Design Request: technology

16 hours ago, SuavePuppy.2809 said:

But if they make skins specifically for one spec with no chance other classes are going to get anything in the future, I don't think it's going to be received well by the community. 

Why would ANet be so foolish? Implement a system that can make a lot of money but then only do it once?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 11/15/2022 at 7:07 PM, SuavePuppy.2809 said:

I said one class (and it's not even that - it's one elite spec) and you have quoted light armor, which applies to three classes (and in the past was accompanied with medium and heavy sets) and a weapon, which can be used by multiple classes. 

And yet I would pay money for another skin for that ridiculous jade mech for just one of my 18 toons. It's too big, too wide and too green...as in supergreen. I'm still hoping for a smaller, sleeker amber mech in game. I'd settle for that, but if it needs to be done via the gemstore, then I'll take it.

Anet just made a big mistake by making everything in Cantha jadeneon green. So I'm hoping for LW6 for us to run into amber tech.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

8 minutes ago, kharmin.7683 said:

I see this sentiment quite a bit around here from many posters about different things.  And then, when Anet does release something, the complaint is that it costs too much.

Perhaps because, when implementing those ideas, Anet ends up putting too much effort into making the cost high, and far less effort into making the actual implementation good. Case in point: Build templates.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

8 hours ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

And yet I would pay money for another skin for that ridiculous jade mech for just one of my 18 toons. It's too big, too wide and too green...as in supergreen.

I never said people wouldn't be willing to pay for it. And I too wish that they had originally been designed to be smaller and dyeable, or for them to now implement a way to allow other players to hide them.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, SuavePuppy.2809 said:

I never said people wouldn't be willing to pay for it. And I too wish that they had originally been designed to be smaller and dyeable, or for them to now implement a way to allow other players to hide them.

Sure but you said that it was just for one class, even one elite spec. That's what I was replying to. I thought you implied that it wouldn't be worth it for them to make alternate skins.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Well, for one, most backpacks do not have any dye channel.

That is fair, but also something that could be fixed as easily as adding a lower grade dyeable backpack available to all (doesn't need to be fancy, and can even be hidden). 

All in all, it could be based out of anything that has atleast 2 dye channels. Hell, if the base glider had 2 dye channels, we could use that.  It's probably the only system that could be implemented without designing a completely new dye slot specifically for the Mech even. 

As it stands, I had to make my mechanist completely brass and green to have it fit the mech, when it really should have been the opposite.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Naxos.2503 said:

That is fair, but also something that could be fixed as easily as adding a lower grade dyeable backpack available to all (doesn't need to be fancy, and can even be hidden). 

All in all, it could be based out of anything that has atleast 2 dye channels. Hell, if the base glider had 2 dye channels, we could use that.  It's probably the only system that could be implemented without designing a completely new dye slot specifically for the Mech even. 

As it stands, I had to make my mechanist completely brass and green to have it fit the mech, when it really should have been the opposite.

That is a terrible awkward solution.

Any sort of solution to anything should be aiming to improve things not make the situation worse.

• Like 1

On 11/19/2022 at 5:05 PM, Khisanth.2948 said:

That is a terrible awkward solution.

Any sort of solution to anything should be aiming to improve things not make the situation worse.

I mean, I'm all for a completely new customisation option, but I honestly dont see it happening for just 1 class is what I was saying.

• Like 1