WvW dailies need to change

henchmen.1856

Where I think this would cause more upset is the PvE players who need to come to WvW for the gift of battle.  Players right now complain about that, but the counterclaim (which is fair) is you can just do the easy WvW dailies and then use the potions to complete the reward track for the gift of battle, and it really isn't that hard.  In fact, I think people have basically said you can get the gift of battle by doing pure PvE activities in WvW  - creature slayer, camp capture, master of monuments, etc.

But if the easy WvW dailies go away, those players will want some change - especially if that change forces those players into real (non PvE) mode WvW.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, henchmen.1856 said:

The easiest way to complete dailies is to do the WvW ones. This is attracting large numbers of casual pvers into WvW solely to complete the dailies and then leaving.

Several of the dailies are useless, do very little to contribute to WvW or promote karma training/flipping paper stuff.

These players inflate the play hours of their server without actually contributing much to WvW. We've all seen the masses of people waiting for the veteran warg to spawn.

This messes with the server populations. You have servers with large pve populations like Gandara and Fort Aspenwood being perpetually full despite having small hardcore wvw populations.

The dailies need to be fixed.

Remove the following:

1 - Creature Slayer (seriously why does this even exist?)

2 - Big Spender (laziest excuse for a daily I've ever seen)

3 - Master of Monuments (one person randomly capping a monument does nothing to help a server get bloodlust)

4 - Land Claimer

Introduce new ones by splitting the Objective Defender daily into separate keep/tower/camp ones. Makes people actually spend more time doing actual WvW.

And whenever there's a capture daily, there should be an equivalent defender one. Promote actual fighting and not just flipping stuff for the daily and then leaving.

Thank you.

NO. 

You are looking at it from the worse perspective. You dislike people going to WvW? Why? 
WvW daily is created so that WvW players don't have to go out of their way to the land of PvE to complete their daily and the faster this Daily can be done the better it is for WvW players, 
and here you are punishing the WvW players by introducing a harder version of the daily. did you want the population to leave wvw to do the easy ones in pve? 

The karma training is not done by pvers most of the time and dailies don't take very long. NA just doesn't have the population for 4 tiers anymore, and there is zero incentive to defend,  warg farmers or not.

The only badly designed daily is the Veteran Creature one, because of how arbitrary it is, and how irrelevant it is to WvW.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Like 3

On 11/18/2022 at 11:08 PM, henchmen.1856 said:

The easiest way to complete dailies is to do the WvW ones.

You're looking at this the wrong way.

This is an issue with PvE dailies being long and obnoxious half the time, its not an issue with WvW dailies.

WvW ones are properly designed, PvE ones are not.

Edited by Kozumi.5816
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

The only change to WvW dailies that needs to happen is to put Memories of Battle into the chests.

35 minutes ago, Strider Pj.2193 said:

Nooooooo…..  or maybe the two potion chests (exotic ones I believe). I want the price to stay up.  It’s relatively easy 100 gold every one to two weeks.  

I tend to side with @Strider Pj.2193 here, not because it is easy money, but because it is a very stable WvW currency that is used by everyone making legendary weapons. That stability is a very good asset for WvW centric/only players.
I'd rather see Memories going back to the rank up chests, because ranking up is something WvW players tend to get more often that people just going for the dailies (with a low WvW impact on the outcome of a matchup).

For @Lan Deathrider.5910 suggestion, we/Anet would have to do a lot more math to decide what is a fair amount of Memories for a daily (remember, this threat started out as some are way too easy and should be removed) compared to actual game play in WvW and contributing to the mode. Not counting the possible reward from the reward track for the potion, the 20 Badges currently in the Transcendent Chest are worth 6 silver (=> 30 make a Badge of Tribute which can be sold for around 9-10 silver). Adding one Memory to the chest (around 18 silver) would vastly increase the worth of the chest and the supply of Memories (which will lower the price on the TP after a while).

*end of derailment of thread*

• Confused 1

Nowadays I don't think about dailies, but my initial foray into WvW was because reset was near and I needed a quick daily.  I'm not confident that removing them would have any positive effect that would outweigh luring people into the game mode.

Some could certainly be changed, but I don't think they necessarily need to get more difficult. 

Edited by Sviel.7493

On 11/19/2022 at 11:38 PM, ArchonWing.9480 said:

The karma training is not done by pvers most of the time and dailies don't take very long. NA just doesn't have the population for 4 tiers anymore, and there is zero incentive to defend,  warg farmers or not.

The only badly designed daily is the Veteran Creature one, because of how arbitrary it is, and how irrelevant it is to WvW.

They are not irrelevant to wvw.