps most of the time (oftenly kicking 250) there's places where the game drops below 80 (when there's large amounts of players, as in WvW zergs) and in a typical public Dragonstorm at some moments it falls to 30 fps. So I don't think the changes takes advantage of modern multi core CPUs in the same way as more modern games developed natively to DX11 and recent hardware.

On the other hand, I can't blame ANet for lack of new content, when companies 20 times its size as Blizzard is barely able to produce content for Overwatch 2, has entirely abandoned Starcraft II and Heroes of The Storm and their incoming Diablo IV is the most barebones ARPG I've seen in a long time.

What I can critize is the lack of more often balance patches, fixing of bugs, or even doing things as releasing new maps or adapting Spirit Watch to ranked.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jason.2043 said:

fact of the matter is spvp is in the same category of content as dungeons. they realize the design is garbage at its core and dont think spending resources would be worth it.

Well they are wrong if thats the case. PvP communities keep games going for decades. Ignoring us is just stupid.  

Also bump. 

Edited by jdawgie.1835
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

t

2 hours ago, jdawgie.1835 said:

Well they are wrong if thats the case. PvP communities keep games going for decades. Ignoring us is just stupid.  

Also bump. 

there is only a couple thousand people that even play the mode and 80% of them are ignorant of basic strategy.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, jason.2043 said:

there is only a couple thousand people that even play the mode

Citation needed.

15 hours ago, Buran.3796 said:

as in WvW zergs) and in a typical public Dragonstorm at some moments it falls to 30 fps.

This is very probably due to connection speed instead of the graphical and computing power of your system. When it comes to these massively packed instances, GW2 servers need to take into account a LOT, and even further, it may inevitably be that one or two people have slow connection speed, so that will bring down the speed of everyone else.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1