Chronobunker Is Happening Again

Trevor Boyer.6524

In about the past 24 - 48 hours there has been a reemergence of and a viral spreading of this new Chronobunker build.  

I'm seeing mediocre players suddenly becoming as difficult to kill or get off a node as Grimjack on a Catalyst.

This is an assy dirty little build structure that is demonstrating great overperformance value for the incredibly small amount of skill required to wield it.

We've been here before, and Chronobunker stapled itself as the #1 most busted meme in all of GW2 history. It still holds that reputation to this day.

It would seem that the balance team did not learn their lesson on this one the first time around.

I can only ask Arenanet to please tend to this problem before it gets stupid, again.

~ Hotfix requested, thanks

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 8

Thread filled with huge overstatements (chronobunker is in NO WAY even comparable to cata, even now. I'd rather go against chronobunker than against cata, any day of the week).
That being said, the build is currently overperforming, but that's a problem with how staff on mesmer is designed more than anything else IMHO; there's no need for a chaos storm on healing skill (that's chaos, but still), there's no need for clones AA to deal damage, there's generally no need for all that AoE spam.

Which actually brings us to the age-old question: CAN WE kittenING REWORK STAFF NOW THAT S***R IS NOT IN CHARGE OF DESIGN ANYMORE?

Edited by Terrorhuz.4695
  • Like 5
  • Confused 3

29 minutes ago, Terrorhuz.4695 said:

Thread filled with huge overstatements (chronobunker is in NO WAY even comparable to cata, even now. I'd rather go against chronobunker than against cata, any day of the week).
That being said, the build is currently overperforming

Now I know nowhere was this brought up, but if a conversation about this build and Cata are going to be brought up, it should be mentioned that this build completely farms Catalyst even if you play the matchup perfectly.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

Why is no one talking about this? Chronomancer - Condition Chronobunker - MetaBattle Guild Wars 2 Builds

I feel like this build is definitely busted. Is it not busted? Are some builds having a balanced or easy time vs. this? So far we have these mains saying:

Ranger = Chronobunker is too strong

War = We win against Chronobunker

Ele = Chronobunker counters us

Guard = We counter Chronbunker

No one else has anything to say?

Edited by Trevor Boyer.6524
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

32 minutes ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Why is no one talking about this? Chronomancer - Condition Chronobunker - MetaBattle Guild Wars 2 Builds

I feel like this build is definitely busted. Is it not busted? Are some builds having a balanced or easy time vs. this? So far we have these mains saying:

From this it seems balanced--from a class perspective, as we have even split.  

To truly see we'd have to wait for the necro, thief, engi, and rev to weigh in.  If I had to guess, it'd be OP for necro, thief/rev won't care as they're too busy hopping around, and engi will weigh in after their mech learns to use stairs.  

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

From this it seems balanced--from a class perspective, as we have even split.  

To truly see we'd have to wait for the necro, thief, engi, and rev to weigh in.  If I had to guess, it'd be OP for necro, thief/rev won't care as they're too busy hopping around, and engi will weigh in after their mech learns to use stairs.  

There is other dumb stuff going on with Chrono though. Like right now I'm dueling @Paradoxoglanis.1904 and he is seriously cycling like 6+ clones permanently at all times, and at some points train shatters me with like 12+ clones. Let me stream this real fast, actually watch this short video.

GW2 - Footage to demo Chrono clone spam - for forum - Twitch 

I'm no Warrior main, but I'm feeling like this amount of clone spam is busted on basis of general principle.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

4 hours ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

i eat chrono bunkers for breakfast......   Tempest btw.    

I know cata is struggling with it... but For a Tempest or even for my Fire/Earth/Water Core ele, its a literal freekill.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

he is seriously cycling like 6+ clones permanently at all times, and at some points train shatters me with like 12+ clones.

This guy is  literally just standing there with Signet of illusions while AA´ing with sceptre...   

But what i see is, that for some reason, the clones Nametags linger around for a VEEEERY long time on your screen. They dont linger so long for me. 

At on point it was just a big clump of letters and colors....     I can 100% see what you mean with clone spam there... but it looks worse than it is.  He is rocking a very flashy charr, which is the definition of visual clutter when fighting it, and for some reason the mesmers nametags linger forever on your screen. 

But i havent seen anything unusual. He was literally just spamming AA with the sceptre while standing in a no port spot,  because of the no port spot, he even spawned the clones from Staff right under him, which made it look even more ridicilous.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Sahne.6950 said:

He is literally just standing there with Signet of illusions while AA´ing with sceptre...   

But what i see is, that for some reason, the clones Nametags linger around for a VEEEERY long time on your screen. They dont linger so long for me. 

At on point it was just a big clump of letters and colors....     I can 100% see the clone spam there... but it looks worse than it is.  He is rocking a very flashy charr, which is the difinition of visual clutter when fighting it, and for some reason the mesmers nametags linger forever on your screen. 

But i havent seen anything unusual. He was literally just spamming AA with the sceptre while standing in a no port spot,  because of the no port spot, he even spawned the clones from Staff right under him. 

No dude.

That's like 13-14 clones spawned & shattered in about 10 seconds.

