Get Ascended a "fun way"

DrippyT.7085

Ive hit 80, and got some full exotic gear on my necro. Now i want to slowly work towords ascended and watched multiple video saying: oh you can get trinkets here, helmets there and weapons at another whole different place. (Or im dumb and didnt search good enough). So my question: Is there a way to get full ascended in just 1-2 gamemodes. I mostly like group pve, but Im not afraid of jumping into pvp/wvw. I dont care if its not the most efficient way, i just dont want it to be an annoying and simple grind. So is there a way to get full ascended from just 1-2 fun gamemodes? Ty for reading

Edited by DrippyT.7085

Icebrood saga Bjora Marches you get a ton of Eternal Iceshards. You can straight buy amulet and accessory. I wouldnt call it a grind because 1 or 2 runs of both metas (Drakkar and Jora's Keep) and some chest run will probably be enough for 1 or even 2 both items. You can also do icebrood saga strikes for more of those shards. 

With the excess shards you can buy LS4 currencies for which you can buy more ascended trinkets. In Dragonfall you can buy all 3 trinket types on the rest of the maps one or 2.

All LS3 and LS4 maps offer some ascended accessory so if you dont want to grind one map (I hate that too) you can do a little bit of all. On some LS3 maps you can also get ascended backpack.

For the armour and weapons crafting is the reliable way. Group PVE like raids, fractals and raids are a good source. Pvp and WvW are feasible but you should enjoy those modes. And you might just wait with spending pvp and wvw currencies because you might just want to get legendaries and those require the same currency as ascended so these could set you back. 

• Like 1

As well as raids and strikes you can get ascended equipment from Fractals, either as drops or you can save up fractal relics and buy it from the vendors in the Mistlock Observatory.

You can also get ascended equipment from WvW, but it's much slower, especially for armour because I think the only option is the precursors for the legendary armour, so it takes more time to get than other ascended armour sets.

The guides you've seen are probably focusing on working out the quickest ways overall, rather than covering all the options.

Edited by Danikat.8537
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If you like group pve, then you're in luck.
Raids are great. They give magnetite shards and you don't have to worry about Agony Resistance (higher level fractals, see below). You can also sometimes get drops. Even if an item doesn't offer stats you like, you can stat swap the ascended gear in the Mystic Forge.
IBS strikes are also pretty good if you use shards.
Fractals are also great, but honestly, they are only really "good" at T4, which requires full ascended for infusing 150 AR. Great for gearing up alts though. But if you enjoy 5-man dungeon content, worth doing at any tier, tbh.

Trinkets are usually purchased with currency like Winterberries gathered at Bitterfrost Frontier.

Edited by firedragon.8953
  • Thanks 1

If you want to work on a single game mode to get everything, I guess competitive PvP is probably the best choice (WvW is slower). With crafting you can't craft ascended trinkets. Fractals give you a very easy way to buy rings, but you have to learn crafting anyway for the armor. LW maps like Bitterfrost are easy for trinkets but don't give you the armor. Guild missions are easy for accessories, but no armor.

If you prefer to have more grind to avoid some research, than PvP is probably the best way. Strikes also give you both armor and trinkets, but for the trinkets you have to complete Harvest temple twice, and that can be difficult for some player.