Scepter

Eddbopkins.2630

21 minutes ago, Chyro.1462 said:

Looking forward to it too.. except the water 3 change. I do hope they noticed the feedback and made it so water 3 can still be a group heal for heal/support builds, cause I do quite like using scepter on my heal tempest.

Scepter doesn't really offer any support at all. Your waaaaaay better off going with dagger and getting more reliable blast fields and aura sharing capabilities. None of scepter water skills are blast finishers and none creat a water field.

Edited by Eddbopkins.2630
  • Like 4
  • Confused 3

Scepter has better might stacking than dagger, with 2 blast finishers directly in fire. For blasting the water field you don't need dagger 3, can go into earth for warhorn 4 or earth + dodge (with evasive arcana) or even into fire + scepter 3 or aftershock.

I agree that dagger is better for aura share since scepter has no auras and dagger's air 3 is very spamable - though that only matters if you actually take the aura share trait over healing mist. Maybe this is more valuable in pvp/wvw where shocking aura does more than just share traited boons. I'm a PvE player though and found the increased might stacking + having a ranged heal on scepter water 3 (which is also a great burst heal when everyone's stacked - so it fills the same purpose as dagger 3 in water field) more valuable than what dagger offers.

Edited by Chyro.1462
  • Like 4

15 minutes ago, Eddbopkins.2630 said:

Scepter doesn't really offer any support at all. Your waaaaaay better off going with dagger and getting more reliable blast fields and aura sharing capabilities. None of scepter water skills are blast finishers and none creat a water field.

Well, neither scepter nor dagger is exactly a good support weapon. Dagger is strictly better for healing with elemental bastion, since it can provide more auras, but in pve you typically want to run the alac trait + soothing mist anyway, which makes those weapons kinda equally bad as a result. Scepter has one more blast skill for a bit more might or maybe blasting water globe if you can time it perfectly, but might is now overly abundant and dragon tooth + phoenix into water orb is almost imposible to pull off and position effectively under realistic conditions. Trident is a better healing skill than cone fo cold of course, but blasting water globe with frozen burst is easy to do and more practical than the fire shenanigens.

Honestly you could play healalac tempest without a main hand weapon and no relevant skills would be lost, your boon uptime would remain perfect and healing output would be almost unaffected. The choice between dagger and scepter is not about support, it's about how you want to spend time doing your insignificant dps when not overloading or using the actually relevant warhorn skills.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Dark.5674 said:

Well, neither scepter nor dagger is exactly a good support weapon. Dagger is strictly better for healing with elemental bastion, since it can provide more auras, but in pve you typically want to run the alac trait + soothing mist anyway, which makes those weapons kinda equally bad as a result. Scepter has one more blast skill for a bit more might or maybe blasting water globe if you can time it perfectly, but might is now overly abundant and dragon tooth + phoenix into water orb is almost imposible to pull off and position effectively under realistic conditions. Trident is a better healing skill than cone fo cold of course, but blasting water globe with frozen burst is easy to do and more practical than the fire shenanigens.

Honestly you could play healalac tempest without a main hand weapon and no relevant skills would be lost, your boon uptime would remain perfect and healing output would be almost unaffected. The choice between dagger and scepter is not about support, it's about how you want to spend time doing your insignificant dps when not overloading or using the actually relevant warhorn skills.

Uhm.. the difference between both weapons is significant... 

Scepter deals like 3k more dps on Golem (probably more like 4-5k dps post balance change, is ranged damage, short casting time on skills so alot more versatile, an incredible low cd ranged burst heal (rip), no clunky leaps in rotation like the dagger, extra access to condi cleanse when using cleansing water, extra toughness when tanking, extra blindness for thrash mobs. 

All dagger has is some aurashare if you are using powerful aura (which normally isn't the best pick). Apart from that dagger is just a clunky weapon in PvE with a very mediocre unreliable close ranged heal. 

New water Trident is just a trash skill. Heal on hit mechanic is annoying AF for WvW/pvp. The ammo seems to be completely random, its the only ele skill with ammo currently. All they had to do was boost up the dps abit for PvP and the skill would've been perfectly fine. CmC is just a PvP player that doesn't give a kitten what happens to the other gamemodes/has no understanding of it. 

The balance change of scepter is simply a very bad design that could've easily been fixed, but Anet doesn't really seem to care about the ele community anyways. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 4

30 minutes ago, Doctor Hide.6345 said:

So how is scepter now? I have not touched my ele since catalyst came out because I think hammer is a stupid weapon for it, but is scepter worth coming back to for Ele with the new changes? I kind of miss my ele, but I wanted a good build that was not melee focused.