This is definitely not just visual clutter, as you can see from the cleave damage.

Rewatch this short clip carefully and count them.

https://clips.twitch.tv/KnottyAnnoyingZebraCurseLit-Ew3TTbS19S3gMeDj

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

5 hours ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

No dude.

holy moly what was that XDDD

yeah i see that.  But again, that is possible..... sadly.....   

In all honesty...No build should produce this ammount of visual clutter xD  

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

I know Ranger is the boon, teleport, stealth.. what else... King or Queen. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

10 hours ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

I say ele is wrong. @Grimjack.8130 may very well be one of the best ele players in the game, nothing but respect for his achievements. That being said, the situation stays the same: his post is false. Chronobunker does not destroy catalyst.

The bulk of damage on a chronobunker comes from either someone spamming with confusion or you eating each and every pulsing F1 + Well of Calamity (several times, since the damage on carrion is low); you facetank that and you die, it's your problem.

As far as cata is concerned, pulsing hammer3 will easily cleave any clone, mag aura will protect from clones AA, stability will protect from both Tides of Time and Gravity Well. The tools to pressure a chronobunker are there (especially considering your personal cleanse, which is not the greatest but it's far from the worst).

As a chronobunker, you have literally no burst. If you, as a cata, facetank everything and get killed, there's another problem to highlight. You're used to playing a build that allowed you to facetank everything and still win, which shouldn't have been the case to begin with.

The problem with chronobunker is it's dumb and low talent; everyone can pick it up and be very effective regardless of skill level. This comes from Stretched Time and All's Well That Ends Well; two traits to empower wells mean you can be effective by doing nothing but spamming wells. Should be reworked (but the well rework has always been problematic).

That being said: catalyst is miles better under every measurable aspect. It handles outnumbered situations better, it has better cleave, it has better cleanse, more teamfight damage, great burst on fire and a nice amount of teamfight utility with boons. You can and should nerf chronobunker from orbit tomorrow and I won't shed a tear, but I won't listen to tears from catalyst mains because their build is not overperforming enough.

Edited by Terrorhuz.4695
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

21 minutes ago, Terrorhuz.4695 said:

I say ele is wrong. @Grimjack.8130 may very well be one of the best ele players in the game, nothing but respect for his achievements. That being said, the situation stays the same: his post is false. Chronobunker does not destroy catalyst.

The bulk of damage on a chronobunker comes from either someone spamming with confusion or you eating each and every pulsing F1 + Well of Calamity (several times, since the damage on carrion is low); you facetank that and you die, it's your problem.

As far as cata is concerned, pulsing hammer3 will easily cleave any clone, mag aura will protect from clones AA, stability will protect from both Tides of Time and Gravity Well. The tools to pressure a chronobunker are there (especially considering your personal cleanse, which is not the greatest but it's far from the worst).

As a chronobunker, you have literally no burst. If you, as a cata, facetank everything and get killed, there's another problem to highlight. You're used to playing a build that allowed you to facetank everything and still win, which shouldn't have been the case to begin with.

The problem with chronobunker is it's dumb and low talent; everyone can pick it up and be very effective regardless of skill level. This comes from Stretched Time and All's Well That Ends Well; two traits to empower wells mean you can be effective by doing nothing but spamming wells. Should be reworked (but the well rework has always been problematic).

That being said: catalyst is miles better under every measurable aspect. It handles outnumbered situations better, it has better cleave, it has better cleanse, more teamfight damage, great burst on fire and a nice amount of teamfight utility with boons. You can and should nerf chronobunker from orbit tomorrow and I won't shed a tear, but I won't listen to tears from catalyst mains because their build is not overperforming enough.

You haven't done the matchup with any good player. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

No dude.

This is definitely not just visual clutter, as you can see from the cleave damage.

The clones didnt kill you. Face tanking rvery torch skill did

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

52 minutes ago, NotFound.7813 said:

Yeah, was checking the video now. How many torch5 does it take for a brother in Christ to realize "SMASHING YOUR HEAD OVER THE kittenING KEYBOARD IS SEEMINGLY NOT WORKING". Whatever's the actual number, it's clearly higher than 6.

Like, ok, chronobunker is bad and could use a rework.
But.
If I was in charge of the design, torch5 wouldn't result in "some burning". The moment you get your healing skill rupted by torch5 a routine would launch to uninstall the game right there and then, get yeeted tfo the game for a couple hours and think of what you've done to deserve this.

Edited by Terrorhuz.4695
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 5

27 minutes ago, NotFound.7813 said:

23 minutes ago, Terrorhuz.4695 said:

Yeah, was checking the video now. How many torch5 does it take for a brother in Christ to realize "SMASHING YOUR HEAD OVER THE kittenING KEYBOARD IS SEEMINGLY NOT WORKING". Whatever's the actual number, it's clearly higher than 4.

As if it were possible to counter-play a no animation instant cast skill like The Prestige - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W) 

As if it were possible to counter-play vs. complete obstruction of view, when a Mesmer has 6+ clones on top of it

As if either of you could duel that build and psychic dodge all instant torch skills within 100% view obstruction

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3