Friendly Reminder: Last new spvp content was released in Nov 2018.

Voraxen.2035

On 5/21/2023 at 12:06 AM, Arnox.5128 said:

Did you not read the announcements? Further, why would they invest all this time and money into shipping a DX11 version of the game if they were just gonna keep it in maintenance mode? Do you KNOW how much work it probably took them to completely rewrite the backend of the client and then bug-test it so it was a perfect 1:1 with the old client? And THEN redo all the dev tools so that they're compatible with the new client? Hell, we even got a new SAB world map. Wasn't much, but it was something.

It's true that GW2 WAS in maintenance mode for a while. No argument there. But it's very clear that those days are behind us. And I absolutely hate that PvP has been neglected this much, but regardless of what you say, recently speaking, it's certainly not because GW2 is still in maintenance mode.

Announcements aren't action.

They announced WvW alliances what, 5 years ago?

Anet are well known for not being able to deliver what they promise. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Kozumi.5816 said:

Announcements aren't action.

They announced WvW alliances what, 5 years ago?

Anet are well known for not being able to deliver what they promise. 

Even if we put those aside though, my point still stands. The DX11 update would never have been done if this game was in maintenance mode.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Arnox.5128 said:

Even if we put those aside though, my point still stands. The DX11 update would never have been done if this game was in maintenance mode.

Yes, we can expect new PvE maps, new collections/achivements, and new gemstore skins. Also we might get to see Alliances mentioned from time to time again. Minor PvP balance patches maybe 3 times a year, but hey we're not getting new e-specs anytime soon(maybe ever), so there is no big upset coming to destroy our carefully curated balance... 
For someone who's primarily a PvP player, this is no different from maintanence mode. You are technically right though. Which is all that matters.

Sorry, I meant BUMP.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Chaos God.1639 said:

i do think that players need to be more clear with what they want to add to the game. just being negative and not providing any feedback won't change a lot.

New maps? new game mode? there are lot of things you could do to improve the pvp experience.

• Like 3

Bring back

courtyard

nah I'm kidding but once they get balance ironed out a smidge more (it's not perfect but things -work- now) they should look into a minor PvP centered festival or something to try to hook people on the content. Maybe let people progress those legendaries in unranked for short periods, idk. 

New map betas would be nice too, let people play on them for a season then fix the mesh where people exploit, etc etc. 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261

On 5/21/2023 at 3:23 PM, jason.2043 said:

there is only a couple thousand people that even play the mode and 80% of them are ignorant of basic strategy.

This is true. But who cares? The diminished population is directly related to Anets lack of care. Diablo 2 pvp still exists 20+ years later. Even with a few dozen left in the community. No1 is really doing meph runs anymore. But they are still in the blood moor duking it out.

Edited by jdawgie.1835
  • Like 2