Condi weaver now runs scepter/focus in pve and it is actually pretty potent, but you still have to stay near the boss because of stance, fire transmute and boons of course. Unfortunately there will never be a true ranged playstyle as long as heals and boons require close range stacking. But now you can at least move around when needed.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Dark.5674 said:

Condi weaver now runs scepter/focus in pve and it is actually pretty potent, but you still have to stay near the boss because of stance, fire transmute and boons of course. Unfortunately there will never be a true ranged playstyle as long as heals and boons require close range stacking. But now you can at least move around when needed.

Cool. Thank you for the info. I may give ele a shot again after this change to see if I like it.

19 hours ago, the krytan assassin.9235 said:

Uhm.. the difference between both weapons is significant... 

Scepter deals like 3k more dps on Golem (probably more like 4-5k dps post balance change, is ranged damage, short casting time on skills so alot more versatile, an incredible low cd ranged burst heal (rip), no clunky leaps in rotation like the dagger, extra access to condi cleanse when using cleansing water, extra toughness when tanking, extra blindness for thrash mobs. 

All dagger has is some aurashare if you are using powerful aura (which normally isn't the best pick). Apart from that dagger is just a clunky weapon in PvE with a very mediocre unreliable close ranged heal. 

New water Trident is just a trash skill. Heal on hit mechanic is annoying AF for WvW/pvp. The ammo seems to be completely random, its the only ele skill with ammo currently. All they had to do was boost up the dps abit for PvP and the skill would've been perfectly fine. CmC is just a PvP player that doesn't give a kitten what happens to the other gamemodes/has no understanding of it. 

The balance change of scepter is simply a very bad design that could've easily been fixed, but Anet doesn't really seem to care about the ele community anyways. 

I don't even know where to begin with this.

Let's start with the obvious: PvE lawnmowers have been favoured for many years. 😢 are they paying attention to other game modes finally? 😢 unacceptable!

Scepter water 3 is not the only skill with ammo which you'd know if you actually read the patch notes

Water 3 has never been a DPS skill in pvp/WvW and scepter was only briefly good for condi weaver in competitive PvE so...seriously this is what you choose to complain about when scepter was overall hugely buffed lol?

This is why ppl laugh at our community for being toxic casuals 😹

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 5

5 hours ago, solemn.9670 said:

I don't even know where to begin with this.

Let's start with the obvious: PvE lawnmowers have been favoured for many years. 😢 are they paying attention to other game modes finally? 😢 unacceptable!

Scepter water 3 is not the only skill with ammo which you'd know if you actually read the patch notes

Water 3 has never been a DPS skill in pvp/WvW and scepter was only briefly good for condi weaver in competitive PvE so...seriously this is what you choose to complain about when scepter was overall hugely buffed lol?

This is why ppl laugh at our community for being toxic casuals 😹

Ah so because the pvp community gets their piece of candy the PvE community should suffer? Talking about toxic casuals...

All i did was stating the nerfs to water Trident are significant for PvE. The negative side effects to PvE could've easily avoided, but no, lets start complaining about the "toxic" individuals that try to point out some of the obvious flaws made by the dev team.

Talking about hypocrisy...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

On 11/30/2022 at 12:37 PM, the krytan assassin.9235 said:

Ah so because the pvp community gets their piece of candy the PvE community should suffer? Talking about toxic casuals...

All i did was stating the nerfs to water Trident are significant for PvE. The negative side effects to PvE could've easily avoided, but no, lets start complaining about the "toxic" individuals that try to point out some of the obvious flaws made by the dev team.

Talking about hypocrisy...

PvE players are favoured YEAR ROUND. With every patch and update. Constantly given new things.

Pvp and WvW gets a little attention and now you're crying about how I'm a "hypocrite" for pointing it out lol

Yes maybe they should buff the dmg a little more for PvE then even tho scepter isn't even used as a power weapon in raids last I checked

Edited by solemn.9670
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

On 11/29/2022 at 12:56 PM, the krytan assassin.9235 said:

New water Trident is just a trash skill. Heal on hit mechanic is annoying AF for WvW/pvp.

The skill is not bad, but I would prefer it to  be ground target again. On hit skills make the useless when on full running away mode.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Ragnarox.9601 said:

Scepter now is just too much, they need to tone it down, its annoying. 

Btw I play ele and they need to balance it better. 

Lots of oneshot ele builds in pvp, we dont need that.

There are no 1 shot ele build its a lot of skills going off at once. Your issues is with the trait Fresh Air not scepter.

13 hours ago, Ragnarox.9601 said:

Scepter now is just too much, they need to tone it down, its annoying. 

Btw I play ele and they need to balance it better. 

Lots of oneshot ele builds in pvp, we dont need that.

"i play ele"

But doesnt know the very famous name of the "oneshot build" 😉

classic.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1