This game is going to look like Tera.

Aodlop.1907

Its kinda too late, but I guess there's one way of trying to influence things, or at least a chance of such...make a point of buying the cosmetic items that better suit what you think the game should look like. If, and that's very much an IF, enough players do so, it might change the art direction of the game to be less....this.

I do, however, understand if you don't want to give money to devs that have put these these items out in the first place, or if you just don't think its worth the money just from a personal financial standpoint, things are tough for a lot of us right now and its going to stay that way for some time to come.

On 11/25/2022 at 7:23 PM, Arianth Moonlight.6453 said:

Yes, we also have those here. We call them Asura.

We don't have asura in questionable, spicy outfits. We don't have them in little tiny skirts that can show more than someone would like. We also don't have them doing impeccable lewd things that are actually built into the game. 

So once again, no, GW2 cannot ever compare to the trashbin  that was Tera. You would have to take a whole new entire game from like BDO/Blade and Soul/Tera/FF to actually get remotely close to those levels.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, HotDelirium.7984 said:

There are a ton and the majority do not have particle effects. 

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gallery_of_rifles

In the bank vault you can preview any skin in the game too.

Yeah, I know. Sadly majority of those are far from realistic. I have a few favourites that I rotate between, Beastslayer Rifle, Gatherer's Fortune and Ash Legion Longshot. The Gallant weapons are neat too.

There is one festival NPC that sells absolutely amazing weapon skins, Sparkling Stone. Whoever the designer for those weapons is - respect, you make festival currencies worth grinding for.

• Like 1

On 11/26/2022 at 6:00 AM, Debesyla.7102 said:

You see, people of Tyria don't like having fun - no silly magic tricks, no plushies! Also no maids and other service personnel as there are no rich people in Tyria! Everything that is not core game is bad and breaks the aesthetic!

To be fair we don't have bedrooms or even houses so we wouldn't need maids.

Although I did find it more immersive doing map completion in a maid outfit cuz the Renown Hearts really do feel like maid work a lot of the time.

Edited by Doggie.3184
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, AzureTerra.1642 said:

The game looks like Guild Wars 2, nothing more or less because big silly things have been in it all along.

I played one year after release, but every day in that year. Did a pause of 7 years and when I returned the first thing I see was the large voxel like looking raptor and I was like 'wth, looks totally out of place' - like it's an  April fools event. But it wasn't. And it's getting worse. Though the voxel raptor is still top of what doesn't fit into GW2.

So, no.

• Like 3

On 11/28/2022 at 6:53 AM, Krzysztof.5973 said:

It's been getting progressively worse throughout the years. IT HAS BEEN the aesthetic of the game for a long time now. The new "chair" pales in comparison to the eye-(insert kitten here)ing mount skins on every corner. It actually is worse than in TERA in my honest opinion  🙂

Then you must have not seen the literal cadillac in TERA driving around within an ancient wushu-like era. The fact you can say GW2 is worse is honestly mind-boggling to me because TERA and FF and even BDO to a degree doesn't even remotely respect their immersion as much as GW2 has.

At least GW2 has a reasonable explanation for a majority of their stuff.

The plush toys are given life by Tixx, the SAB stuff is because of the one asura that made the literal game within GW2's lore, the hoverbike and cycle was because of again, an asura getting creative.

What's TERA's excuse for having a literal car in a time where the only thing people could have is their own martial skills and weapons? What's BDO's excuse for having a collab with Bugatti. 

But yea, GW2 is totally worse, I guess.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Dreams.3128 said:

Then you must have not seen the literal cadillac in TERA driving around within an ancient wushu-like era. The fact you can say GW2 is worse is honestly mind-boggling to me because TERA and FF and even BDO to a degree doesn't even remotely respect their immersion as much as GW2 has.

At least GW2 has a reasonable explanation for a majority of their stuff.

The plush toys are given life by Tixx, the SAB stuff is because of the one asura that made the literal game within GW2's lore, the hoverbike and cycle was because of again, an asura getting creative.

What's TERA's excuse for having a literal car in a time where the only thing people could have is their own martial skills and weapons? What's BDO's excuse for having a collab with Bugatti. 

But yea, GW2 is totally worse, I guess.

Then we have a zerg of people on skyscales using obnoxious mount skins like these

Please give me reasonable explanation for these lore-friendly mount skins being in the game. 

But yes... TERA is somehow worse for having this 

18 minutes ago, Krzysztof.5973 said:

Then we have a zerg of people on skyscales using obnoxious mount skins like these

Please give me reasonable explanation for these lore-friendly mount skins being in the game. 

But yes... TERA is somehow worse for having this 

FANTASY Magical auras that could be explained if one wanted to reach for itcompared to....modern-day (not even 1886 automobiles), modern day cars that only exist in the real world.

Make it make sense. Pointless arguing with you seeing that you are choosing to be ignorant or blind to how having a car in what was once a MOSTLY MARTIAL ARTS GAME would be off-putting. There's nothing left to say to you.

21 minutes ago, Dreams.3128 said:

FANTASY Magical auras that could be explained if one wanted to reach for itcompared to....modern-day (not even 1886 automobiles), modern day cars that only exist in the real world.

Make it make sense. Pointless arguing with you seeing that you are choosing to be ignorant or blind to how having a car in what was once a MOSTLY MARTIAL ARTS GAME would be off-putting. There's nothing left to say to you.

I asked you to explain to me reason being obnoxious mount skins not magical auras. How is that visual consistency. 
Also TERA's gunner class says hi.
I agree, if you think that a toy car is worse than visual effects burning our your eye sockets is worse then you just choose to be ignorant. 

• Confused 1

Some visual infusions stack, and some players want to show that they have obtained enough of them to fill their infusion slots.  That is a player centric problem imo.  
I can imagine a regular player wanting 2 or three of the same infusion slotted, some infusions are rather faint by themselves.
It isn't the dev's fault if people want to abuse infusion stacking as a status symbol.  
some rather nice effects can be achieved by stacking different infusions, though some folks abuse that too.  Instead of being blindingly bright, some people appear to be a swirling mass of different particles.

I don't want a stacking limit to infusions though. Color tinting and skin or armor patterns seem reasonable, add one or two particle effects or auras and the effect can be quite nice.  I am already disappointed that several infusions are mutually exclusive.
The best course would probably be to educate people in aesthetics.  Perhaps then people would be more concerned about looking good, rather than looking wealthy.  

Edited by Zebulous.2934
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1