Mechanical Genius Buff Timer

Kodama.6453

The change is worse than I expected....

The timer for the buff of mechanical genius to keep the stats of your mech doesn't refresh every second, but every 3 seconds instead. If you want to use this already clunky mechanic, anet, then at least make it refresh every second so we can get back the stats lost immediately by entering the range again.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 6

Give me a Short-Leash toggle command. I want the bot to automatically stay in 360 radius of me at all times. 

This change is unacceptable without some sort of Quality of Life feature attached to it.

I actually rather it stayed in F2 buffing range of me anyways even before this nerf. It's time you updated the useless Guard/Avoid Combat button to something more useful.

Edited by Doggie.3184
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, Doggie.3184 said:

Give me a Short-Leash toggle command. I want the bot to automatically stay in 360 radius of me at all times. 

This change is unacceptable without some sort of Quality of Life feature attached to it.

I managed to lose the buff just by standing around. Because sometimes the mech decides that it wants to practice social distancing and stays away more than 360 when I am literally just standing around.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

After the patch...just lolz.  Rifle feels too clunky and slow to react.  Mech genius needs to be looked at as well.  Like the others have stated...the mech really needs to stay next to the player instead of wondering off.  The Mech needs should be change to a floating ball or something way smaller that doesn't wonder off.  Hitting F6/F7 rarely works.  I vote for a total redesign of the Mechanist at this point.

• Like 9

32 minutes ago, Kodama.6453 said:

I managed to lose the buff just by standing around. Because sometimes the mech decides that it wants to practice social distancing and stays away more than 360 when I am literally just standing around.

Same, managed to lose the buff just by running straight in OW because the AI pathing is awful and mech decided to social distance while running, this is without any mobs following me etc., just run straight ahead.

2 minutes ago, EyzKold.8247 said:

After the patch...just lolz.  Rifle feels too clunky and slow to react.  Mech genius needs to be looked at as well.  Like the others have stated...the mech really needs to stay next to the player instead of wondering off.  The Mech needs should be change to a floating ball or something way smaller that doesn't wonder off.  Hitting F6/F7 rarely works.  I vote for a total redesign of the Mechanist at this point.

Yea rifle is so clunky rn, heavy problem is that the animation duration is still the same with 3 bullets pre-patch, now we have 2 bullets animation, but I feel that the animation became slower just to fit with the previous duration.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

The balance team is incompetent. For engi, mechanist is now even more clunky to play, and in the same time reduce the skill celling?!?! Scrapper is still useless (even more since they remove quickness in pvp because bad design). And they buff Holo to the point of brokenness, holo was already fine, just a fiew buff here and there, dont shoot for the moon. Oh and remember the change they did to rifle to had impact, gone now its just a slow pea gun as it was before. Not gonna lie this is for my class a bad patch day, not gonna spend money in gem till they revert their this stupid patch as far a engi is concern. Roy and cmc balance the game for pvp, a DEAD game mode, the reason nobody play pvp, its because its aint fun to be condi bomb and cc spam, oh and playing capture the zone for ever and ever get old fast.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Okhu.7948 said:

All the haters got their wish. Mechanist feels like dog crap to play now. I hope karma bites each of them.

Its clear anet dont know how engi is played. The worst part is that we gonna have to wait months till they fix this stupid mess. Guess since they buff holo to the point of broken ness, no choice to play this spec... again... like the last 4 kittening years...

• Like 6

Wish I had a capture card to showcase this. 

I'm currently standing still in Aerodrome. I lost the buff because the mech is standing out of my range. I am MASHING the return to me key. The mech isn't responding and refuses to move closer to my player. 

It's exactly as I said. Return to me doesn't work. This change should be deleted until the AI is improved to support it. 

This change doesn't even work when I'm standing AFK with nothing to distract the bot. Imagine in actual combat where players are punished for factors completely out of their control. 

Absolutely baffling change, but also completely on par for the guy responsible for the "CC does no damage" and the "300 Second cooldown" changes. 

Edited by Kuma.1503
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 2

56 minutes ago, Kodama.6453 said:

The change is worse than I expected....

The timer for the buff of mechanical genius to keep the stats of your mech doesn't refresh every second, but every 3 seconds instead. If you want to use this already clunky mechanic, anet, then at least make it refresh every second so we can get back the stats lost immediately by entering the range again.

After playing a bit more, the 3 seconds is just unbearable to re-activate the buff, and the 360 feels too tight of a radius to keep the bot in check while in attack mode.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Kuma.1503 said:

Works on paper, not in practice. 

It doesn't even work on paper as there are situations where it's just better / about equal to let the mech keep attacking instead of constantly dragging him around as reducing the uptime is also a DPS loss.

Like I said in various other threads the mech shouldn't have been their focus in the first place as going after the rifle AA in favor of buffing its other skills would have also put more emphasis on "active gameplay" (even more so than what they did rn) without any of the issues this change brings along.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

8 minutes ago, Tails.9372 said:

It doesn't even work on paper as there are situations where it's just better / about equal to let the mech keep attacking instead of constantly dragging him around as reducing the uptime is also a DPS loss.

Like I said in various other threads the mech shouldn't have been their focus in the first place as going after the rifle AA in favor of buffing its other skills would have also put more emphasis on "active gameplay" (even more so than what they did rn) without any of the issues this change brings along.

That is true. This is going to be a nightmare during actual combat. 

Mech is effectively dead until this is fixed. Haters got their wish. Part of me hopes ANet gives their main the same treatment as Karma, but I'd like them to fix garbage like this, not actively create more. 

• Like 7
  • Confused 1

Ham Mech still works in WVW but rifle mech is dead unless a player is using the mortar kit.  It's kitten.  So what is the point of rifle now?  I would like to have a Mech self destruct button so at least I can kill another player with it.  lolz

Hey devs..let the Mechanist merg with the bot like the Soulbeast!!!   What a novel idea!!!  Then no more wondering off 😞

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Kodama.6453 said:

Truth. I cant tell you how many times my mech loses track where it should be and it dashes off and gets lost.

• Like 2

Pretty bad change. The 3s refresh is unacceptable as others said, and I was also frequently able to lose the buff when running in a straight line because the pet moves unpredictably.

The pet is now a liability on a pet class. If you gave the mech commands to the player and removed the mech, it would actually be better now. That should have been enough of a wake-up call in testing to show that this is bad design.

Also, stuffing yet another crucial elite spec function (this debuff) onto the dumping ground that the buff bar has become is unacceptable. At least budget the UX work to integrate it into the mechanist UI if you have to commit to this change. If you want to halve the player's stats when the mech misbehaves then you have to make it extremely visible to the player.

Edited by Tulki.1458
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Yeah ... the UI thing is definitely annoying. I mean: mechanist is coming with the signets and that means passive effect icons in that bar as well + the EoD brought additional stuff from the new mechanics: rest exp buff and the jade bot revier ... they have icons as well. It is getting more and more. Just adding a linebreak (having a 2nd line at the end of the screen or where the mini map starts instead of moving into hiding ... would help a ton here.

I think to make it more clear how horrible this change is, they should have made it so the player loses half of THEIR stats if the mech moves out of range. 😋

At this point, no one should run the ranged mech trait now, unless you like spending all your time babysitting the mech.

• Like 2