November 29 Balance Update Preview

Double Tap.3940

Especially considering Chilling Nova can't Crit, I really don't see this being anywhere near enough for Reaper. 

Necro Core weapons (and Spite, especially the minors) simply need major reworks/buffs, especially on the Power and Off-Hand front. 

FB changes are a lot to digest and probably require hands-on to evaluate properly, but I agree with the general direction and am excited to test them out. 

Although Mantra of Flame is pretty redundant now with Quickfire as DPS and qDPS Meta choice making Potence the far superior Burn Mantra (+ Might and Quickness) - and it might be pretty unfun to juggle the Quickfire ICD (7 seconds) to give 5 allies Ashes of the Just via Potence (12/9.6 seconds), vs. triggering it on self-only via Swift Scholar (8 seconds).

Edited by Asum.4960
  • Like 4

17 minutes ago, Mike.7983 said:

It says the clones will trigger the buff around the mesmer, as long as all 3 clones out should make no diff, the clones not pulsing might the center of the mesmer should be.

OH RIGHT, that makes more sense, so if you have all 3 staff clones the duration is the same, if not increased (4 seconds alac base), thats not that bad actually when you think about it

I am still looking for a second dodge for PVP tho... Give us the same treatment as Vindicator!

Edited by Gesbo.6420
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Bookah pls.9352 said:

Adding a single point of damage to an ability is also a buff, doesn't mean it's impactful, worthwhile or useful.

These were not the buffs reaper needed or wanted.

I was really hoping reaper would get actually self fury/quickness--not even asking for group sharing quickness (but i can dream). We have quickness in shroud--yes--but that's about ~50% of the time assuming your not life force starved.

So we still need pocket fury/quickness generators. And because we only get 25% crit chance from fury we're going to have to still sacrifice power for precision.

• Like 2

While I love buffs to Rev, I think Vindivator may get too much dps with this, it's already easy to get in top3 dps in PUGs.

Other than that, I feel that heal herald and heal vindicator need more love as well.

Herald needs just a little bit more, maybe buff to shield, so it can be viable weapon swap to staff.

Vindi on the other hand needs a lot... or maybe a way to get dps-heal role? utilize swapping and unleash his full potential!

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

ok i think the nerf on the mech is too harsh in terms of distance and time this is mainly because if i use a melee deck build and my mech is ranged most of the time it will be 900 units from me which will force me to get close to the mech at melee range which makes it useless to have a ranged mech if it isn't going to do any damage because of it, the same is true if my mech is melee and I go with rifle.
please take note on this facts, also remember that unlike the other engineer specs, the mech specs ONLY affect the mech and not any attributes, abilities, or passives of the engineer itself, making it dependent on the mech only

• Like 8
  • Confused 2

Seeing that the damage of Bladesworn stays the same and the trait Martial Cadence remains untouched allows players to stack 8 fully dps geared Bladesworn. Leaving them to perform like Chronomancer did when you could stack them for quickness, if not even better.
A change needs to happen so that you won't be able since this allows the Bladesworns to play a full DPS orientated build while given quickness without any trade-off.
Keep the hard work up!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

The warrios Martial cadence trait allows stacking 8 bladesworns in a squad with perma quickness. Coupled with it's high damage it is the same problem that stagnated the meta with power Chrono and it is the same problem that caused you  to nerf Catalyst so rapidly. Please, for the sake of power class diversity of the high end meta, don't let the year  long reign of one class dps meta happen again. 
Thank you for open communication and good work, the new openness and direction is really appreciated !

• Thanks 2

Some people are worried about Martial Cadence and DPS BSW stacking in speedrun groups.

1. Don't balance around speed runners.
  2. If any change is made it should be to swap the places of Martial Cadence and Shrug it Off.
    1. This inhibits DPS builds from running the quickness trait
    2. Creates the possibility of quick heal supports with VS+MC or quick/might supports with PS+MC.
  • Like 6

i enjoyed the stream and still want to thank you for having far more communication with the community than before.

Now i will write my intake on Mesmer on few things on pve side.

1) sad to see no changes to scepter. that weapon IF anyone ever uses it , its the least desired weapon for the class. it has no synergy  with any build. its not EVEN close to any dps in the mesmer arsenal.

2) sad to see no changes to staff, as some may use it for alac or condi for maybe 3 bosses the weapon is the second least played one in most modes of the game. as the changes to mirage chaos vortex are weird. You do know the whole clone/phatasm system is really bad in pve. clones die, they dont move, and even phatasms can be CCed while using they abilities. to put the cherry on top. you have to run like crazy around to collect mirrors so you can use chaos vortex more while the screen is prema flashbang.  so even the only spec that can use the staff more effectively is cluncky to play.

3) Chronophantasma : love the change and could see more chrono to play power dps. BUT there is one small issue. the rotation of clones is off balanced like crazy. as the trait allows phatasms to perform twice why not change that the first phatasm  when it finishes its move you spawn the clone and the second phantasm that spawn from the trait wont spawn a clone after it finishes its move. That way you can keep same feeling of gameplay to manage the clones more efficient.

• Like 3

Nice to see Willbender get buffed in terms of damage, even if it's not enough to bring power WB to the state it should be at

Glad to see it's not forgotten among the DH mentions

And since you are buffing Tyrant's Momentum, there will be more of a dps difference between alac and pure dps, because of Phoenix Protocol competing with Tyrant's Momentum.

So please, remove the need for taking Battle Presence in order to provide party-wide alacrity

Since you aren't providing a lot of boons outside of alac, especially when it comes to permanent uptime, shouldn't the damage be on the higher end for alac dps?

It's stupid that we are forced into a core traitline for its Grandmaster trait, as well as a WB Grandmaster trait just to give 5-man alac

Only WB can give alac on Guardian, so why do we need to take a core trait to provide it?

Removing the need for BP would allow Power Alac to take Radiance and not be reliant on Aegis for damage potential

Condi Alac would be able to take Permeating Wrath, which won't be as powerful as normally, due to the need to use the Resolve Virtue a lot

And Heal Alac would be able to take Indomitable Courage as a substitute for "Stand Your Ground!", or take a different traitline

Also, fix Absolute Resolve, it doesn't work in combination with Phoenix Protocol, the regen isn't buffed by 25%

Lastly, it's a pain not having access to external Resolution on power guardian. Resolution is a secondary Fury for us, but it's difficult to upkeep if there's no healer with fairly easy Resolution access

• Confused 1

Bloody Roar really needs to move from 25% up to about 33% in order to remain competitive with other DPS classes, many of which can pump out MORE than Berserker can, despite having less challenging rotations, but I'm cautiously optimistic to see where the correction puts it (assuming this is the additive > multiplicative change that's been discussed over the last few months). I'm happy to see this finally get addressed, I don't believe it will be enough to make Berserker competitive/"meta" again, but here's hoping.

I'm not sure I agree with the changes being made to Heal Alac Tempest, but I am happy to see Scepter Ele in general get some boosts. Same with Mirage's change. Both are classes with fairly high skill floors and see less play than others as a result, so I don't feel like further reducing their viability is very productive. 

• Like 2